Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Has anyone said dickdock yet?

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Len posted:

Tiktok makes me think of ytmnd only instead of a gif + meme song it's a 15 second long looping video + meme song

Which I'm sure my parents didn't get why I thought ytmnd was hilarious when I was 16 so now I understand how they felt

Yep. Basically, for every original/interesting video on TikTok, there are a million high school kids doing a copy of that video. And the platform/community seems to not just agree with this, but actively encourage it. Someone came up with a good dance/joke? Cool, now let's see you do that exact same dance/joke!

Also, because of how fast everything goes by the view counts are crazy. It's basically impossible to not get at least 10,000+ views and 1000+ likes if you're using a popular song/sound. So it's very ego-feeding for someone who might be struggling to get 100 likes on their Instagram posts.