Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I was kind of bored watching this. Al Pacino was good, but I just couldn't get into these ancient fossils limping around with computer masks on. It felt like I was watching most of them do a final wave before death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

SimonCat posted:

This is the set up to a joke.

Also, why is it in every movie about the Teamsters all their member seem to be in their 50s. Aren't there any young Union truck drivers?

Seniority.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Imagine if you got someone with a functional nervous system and lubricated joints to play a 40 year old man.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

BiggerBoat posted:

Oddly, one of the biggest times I was taken out of the film with young Frank had nothing to do with his face but when he was beating up the shopkeeper who gave his daughter some poo poo.

Yeah that's the one. I noticed things like the slim suits and general fluidity of his movement throughout the entire movie though.

De Niro is a good actor but there are also 40 year old good actors. I didn't really love the movie in general but I do appreciate it as a bit of a victory lap for the director and his mainstay actors.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

Giving him blue eyes was stupid too.

Yeah he already looks like a Mediterranean gentleman just leave his eyes brown. You're doing speculative/alt history stuff his eyes don't matter.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

When I imagine someone younger than now they don't look bizarre and distracting unless I choose to make them that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I met Jack Lalanne when he was in his 90s and he could. But he was also a pretty atypical dude.

He hoarded the power of futuristic juices, he doesn't count.