Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

small size, high yield :chord:

but enough about citizen tayne's posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

its

u

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

im fat

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

people who eat at their desk of their own free will are loving animals

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Share Bear posted:

"oh no my holy writing surface has been besmirched with a plate"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Share Bear posted:

what are you, a fuckin desk cop?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I eat my desk because the coffee table is in the sales office and they fart a lot.

e: at my desk, even

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i eat at my desk because that’s where my computer and comfy chair are and i can goof around on the Internet and edit pictures and also its harder for people to see me cry in my office

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

President Beep posted:

i eat at my desk because that’s where my computer and comfy chair are and i can goof around on the Internet and edit pictures and also its harder for people to see me cry in my office

you have a comfy chair in your office?

e: found it lol:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Share Bear posted:

look at this loving guy right here whos too good to eat at his desk

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my office lunch room is part of the open office space no walls and has space for four people out of the 40 people on the floor.

I eat at my desk.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

my office lunch room is part of the open office space no walls and has space for four people out of the 40 people on the floor.

I eat at my desk.

well sure if the alternative is the floor

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

rotor posted:

what are you, a fuckin desk cop?

desk zookeeper

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Jerry Cotton posted:

well sure if the alternative is the floor

or the toilet

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ive seen things,
thing you cube mates wouldnt believe.

phones on the floor of a stall in an office bathroom.
feet glistening at the sink during an impromptu daily foot bath.

all these memories will be lost like
cube walls
in the office

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I had a little gas cooker in mine once

my supervisor got grumpy because of the sizzling and smells.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Agile Vector posted:

feet glistening at the sink during an impromptu daily foot bath.

Some co-workers of the religious type often wash their feet (easy to tell because they come out with their socks off) with the Oras BidettaTM showerheads in the toilets and used to leave the stalls dripping wet all over because it's probably not the easiest operation.

I asked the warehouse manager (of the same faith) about it and apparently it is, as I suspected, a ritual thing, and there's really nothing we can do about a few guys taking ages in the toilet every time they poo poo or fart because their god will smite them otherwise but he asked them to dry the stalls after they're done so now it's not that big a problem anymore.

Moral of the story: It's better to talk about problems in the workplace than to just go "that fucker splashed all over the walls and floor again" time and again. But, more importantly, all religion should be abolished as it is an instrument of oppression :ussr:.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
we had a can of DrPepper sitting on the same desk for 6 years

pram
Jun 10, 2001
drink it imo

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jerry Cotton posted:

Some co-workers of the religious type often wash their feet (easy to tell because they come out with their socks off) with the Oras BidettaTM showerheads in the toilets and used to leave the stalls dripping wet all over because it's probably not the easiest operation.

I asked the warehouse manager (of the same faith) about it and apparently it is, as I suspected, a ritual thing, and there's really nothing we can do about a few guys taking ages in the toilet every time they poo poo or fart because their god will smite them otherwise but he asked them to dry the stalls after they're done so now it's not that big a problem anymore.

Moral of the story: It's better to talk about problems in the workplace than to just go "that fucker splashed all over the walls and floor again" time and again. But, more importantly, all religion should be abolished as it is an instrument of oppression :ussr:.

interesting, i didn't know that! i figures it was something belief wise since it was fairly consistent but in our building we only have fairly high sinks and this guy had to basically try not to slip and fall while doing so

i didnt complain since we had other rest rooms and that one is a bit out of the way, but i do know if he asked they probably would have given him access to a better location for such things since were accommodating to religious needs

Siljmonster posted:

we had a can of DrPepper sitting on the same desk for 6 years

one dude has the same can of spam from 12 years ago from a joke about a project then. its funny to hear reactions when he tells people its age

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i have a boot disk for the arabic version of windows 98 and a cd of the hebrew version of windows 95 because we have some old cd databases that don't run on anything newer

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
current trash on my desk:

• calculator in a floppy disk shell
  • swiss army knife shaped like a crab (gift from friend)
  • roll of gaffers tape for some reason

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

update: microkorg has been repaired! except for the stupid circuit that went straight from the 3v3 reg into the cpu, so now it thinks it’s in low battery mode and won’t let me save settings. but the presets are pretty rad anyway.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Soiled Meat
i have a little wooden robot that folds up into a cube, op

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

currently: a bunch of receipts ive expensed for beer for various work-related purposes

and some matches from a steakhouse

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

failed projects, shattered dreams

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

a couple little android robot things they give out sometimes at work, a couple amiibos, a little buddha, an origami rose a friend made

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i still have the floppy diskette. think it's here for the long haul

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

BONGHITZ posted:

failed projects, shattered dreams

go on

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

20 oz diet snapple bottles from costco, empty

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i have a little wooden robot that folds up into a cube, op

post it

Scud Hansen
Dec 13, 2015

Darkness and Evil

second

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I work on a folding table in my guest room OP.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
op's posts!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Nice avatar where did you get it the garbage can?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

shut up!!!!!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Soiled Meat

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I have a bunch of books, including The Doom Gurus programming book (from 93 or 94?), an old iPad we haven’t given back to a client, a folder entitled “Flying Adventure” which was a cancelled game from more than 5 years ago, a bunch of other books and folders from up to 10 years ago I barely touch.

My cousin got me these. Star Wars characters made out of car parts at my desk!

I also have those water speakers which get annoying from the sound the water makes. Also I have bismuth. Keeps breaking into smaller pieces.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Good Sphere posted:

water speakers
:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the gently caress is a water speaker