Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Selachian posted:

I've always thought Luther, for all his limitations in the ring, still gets a nice crisp snap on his suplexes.

He does. He has good technique, he's just a weirdo who runs out of gas really early and occasionally has timing issues. And his gear sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

They already announced the buy-in, Private Party vs. Alex Reynolds and John Silver.

I know, but they’ve done two matches on the Buy-In before.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
i hope the Lucha Bros double underhooked stuffed piledriver is called the End of the Night because thats an awesome move name

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

CombineThresher posted:

He does. He has good technique, he's just a weirdo who runs out of gas really early and occasionally has timing issues. And his gear sucks.

ring gear is perfect for a Japanese deathmatch guy

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

smikey posted:

ring gear is perfect for a Japanese deathmatch guy

Now I want him to dress exactly like Mr. Pogo.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Weird to have a Friday show but that's cool.

1) Faboo Andre and D3 versus The Butcher And the Blade. Love Eddie Kingston just sauntering out with his boys. This match is proceeding like Butcher has a cup of coffee backstage and wants to murder these clowns before it gets cold. We get a few bits from Andre and D3 but this is largely a murdershow.

2) Red Velvet vs Allie. Red Velvet was great last week. New ring gear tonight. Brandi executes a perfect Sorority Hug on Allie. Sound mix on Brandi on commentary isn't great. Red Velvet has real skills out there and mostly covers for Allie not being superb. Decent enough match. Sign Red Velvet.

3) Colt Cabana vs Zack Clayton. Cabana out with his cult buddies. Is Clayton the Jersey Shore guy? I like Stu coaching Colt on being a dirtbag. The story of this match is fun, and Colt breaking out the Discus Clothesline is pretty fantastic, but the match is only okay.

Fierce promo from Peter Avalon. Leva looks sad.

4) Ryzin and Angel Perez vs LUCHA BROS, MEXI KINGS, ZERO MIEDO, MEET YOU IN THE RING. Fast, fun match. Helps that Ryzin is good enough to sell anything the Lucha Bros do. Angel Perez barely gets a look in.

Eddie Kingston with a fun post match promo. His wink to camera is superb.

5) Ivelisse vs KiLynn King. Tall Girl v Small Girl. Love that they bring their tag medals with them. Some great early striking. King has impressive strength, and Ivelisse looks good with some of her dodging offense. This is a great kinetic match. Bloody hell, King's release German suplex is intense. This was a really good match.

6) Shawn Dean and Brandon Bullock vs Beaver Boys check out this Chase Owens looking motherfucker. Love my lil musclegoofs. Silver spidermonkeys early. Shawn Dean has a hell of an Enziguri. Brandon Bullock hits Austin Gunn's finisher as a transitional move. Love that we're seeing Silver's kicks showcased. Ooh, hot tag for Shawn Dean. Love the saluting DDT. The stereo DDT is fun.

Brandon accepts with a fiery promo of his own. Leva looks sad.

7) Darby Allin vs The Original Death Dealer, Japanese Deathmatch Legend Dr Luther. I never thought I'd say it but Luther is warming on me. He's improved in the ring too. This is pretty good fun as far as it goes. THREE! THREE! THREE! Stimpy in the wrestling episode right here. Timing in the cannonball corner spot wasn't perfect but it worked. Enjoyable.

8) Natural Nightmares vs 5 and 10. Good to see Vest and Pants back in ring condition. Anna Jay, "THUS FAR the only female member of the Dark Order". "THUS FAR". Natural Nightmares start off red hot. Hoping it turns around a bit for my Spooky Boys. 10 has some very solid strikes. 5 does an awesome diving stomp. They do a good job of selling how effective 5's kicks are. I like the fact that even though Dark Order has a plethora of masked guys, they aren't just interchangeable Puttys. That launching DDT is superb. QT has also tightened up in the ring. LOVE Dustin's snap powerslam. This is a GOOD match. Result was inevitable but this was really enjoyable.

Good show to get the blood up for All Out.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Luther should manage Abadon

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The second death dealer, North Dakota death match legend, Dr. Abadon. Sadly, instead of pointing at her head and sticking out her tongue she just keeps spitting up blood, so he eventually gives up on her.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Imagining that promo.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
three minutes of sticking their tongues out while pointing at each other

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I came in and that was definitely the best match I've seen from Luther ever. He had some interesting throws and holds, and held up over the course of a fairly long match. I guess a florida summer was brutal for him, and yeah, he was probably trying a bit harder for a co-main event w/ a guy whose very over.
e: it's funny to imagine Luther cutting a promo in his high-pitched yell while Abadon cracks her neck and crawls around next to him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

flatluigi posted:

three minutes of sticking their tongues out while pointing at each other's forehead

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I think a lot of the Luther hate came from him coming in with the Nightmare Collective angle and having a high profile feud against Havoc and being Jericho’s friend and we all kind of assumed he was going to get some kind of main show push. Now that he’s just a weirdo who hangs out in the crowd and points at his head and waggles his tongue and occasionally has a match on Dark where he makes high pitched shrieking noises, it’s hard to really hate on him. Get your paycheck, Japanese Deathmatch Legend

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think a lot of the Luther hate came from him coming in with the Nightmare Collective angle and having a high profile feud against Havoc and being Jericho’s friend and we all kind of assumed he was going to get some kind of main show push. Now that he’s just a weirdo who hangs out in the crowd and points at his head and waggles his tongue and occasionally has a match on Dark where he makes high pitched shrieking noises, it’s hard to really hate on him. Get your paycheck, Japanese Deathmatch Legend

For sure. The Nightmare Collective stuff was deffo the height of it, and by now he's far enough away from that that we can appreciate this weird old uncle that sometimes shows up on Dark and has gotten Serpentico 2 wins.

I am super down for Japanese Death Match Legend The Original Death Dealer Doctor Luther Fixture of Dark. I'd love to see more of his shrieking, like next time he tags with Serpentico for him to yell "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" as Serpentico gets the 3 count.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think Darby is just a good opponent for Luther too, even if he's gassed out and his knees are a little shot Darby can bump around him.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

StarkRavingMad posted:

Well a lot of the Luther hate was also because he's been loving terrible in the ring. Last night was the first time he looked not just competent but actually good. Part of it was the match being laid out well but he also played his part perfectly. I'm not going to say I'm a fan, even ironically, but I never thought we'd see such a quality match out of the guy, so maybe there's vague hope.

Also, sign KiLynn King, Red Velvet, and Veda Scott.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/kilynnking/status/1301979152438960129?s=21

King cut a Twitter promo before Dark, pretty decent and not a bad foundation to build on.

Agree on signing her, Veda and Velvet.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

rantmo posted:

Well a lot of the Luther hate was also because he's been loving terrible in the ring. Last night was the first time he looked not just competent but actually good. Part of it was the match being laid out well but he also played his part perfectly. I'm not going to say I'm a fan, even ironically, but I never thought we'd see such a quality match out of the guy, so maybe there's vague hope.

Agreed on all three signings. Skyler Moore and Heather Monroe wouldn't be bad signings either.

Luther benefits a lot from a slower pace where he can tell a story and do crisp suplexes, so I hope his matches are laid out this way moving forward.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

rantmo posted:

Yup I agree with all of this! I wish they'd sign The Captain and Hobbs as well. I'm intrigued that Lee has had so many speaking roles in MJFs promo, I hope that leads to something.

E: I wasn't sure about Red Velvet at first, but man she WORKS. The match with her and Allie was kinda painful cause it was so obvious Red Velvet was so much more talented.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Agreeing with the other signings, and I'd also like if they signed M'badu.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Hobbs, Dean, and Johnson all seem like obvious pickups and Johnson's got to have some sort of deal, as often as he's around (and good for him.) I liked Musa too but I'm obligated to support anyone with a Chicago connection, except Mel because she's just not good.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rantmo posted:

Hobbs, Dean, and Johnson all seem like obvious pickups and Johnson's got to have some sort of deal, as often as he's around (and good for him.) I liked Musa too but I'm obligated to support anyone with a Chicago connection, except Mel because she's just not good.

Mel is very big and has a great look, but God she's just not good in the ring. She should be a valet instead of an in ring competitor. She could do a version of the poo poo Chyna used to do when she was HHHs enforcer.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Luther needs to tag with Serpentico more and call themselves the Lutha Bros

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Marmaduke! posted:

Lutha Bros
Pointing Kings
Stick out our tongues
While standing in the ring

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Marmaduke! posted:

Pointm'n and Snakem'n are a powerful combination.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

karmicknight posted:

Pointm'n and Snakem'n are a powerful combination.

And they might make a new friend soon, too! Hangm'n just lost his friends!

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Vince MechMahon posted:

Lutha Bros
Pointing Kings
Stick out our tongues
While standing in the ring

Lutha Bros
Death match kings
Point to my head
and eat chicken wings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

There's been expressed desire for a new thread/new OP. 132 pages, and the day before another edition of the show, feels like a good place to stop with this one. Here's the new one https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3939517