Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Mons Hubris posted:

Wow, surprising outcome!

I guess the arm breaker is not the killer it was in LU.
yeah that finish did not make sense to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Post-dark Thoughts: Is it just me or has Brandon Cutler gotten way better in the ring since the start of AEW? I mean it makes sense, IIRC he was out for like seven years, but he did some pretty impressive work in his match tonight. I know his primary job is doing media stuff for AEW, but he must be taking advantage of the chance to get a lot of training in. I wouldn't be upset to see him as something other than a jobber, and I remember thinking his match with Janela early on was terrible. Although that was a week after Janela's match with Kenny, so I wouldn't be surprised if Janela still was recovering from that ridiculous match.

QT Marshall is another of those guys that seems to have gotten a good bit better, and I love his "did I just pull that off?" face he has whenever he does something acrobatic in the ring. He's got six screws in his neck though so I'd be fine with him not wrestling.
If you could combine Cutler's good timing & generous selling with Marshall's ability to connect with a crowd, that'd make for a future ace of the company

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
The matches on Dark are always at least watchable, but Excalibur & Taz have such easy chemistry with one another that it elevates the in-ring action and makes it flow so smoothly.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Zombie Lemur posted:

I feel like Sabian should've beaten Janela.

Don't get me wrong, that match was really fun, but it was practically a handicap match. If he can't win with Penelope interfering that much it's hard to see him as a threat to anyone.
Guess they wanted to continue the feud since Kip won that first match randomly inserted into a Dynamite, and a win for Sabian here would have definitively ended the angle. Dunno what the rubber match will eventually be

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Lamuella posted:

Strong Hearts need a push. They're great, but not enough people care yet. Dark Order looked strong.
A lot of the roster have the talent to be pushed harder, though it's not like comparable to the WWE's glut of unused potential. While I don't subscribe to the notion that those who can and those who cannot get over is a zero-sum game, it does make me wonder how long it will be before the dirtsheets leak that someone who has been a team player & was just happy to be here all of a sudden starts selfishly demanding a better push.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
not a good start to dark

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
very skippable dark this week, but now i want cutler & nakazawa to team up and whoop spears & avalon's asses

Gatts posted:

I just wanna chime in and say Go Pac! He got a poo poo deal in the WWE and I hope he finds success.
if you have yet to do so, watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvvoPPuqInY

and then watch the omega/pac ironman match from this wednesday's dynamite

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
this dark had real wcw saturday night energy and that's nice viewing every once in a while

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
matt sells lobster

because of how red he got

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
good lord, an extended mongo reference on commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

smarxist posted:

private party fun but not really doing much for me lately, they keep botching their little tag series into weird/awkward finishes and it makes me cringe.
they looked all the world like the unpolished team that their youth betrays them as, they have all the spots in their head, what they need is more time in the ring

smarxist posted:

okay that was probably the best GTH (is the naming new?) i've seen Sammy land and it looks like a lights out finisher there
Yeah, I think I prefer Go To Hospital over Burning GTS

smarxist posted:

Taz and Excalibur trying to figure out where Taz's angle with Darby is going on the fly is really funny lol
Taz talking trash lol, this is going to lead to a match between Taz and Darby isn't it?
it was very weird to see taz negging darby like that lol