Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Some extremely strong jobbers on this episode of AEW Dark.

I also liked how delighted Leva was that Peter Avalon actually held the ropes open for her in the opening match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

flatluigi posted:

do we know whether the dark wrestlers are local jobber level one-and-dones or are they actually joining with the company

It looks like both of them from tonight's episode were local Colorado wrestlers. Although Kenny Omega praised Abadon on Twitter last week after a fan @'d him in a tweet asking AEW to sign her so maybe they'll take notice of the positive reaction to her.

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1235780522401554432

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Lamuella posted:

Luther is still incongruous in AEW, like I'm genuinely not sure what he's doing here.

He's friends with Chris Jericho, who got him a job.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I love me some Butcher and Blade but their finishing move sucks, the double knees never hit right.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Marmaduke! posted:

Are there likely to be any matches where the winner isn't 100% obvious?

Not this week but they did have a match between two unsigned women two weeks ago, Christi Jaynes vs Kilynn King. Otherwise it’s usually main roster vs jobber.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Also they've spoken about the jobber matches giving paydays to local wrestlers that otherwise wouldn't be able to work right now.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sonny Kiss has some good moves. Loved that cartwheel kick in the corner.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope the KO'd tweeker stays on the ramp the whole time

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Good job by the joe dirt guy, he didn't move a muscle the whole match

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I like that the Nightmare Collective has apparently been memory holed. Mel was only aligned with Luther.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

smarxist posted:

they keep talking about Luther so i'm expecting him to do a run in and then Mel & Luther become bizarro superbad

Luther is already scheduled to be in action later on the show and there's only so much tongue wagging and head pointing that they can fit into it

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Mel could have just pinned her the way they landed but she had to awkwardly roll around for a bit instead

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I will give Luther credit, his bewilderment at Serpentico's streamers was funny

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Chris Jericho is a really good friend to get Luther a gig, the guy sucks bad

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Lid posted:

Leva Bates is the perfect AEW success story - manager as she is someone who cant work so they instead put her in a role she could do and she excelled in it rather than "lets keep trying to get her to work and get better after 10 years in the business"

I like her "heel manager that's extremely reluctant to be a heel" thing too.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Shawn Spears has a good theme song

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
That was a really cool spear

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I wonder if they'll have the jobbers win one of these eventually to further the interminable Allie and QT Marshall storyline

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I remember Allie being kind of poo poo when AEW first started but she seems better in these tag matches, maybe an aggressive heel style suits her better?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
You could hear a pin drop in there after that, everybody was like oh poo poo

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This sure is a wacky gimmick

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Did Chanel forget to take a bump for Big Swole's finishing move

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
👉😜

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Remember, 51 year old out of shape and somewhat immobile Luther was hired on the strength of his tryout tapes, not because he's best friends with Chris Jericho

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Too bad these guys are gonna lose tomorrow, good team

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sorry to the goon that was looking forward to seeing Will Hobbs in the general AEW thread

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The power of friendship thing with Cutler and Avalon is charming and now I actually hope they both get their first win together rather than building to a match between them.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Was he doing the Razor Ramon "something happens to this, something gonna happen to you" thing with his chain

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's Dark and doesn't really matter but they did Hobbs a disservice by jobbing him out in a few seconds last week. Like they could have put somebody else in there for that

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Despite it ending with a thong glued to one man's face, a surprisingly normal match between Michael Nakazawa and Marko Stunt

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Luther wasn't even fully out of the tunnel before he pointed at his head and stuck his tongue out

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Taz: Point to your head! Point to your head! There ya go!

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Luther could barely move by the end of the match

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Excalibur using a walkie talkie to do commentary now

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Lanky_Nibz posted:

How the hell is Chanel on again tomorrow? I feel like someone ether lost or won a bet.

They're testing Shida to see how far her powers go when it comes to carrying people to good matches.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Wait a second, Taz said that Rache Chanel has 9 years of experience.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
For a while when you google'd Sabby Piscitelli the first hit was an article naming him the worst Tampa Bay Bucs player of all time

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Sabby was out of position on Chuck's dive but other than that he looked alright I think.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Hobbs is a huge dude, that was an impressive move by Starks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Reality Protester posted:

cant tell if King is huge or Diamante is tiny

Both