Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Why would I watch that first match if I don’t like PnP and they’re going to win? That match is too predictable to bother watching.

I will watch the Sonny Kiss one tho cuz Kiss is the best and he needs support in his fight against Dipshit McGee.

Because their is more to wrestling story telling than who wins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

PnP feels fine just because it's their gimmick. If someone else gave them the gimmick it might feel racist, especially if it was totally disconnected from who they really were as people. But they've been working a version of this for years and it feels like something they made themselves so it seems fine to me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

hes baiting you.

Oh, well good for him I guess.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, that's still fair because white culture isn't a real thing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, even if done right I don't think it would be that good. It would come off like a very special sitcom episode where we are all taught the lesson that body shaming is bad.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Because con-artists are the easiest people to con.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, it's the right move for the show right now but I'm hoping when live shows come back they still throw in some tv quality shows.

It also makes sense from a business perspective. If you don't need to send folks home happy at a live show and you're mostly dependent on TV right now you save all the good stuff for TV.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

StarkRavingMad posted:

update: they did not, in fact, have that

I think I say it every time I see CD, but I'm still amazed he's 50

He recently had a colonoscopy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Spears is turning into Matt Taven

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cody's southern fed

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pete!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They do some cool poo poo with the post camera

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh hey, I like this guy

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is cheesy and I kind of love it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Do you think they scrapped the idea for the trios belt?

Might be on hold until live shows come back.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is way better work for Brandi. She's not required to be an amazing wrestler and it leans into her personality. The nightmare collective was such a mistake.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Allie doing Dustin's moves killed me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That weird walk tickles some synapse in my brain

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Uhhhhhhhh that was gross

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I kind of appreciate that no one sold that as cool but were instead rightfully concerned.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sign these dudes because they deserve health insurance

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bucks lose

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The bucks gimmick is just bad friends

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Just the shittiest friends.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That is a gimmick. Yep. A lot exist and that is one of them

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I think the fashionista thing could work but Chanel just kind of looks slightly embarrassed by the whole thing

I feel like I'm just missing context. It probably works better in a format that isn't jobber in a match.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That poor jobber looked bad in that finishing sequence. Like her training was that someone explained what wrestling was.

I love the cart driving away.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The ref having to sadly help Luther out of his jacket

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I kind of appreciate that commentary doesn't fake it too much when something is bad.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The original death dealer Japanese death match legend Luther wears monogrammed Chuck Taylor's

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's doing the walk!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The heels are coming home. Nature's heeling.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I want 4 broken arms

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sorry PAC, death triangle is now DEATH PENTAGON

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I was wondering how Orange does a squash and yeah, just do his finisher kinda fits.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

They've been good!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I love that Avalon and Cutler get to have a lot of offense. Explicitly making their problem mental and teamwork is a cool way for them to be jobbers but still get cool spots

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CarlCX posted:

Was Chanel some kind of rib we're just not in on or something?

It looks like it's just her gimmick. I don't know a ton about her but a quick Google makes it look like shes pretty green. Maybe another QT student?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Davros1 posted:

It makes sense that OC, the "least effort" wrestler, just decides to hit his finisher at the beginning of the match to end it ASAP

I feel like this version of OC is officially a different gimmick than indies OC but they've done a very good job at making him a main event wrestler while sticking to the spirit of the gimmick.