Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Just watching Dark this morning, and I really like Shanna. She has a great look, her ring work is solid and expressive, she lays her strikes in. I really hope Nyla and Shanna get a big blow off match to this mini-feud with some time to show their stuff.

Also, Shawn Spears has good comedic timing and I feel like they’re gonna have to turn him face at some point and lean into that side of him more.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jan 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I haven’t seen a lot of Diamante, but I’m digging her style so far, kind of reminds me of how Ivelisse works.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I’m pretty happy that they permanently signed Taz. He’s good at this and works well with Excalibur. I can definitely live with him being the second voice for Dark/ whatever the second TV show ends up being.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Fun rear end match, Jurassic Express are coming up with a lot more team combo stuff

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Just remove all plans for Britt Baker on TV and replace with Shanna, I love her

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Shanna getting a pop for setting the table up right :3:

(edit): Nyla feels like she’s come a long way from where she was just a few months ago. Don’t know if it’s just her getting more comfortable or the way they are agenting the dark matches or coaches working with her but she seems a lot more self-assured in the ring.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 29, 2020

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh it’s not all from before, there is a boat match!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Cutler and Grayson kind of look alike, especially with Cutler busting out the face paint now.

He’s gonna make a great Dark Order member

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Davros1 posted:

JR getting upset at Tony and Excalibur excitedly discussing dice was great.

The best part was him calling them video games and Tony getting all indignant

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TV Zombie posted:

Sadie Gibbs went to the outside when Nyla was already out of the way?..oy. Kayfabe, is it possible to stop that if you see your opponent has moved out of the way?

Well, if I remember how the move goes, her back is to her opponent when she is doing the final flip over the ropes, so she wouldn't know if Nyla moved late in the move

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Riho, best babyface

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I love that Coward Tony didn’t intend to show this and so it was shot with some garbage hand cam and then the match was so well liked that he decided “gently caress it, throw it on Dark anyway”

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I guess I am saving too much judgment on Luther until I see him do something in the ring. Right now all I know is “sticks out tongue and points to head” a lot. If Japanese Deathmatch Legend actually does some deathmatch poo poo, I’ll be okay with him. gently caress it, put him up against Pentagon and give Penta some Vampiro flashbacks.

Mel just seems terrible. Which is a shame, I liked her look when the introduced her and shaved her head and all. But apparently she has been doing this for 12 years? And everything she’s done so far in AEW just looks bad.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Taz was a real good pick up to have for announcing the dark matches.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Nice match - a little sloppy at points and Riho winning was a foregone conclusion but still fun

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

oh but seriously I posted:

this is the most i have enjoyed havoc since the barrel match. probably helps having sonny in there. i do appreciate how he winds the arm before the whip

Havoc’s offense looks really crisp tonight and Kiss’ selling is a lot more consistent than it has been in the past. I think the classes with Dustin are helping him.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh JAPANESE DEATHMATCH LEGEND Luther gonna do a deathmatch with Havoc?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Please welcome to the ring: Local Talent

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
These women really hate each other’s hair

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

IcePhoenix posted:

Shida should have been the first champion instead of Riho imo

I don’t think she was available yet, she was still finishing stuff up in Japan. I’m sure she’s going to get a run with the belt, she’s great.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It still trips me out that the son of a famous actor decided to become a pro wrestler and is very good at it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Hahaha of course the goons attack him one at a time

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Honestly, I think it’s just whatever will push numbers for his podcast. Gotta sell those Omaha Steaks

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I love these neon idiots

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
the cheap heat for clobbering Orange Cassidy is great

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lid posted:

Jack Evans is the best Jack Evans

"Colt wanted to close out the interview with how Evans sleeps on airplanes. Evans said that he makes the seatbelt as big as possible and then getting on the floor and laying your head and stomach in the airplane seat. Evans claimed he has never been woken up, as long as his seat belt is on."

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I feel like Swole needs a more face theme. Like keep this one but put another melody part on top of it or something.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Thank you for explaining what a "collar and elbow tie up" means, Excalibur

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Akileese posted:

Excalibur and Tazz have really good chemistry. Not sure why it surprises me so much.

Tazz is way better on commentary when he's not forced in a heel role.

May have been the best match I've seen out of Swole in AEW. Feels like she's getting more comfortable.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
ahahahah at Excalibur stage-whispering "lay out"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I still love that QT has somehow been possessed by the spirit of a professional wrestler and is constantly amazed by it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Matt Lesnar

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That was a really fun Dark

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
That was an insane thing to have on Dark

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I missed non haunted Brandi

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This Jungle Kid is pretty good at the whole wrestling thing

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Ladies please, there’s enough Marko Stunt for both of you

Barely

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I love when Taz draws on the screen Madden style

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Hoo boy does this guy have local talent written all over him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

smarxist posted:

i can't get past this man's gold shoes

I can’t tell if it’s the shoes or how thick his legs are in comparison or if his feet are tiny but something is extremely disorienting