Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
this is a pizza preference safe space

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/26/business/papa-johns-schnatter-interview-trnd/index.html posted:

Papa John's founder John Schnatter ate 40 pizzas in 30 days and says it's gotten worse
By Allen Kim, CNN
Updated 2:14 AM EST, Wed November 27, 2019

(CNN) Cheaper ingredients. Worse pizza?

Papa John's founder and former CEO John Schnatter gave his first major interview since being ousted from the company, and it's safe to say he's not happy with the way things went down.

Schnatter, 58, gave the wide-ranging interview with Kentucky TV station WDRB where he criticized the pizza chain for everything from the quality of the pizza to its upper management.

"I've had over 40 pizzas in the last 30 days, and it's not the same pizza," Schnatter said of the company.

"It's not the same product. It just doesn't taste as good. The way they're making the pizza is just not fundamental to what makes a Papa John's pizza."

"This is all a farce"
Schnatter said in the interview that he was set up, calling the controversy that led to his resignation a "farce."

"I never dreamed that people that I cared about, that I loved, that I made multimillionaires, would do what they did," Schnatter said.

"I just didn't know it would happen from people on the inside doing this. I thought it would come from the outside." Schnatter said he believes that the company's board of directors "used the black community and race as a way to steal the company."

Papa John's did not immediately respond to a request from CNN.

A day of reckoning
Schnatter, who founded the company in 1984, believes it is now being mismanaged. He has sold most of his stock in the company and is no longer the largest individual shareholder.

"My metaphor is: There's no reason to be in the car when the car crashes even if you love the car," Schnatter said.

While he said that he currently has no interest in returning to the company, he believes that he would be welcomed back with open arms.

"If the management team was out, and I went back in, they'd be cheering," he said. "They'd be doing back flips. They'd be bouncing off the walls."

While Schnatter declined to reveal any more details, he had an ominous warning: "Stay tuned. The day of reckoning will come. The record will be straight."

Ouster from Papa John's

The backlash that led to Schnatter leaving the company began when he blamed declining sales on the NFL's handling of player protests during an analyst call in late 2017. Papa John's was the official pizza sponsor of the NFL at the time.

A white supremacist website named Papa John's the official pizza of the alt-right a day later.

Months after that, Schnatter was heard using a racial slur in audio from an internal diversity training meeting. It was taped in secret and leaked to Forbes.

Schnatter stepped down as CEO shortly after that audio leaked.

CNN's Tanika Gray and Chauncey Alcorn contributed to this story.

Schnatter ate 40 Papa John’s pizzas in 30 days and tries to justify saying friend of the family poorly so are we so sure that he isn’t a goon?

E: if anyone wants to use me, a member of some form of black community, to tear apart a company my rates are flexible but I will need half up front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bad pizza man had 40 pies

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Papa John should start his own competing pizza company and call it "Daddy Schnatter's" and get that sweet, sweet XFL endorsement deal.

I can't imagine a more fun afternoon than scarfing down a big doughy greaseball and watching some XFL. Maybe if we can bring back Surge we can also get that in the mix.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I'm not owned I continue to insist as I cram several slices of lovely pizza down my gullet slowly turning into a wretched garlic smelling grease goblin

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

do you think he spends time getting that forehead curl just right

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I bet he's just mad at the prospect of being unable to continue to afford his mega mansion or to find someone to buy it

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Oh no, now he only has all the free time anyone could ever want, hundreds of millions of dollars and lives in god drat Wayne Manor:

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost
I wonder what cocktail of prescription drugs it took to get him that delusional, animated and sweaty? Maybe speed, since if I ate 40 poo poo-tier pizzas in 30 days I'd look like Jabba the Hut. Hopefully there's some opiates in the mix so he can die straining on the can like Elvis.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

Oh no, now he only has all the free time anyone could ever want, hundreds of millions of dollars and lives in god drat Wayne Manor:

i have a feeling that pond is now full of algae and dead fish and the whole place smells really bad

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Wasn't expecting the Suth'n accent. By looks alone (plus the pizza connection) I always assumed he'd be a Ey! Big-time Italian American ova heah! kinda guy.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

I imagine he probably meant that he sampled 40 pizzas (from different Papa John's locations) to be able to justify saying he had a body of evidence that quality went downhill after he was ousted, OP.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

I imagine he probably meant that he sampled 40 pizzas (from different Papa John's locations) to be able to justify saying he had a body of evidence that quality went downhill after he was ousted, OP.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

That’s as many as four tens. And that’s terrible.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Papa Jawn, please don't eat that salty pizza. Your blood pressure, man. Come on, dude.

He was set up, a marked man. They put the scarlet 'R' on him like many others during the period of 16 -18.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

and i would like to know if any of you have any pics of papa john pooping a pizza while he looks nervous or embarrassed i just want to see it for a few laughs haha. another thing i am wondering is what do you think the pizzas smell like haha im just curious for laughs haha i would like to smell them

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Da papa strikes again

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

After this I fear for BigMastodon's legacy. :(

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Remember when he said that if he wanted to give his employees health insurance it would cost 17 cents more per pizza and he actually thought people would be on his side on that injustice

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Eat Fresh MotherfuckEr

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Calling it now; "day of reckoning" will be when he doubles-down on his behavior and opens a rival chain called "Pizza N-Word"

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm gonna say something lovely about Papa John's pizza but I don't have one by my house so I can't remember ever trying it. The best pizza is a small place that only has one location that none of you uncultured plebs have ever heard of so I won't even bother telling you where it is!!!

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1017957526795640837

Reminder that this whole stupid chain of events was because of a conference call where papa John was all "well colonial sanders got to say it but he didn't get in trouble :qq:"

Dignity Van Houten fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 27, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Look, it's been almost 18 hours and I think I'm legit in trouble...you gotta find me a pizza, man

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
This keeps playing in my head.
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1199186954883141637?s=20

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Imagine how nasty your poop gets from eating just pizza. No way you getting enough fibre from a pizza to poo poo cleanly

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

he looks like he went for plastic surgery but instead ended up in the kid's section at Kohl's and filled his face with Play-Doh

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

People who worked at Papa John's corporate when he was in charge would get fired if he caught them eating a non-Papa John's pizza

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

People who worked at Papa John's corporate when he was in charge would get fired if he caught them eating a non-Papa John's pizza

I heard jimmy johns makes you sign a non compete agreement for its delivery drivers lmfao

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I heard jimmy johns makes you sign a non compete agreement for its delivery drivers lmfao

That's just to prevent you from using the highly-developed trade secrets you learn of using a car to drive a sandwich around for the benefit of a competitor. Perfectly normal.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
there is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a pizza binge

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

does he wipe 40 pizzas on his face before interviews? what a greasy turd

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

To be fair, who among us really hasn’t been pressured into saying racist stuff?

Marty Crane
Oct 16, 2012
I can't remember who made the thread, but somebody made a joke about how Papa John was hospitalized for a suicide attempt, and when asked why he did it he just replied, 'My life is in pizzas.'

Like, whoever made that thread and joke, please reveal yourself because I use that joke everywhere. This joke has cost me several friendships and a relationship.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Imagine being so empty headed and thirsty for soulless management work you lust so completely to return to running that poo poo house of a company. My man you have hundreds of millions of dollars and you want to work a corporate management gig? Jesus wept the rich should be killed

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Goodpancakes posted:

Imagine being so empty headed and thirsty for soulless management work you lust so completely to return to running that poo poo house of a company. My man you have hundreds of millions of dollars and you want to work a corporate management gig? Jesus wept the rich should be killed

Seems like this guy is doing it himself, but slower and greasier.

God that man must shimmer in daylight

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
This is some n word pizza ! -Baseball Joe “Papa John”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Do the Right Thing is a documentary - Papa “the godfather” John