Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

hell astro course posted:

I too hope they destroy the hetch hetchy resevoir and san francisco goes without water... I didn't see the movie

You got the gist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I saw this movie for children last night with my wife and did not enjoy it at all. The plot is literally just "we have to go to this new place because I heard a voice" and stuff happens to the characters, they don't actually drive the plot at all. None of the songs are very catchy and the whole movie is kind of oddly depressing and flat. There are no stakes at all, nobody ever faces real danger or consequences, and Anna and Kristoff basically turn into 90s sitcom characters for like half the movie.

There's nothing deeper in the movie than "Hey, our ancestors were pretty lovely to people and used their own fear to justify their awful actions. We need to address this." That's been presented in better Disney movies and in this movie it barely merits a shrug and then everybody is suddenly cool with each other.

Again, this is a movie for children but I'm able to enjoy lots of movies for children. The trailer for "Soul" was only like 30 seconds long and was more entertaining than this movie.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

I saw this movie for children last night with my wife and did not enjoy it at all. The plot is literally just "we have to go to this new place because I heard a voice" and stuff happens to the characters, they don't actually drive the plot at all. None of the songs are very catchy and the whole movie is kind of oddly depressing and flat. There are no stakes at all, nobody ever faces real danger or consequences, and Anna and Kristoff basically turn into 90s sitcom characters for like half the movie.

There's nothing deeper in the movie than "Hey, our ancestors were pretty lovely to people and used their own fear to justify their awful actions. We need to address this." That's been presented in better Disney movies and in this movie it barely merits a shrug and then everybody is suddenly cool with each other.

Again, this is a movie for children but I'm able to enjoy lots of movies for children. The trailer for "Soul" was only like 30 seconds long and was more entertaining than this movie.

Best part about Soul

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (Nine Inch Nails) are doing the soundtrack

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I get to see frozen II for a second time for works Christmas party.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Edgar posted:

I get to see frozen II for a second time for works Christmas party.

Make sure to comment loudly on how much the movie sucks through the whole thing.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

Applewhite posted:

Make sure to comment loudly on how much the movie sucks through the whole thing.

I have a feeling the movie will speak for me quite clearly.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Edgar posted:

I have a feeling the movie will speak for me quite clearly.

If the braying laughter and hooting of the rest of the audience when I went to watch was anything to go on, you might be in for a bit of a wake up call regarding the sophistication of your fellow cinemagoers.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I watched the first Frozen after I smuggled in and drank a bottle of rum during the movie and thought the film was really powerful. I was somewhat intoxicated by the end.

I have a small child now and I look forward to watching Frozen 2 sober. Hopefully its still powerful l.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Thesaurus posted:

I watched the first Frozen after I smuggled in and drank a bottle of rum during the movie and thought the film was really powerful. I was somewhat intoxicated by the end.

I have a small child now and I look forward to watching Frozen 2 sober. Hopefully its still powerful l.

Drop some LSD before the movie starts and it should be pretty powerful.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Thesaurus posted:

I recommend eating some edibles before going to Frozen 2 and also most other movies.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, I took my kids yesterday and really thought it was a convoluted mess. I did laugh when I heard conservatives are concerned about the "progressive" plot.

The only part I halfway enjoyed was when Kristoff sang an 80s ballad and it looked like a cheesy video from that era. I couldn't tell if it was meant in earnest or not.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Thesaurus posted:

You get drunk and sneak into children's movies? Yeah I guess I don't have a moral high ground I snuck in a hella booze when I saw TFA :shrug:

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Thesaurus posted:

Lmao do you usually smuggle in booze to children's movies? No judgement, that's kind of awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

Frank Frank posted:

Star Wars TLJ was loving garbage and I'd be sad that I wasted money on it except the kids *really* wanted to see it. I could list out the problems with the movie but none of you want to hear it and the whole film is dumb pandering toy-selling garbage that barely passes the bar for what constitutes a movie, let alone one I'd intentially pay to see in a theater.

I am mad at Star Wars TLJ.

Calm down with the misogyny