Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Butcher of The Blade
This poll is closed.
The Butcher 25 26.04%
The Blade 9 9.38%
Allie 62 64.58%
Total: 96 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Butcher kinda looks like Dr Mindbender from GI Joe and I'm into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

heel turn posted:

Janela is at the GCW show tonight and just accepted Mox's challenge for Dynamite next week

Did Omega smash his head into that chair so hard he forgot the first time?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tony probably would have really helped out a lot with the show.

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1199888867475836928

Skip to 1:35ish

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we all forgot this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FgjFeeGBVs

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

tony probably would have really helped out a lot with the show.

At the very least he could've jumped in when JR realised he said something racist/sexist and started to flail.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
He tried to cover it up right away but there wasn't any context where Jim Ross saying "Freddie Mercury has never looked more Oriental/Asian/Female" was a good idea, and I'm sure Goldenboy is still doing esports stuff but they should pay him more to do their gig full time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Do an angle where he smashes a bottle of it over Amell's head for heat.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Lots of production miscues and oddly placed commercials tonight. I like where aew is going with lots of stuff but for example the weird debut of burger and blade and potential early turn of mjf just feel off. Still I have faith in them, they are building depth and storylines.

All the constant run ins make sense, especially for an ultimate war games build. Someone in the dynamite thread made the point that it seems every segment ends awkwardly or in a run in, then awkwardly, which I'd agree with

Fun show though, I enjoyed it.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i think the bunny should have come out of the hole first. and then her and the blade? lift up the butcher and bust cody's butt

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

looking forward to half the thread making fun of Butcher & Blade until they get a vignette then everyone trips all over themselves to say how great they are, just like they did with Dark Order

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Lone Goat posted:

looking forward to half the thread making fun of Butcher & Blade until they get a vignette then everyone trips all over themselves to say how great they are, just like they did with Dark Order

yeah, people tend to like well done segments more. weird

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Lone Goat posted:

Yes, people can change their minds; it's great!

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

TheKingslayer posted:

Butcher kinda looks like Dr Mindbender from GI Joe and I'm into that.

He also looks like me if I suddenly aged ten years and I feel weird about it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I'm sure Blade and Butcher will be cool, I just think it was kind of an awkward debut for the guys.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

He also looks like me if I suddenly aged ten years and I feel weird about it.

Solution: #JoinTheDarkOrder

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lone Goat posted:

As someone who was familiar with the Dark Order pre-AEW and was optimistic on them from the start, and as someone who thinks this thread/forum has a habit of getting all echo chambery/rushed into a mindset... I don't think its really all that strange or unfair that people don't just immediately care about every wrestler/act in the company when the company hasn't done the job of convincing them yet, nor that they then care once the company does.

People are confused and uncertain on BBB because they showed up without any context. When AEW gives context minds will probably be changed.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I loved this episode y'all are crazy.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

STAC Goat posted:

When AEW gives context minds will probably be changed.

yes and i look forward to it!!!!!!!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

But what's this "there might not be another ppv" thing in the op?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i think the bunny should have come out of the hole first. and then her and the blade? lift up the butcher and bust cody's butt

yeah, that was my take away from that segment as well, Allie comes out of the :yowie: hole, Excalibur goes "well, Allie sure looks different from the last time we saw her getting scalped by Awesome Kong" and then Butcher and Blade come up and wreck house and the a to b have a more clear cause to effect.

Davros1 posted:

Solution: #JoinTheDarkOrder

That hashtag is #JoinDarkOrder.
Real members of the Dark Order would know that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
edit: normally I'm so good at not loving up and double posting.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Rhonne posted:

I'm sure Blade and Butcher will be cool, I just think it was kind of an awkward debut for the guys.

I don't see them interacting with Cody again, and he's fresh off the Wardlow debut that was also confusing for the audience. Jurassic Express probably could have used the squash match to help their record instead, plus it's tag debuting against tag that way. But I guess then it's too many spooky boys picking on the dinosaurs at once.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's still a better show than anything WWE can hope to produce but I don't think it should be that much of a shock to hear that some people weren't totally enthralled by this episode. The audio problems kinda took me out of the opening segment, and it felt like it might have ran long which rippled through the rest of the show? Obviously I don't know for sure but it felt like there were lots of awkward endings to segments and some of the matches.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

It’s not just the lack of context. Excalibur repeating their names while JR tried to figure out if he was supposed to know who they were was brutal.

Bad way to introduce them, but not shockmaster or something that can’t be recovered from

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

It didn't feel as smoothly structured to me. Usually their shows run start to finish feeling like everything is flowing smoothly from one segment to the other but this felt more like a series of individual things happening (big exception being Inner Circle getting taken out ahead of the title match) with significantly more downtime than I'm used to seeing between matches.

This is the only complaint I will accept about this show it did feel a little disjointed and that it was merely pretty great.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

karmicknight posted:

That hashtag is #JoinDarkOrder.
Real members of the Dark Order would know that.

I was testing you.
Congratulations, you passed!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this has nothing to do with anything going on right now in AEW but it does feature shawn spears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXwhpTqoeSo

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I really liked it (maybe my favorite women’s match so far, I love Kris Stat), but I think the first segment went long and that threw everything just a bit off.

Anyway it was fun and I’m looking forward to next week.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Kris Statlander is comfortably the best woman not named Riho to wrestle for AEW. Sign her and strap a rocket to her

edit: Oh maybe they did the first part

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1199895043580071936

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 28, 2019

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

Nah because I didn't forget that their matches are lame.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

just remember, people didn't like alex marvez all that much at first and.... oh

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok so the internet ate my big post so I guess I'll do a summary.

~ Put me on the 'Who are the Butcher and the Blade?' fan club. I hope these two show me something because I'm opening on them ice-cold.
~ The MJF/Page match really made me think that AEW is trying to hide the fact that MJF can't hang with the other main-eventers in the ring.
~ Why does Page go into a coma every time somebody not involved in the match breathes on him?
~ I found Swole vs Shanna way sloppier than the women's tag match tonight. Statlander is becoming my favorite of the new signees.

I agree that the ep felt very oddly paced, and am wondering if half the things that were in this ep are going anywhere. But still, super entertaining episode that made me happy to be a wrestling fan.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ted Irvine getting cheap heat warmed my soul :3:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
lol if you're never been a slave to the judas in your mind. just lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

because of people frigging around last time and trying to ruin the event with spoilers or scoops, nearly everything about the formula has been altered. You can expect the same moving forward. Please don't allow this issue to dissuade you from competing to become the top AEW poster of the week. here are this week's top five aew posters. For the worst episode of aew television so far.

1. Drew McIntyre
2. oh but seriously I
3. Prokhor Zakharov
4. karmicknight
5. JUNGLE BOY

please don't get mad about the formula's results. it's a good one and the details will be kept private as i hope to monetize the system in the future. congratulations to the posters.

good to see the new formula is as broken as the old one. #1 AEW fan this week was SA's NienNunb

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1199895043580071936?s=20

Kris coming for Shida

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Statlander was definitely the breakout star of the episode, I think. She's another stark improvement and interesting add to the division.

Trent also got another really big pinfall and that could be big for him and Best Friends.

Pac/Omega and Page/MJF felt.. i dunno. I don't expect Page to fall out of the picture and it feels like PAC/Omega should head to another match like Page/PAC did so... I'm not sure it felt like anything changed. Besides MJF getting a ring and some more momentum, which is good.

Scorpio looked great in the main but I feel like the end of the match really deflated things. Scorpio and SCU should be fine but I don't think that match will have the same affect for him as things did for Allin. He ended up feeling like an afterthought.

BBB I'll just wait and see. I've never enjoyed Blade/Braxton/Pepper, but hey, sometimes you get the right gimmick and it clicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I need a 30 for 30 covering how we got from Kris Stat reportedly being signed to NXT to showing up on Dynamite and cutting a promo on the #1 contender.

I also agree with whoever said in the GDT (Cavauro?) that they need to chill with the ad hoc tag team matches for the women and just do multi woman singles matches if they absolutely aren’t going to to do 1 on 1.