Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Bronze Fonz posted:

This is the moment where every year I'm reminded that you guys eat turkey, have awkward conversations with family members you won't see until next year and revision the history behind your holiday.

:canada:

Looking forward to christmas where I'll eat turkey through awkward conversations with family members I won't see until next year over a holiday whose history we don't care about.

I'll have you know, we 100% don't care about the history of any holiday. The only thing we care about is traditions. Personal family traditions. Those kids better be sitting at their OWN God drat table or so help me...

*opens up 6th beer*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
What if I'm gonna spend a couple hours with my mom then go to work tonight, op?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Skypie posted:

What if I'm gonna spend a couple hours with my mom then go to work tonight, op?

:3:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I’m grading quizzes but that doesn’t count because I’m having some wine

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Burt Sexual posted:

I carry my cellphone w a vpn for work email. I work 24x7x365

Same just so I can post and drive.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

All of my clients want me to work today. What amazes me is that they're working today. And if they are, then so am I. I guess.

I shop black friday sales but only if they open near normal business hours (like not midnight). If your store opens on thanksgiving, I stop shopping there until January 2nd because I'd rather give my holiday bucks to places that let their employees have a rest.

Stupid Post Maker
Jan 8, 2008
Technically not working today but I'm sitting in a hotel room on the opposite side of the country because of work

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Ziv Zulander posted:

I’m part of the night crew at work, so I get to wake up early and have a thoroughly sober dinner with the family, then drag my rear end in for the usual 10p to 6a

:toot:

Same. My Thanksgiving consists of working the night before, barely sleeping, not drinking, then going back to feeding the drunks and stoner teenagers of my town. Oh I also don't get holiday pay.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Bronze Fonz posted:

This is the moment where every year I'm reminded that you guys eat turkey, have awkward conversations with family members you won't see until next year and revision the history behind your holiday.

:canada:

Looking forward to christmas where I'll eat turkey through awkward conversations with family members I won't see until next year over a holiday whose history we don't care about.

Why do you guys have your Thanksgiving in October?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Why do you guys have your Thanksgiving in October?

Because november is way too cold to really enjoy a day off.
We don't celebrate it beyond enjoying a day off/long weekend though.
If I'm not working it's a nice excuse for a wake and bake... gently caress I guess I do celebrate thanksgiving then.

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Stupid Post Maker posted:

Technically not working today but I'm sitting in a hotel room on the opposite side of the country because of work

Sorry man. That is a rough life after a year or so. I was just offered a sales position at much more money, but it is mostly travel. I wouldn't do that for any price with a family at home. I was miserable.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
im at work getting time and a half. got a free holiday meal from the hospital cafeteria too!! leaving at 3pm so nbd.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
i got the whole drat week off hell yeah. hopefully i make rent next month

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Had to work every thanksgiving for the past several years.

It was worth it though because I got x2.5 pay.

Thank god for union work. :911:

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

OxySnake posted:

Had to work every thanksgiving for the past several years.

It was worth it though because I got x2.5 pay.

Thank god for union work. :911:

Ya I got my 2.5x last night. It's p sweet but still gotta go in tonight at 530

Probs only gonna be at this job for a couple more weeks tho

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Going to pick up some vodka on the way home

Thats not good but oh well

This is a hard time of year to be a fuckup

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I don't have to work, but I am because I have nothing else.

Oh, except my order of Chinese from Uber Eats

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
I'm going to have to log in and update Thanksgiving/black friday sales reports, but I don't think that actually counts.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

No. 6 posted:

I don't have to work, but I am because I have nothing else.

Oh, except my order of Chinese from Uber Eats

Enjoy No 6
Ive seen you around a long time
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I'm going to be with my mother

We dislike each other, its v sad and depressing

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Every day I'm thankful I don't work retail anymore. Be safe, my retail brothers and sisters.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Spins posted:

Disappointed parents, lovely job, estranged siblings, grandparents all dead as of this year. Thanksgiving to Jan 1 is pretty much the worst imo.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I work cause we don't celebrate your heathen southerner ways ok

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

my wife has to work while I am stuck with my in-laws

So I took us all to the beach for mojitos and fried Caribbean delicacies. Sorry honey! :shrug:

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down

Mental Hospitality posted:

Disappointed parents, lovely job, estranged siblings, grandparents all dead as of this year. Thanksgiving to Jan 1 is pretty much the worst imo.

consider this: cranberries

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

oh dear I’m so sorry you all have to work thanksgiving

*goes through checkout with one package of butter*

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
Wanna thank the person ITT who really helped me untighten my lugnuts at the Paradise Massage earlier this morning... my balls felt like a pair of maracas beforehand.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I hope you guys have a mellow, well compensated day.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Everyone with actual power took today off so I'm mostly just hanging out in the cloakroom watching Columbo on my phone.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I work in the NOC for a huge retailer who ironically is closed today. 12 hours. 7am to 7pm. No extra holiday pay. Yay me.

I get to work Christmas too.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Everyone with actual power took today off so I'm mostly just hanging out in the cloakroom watching Columbo on my phone.

A thanksgiving Columbo marathon is actually a really really good idea.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just got done with a ten hour shift and am back at my motel room so I can get up and do it again tomorrow, and the day after that... and every day til at least Tuesday.

I’m very tired and need a day off. gently caress.

E:also holy poo poo there is nothing more depressing than a motel room by yourself, it’s just grim.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I ain't gonna do a goddamn thing tonight except take maintenance calls. Otherwise I'm just gonna gently caress around on my phone and/or YouTube.

I gotta work a double tomorrow too :negative:

DamagedGoods
Jan 17, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I'm no longer in retail, but I did it for 17 years. gently caress being open on loving Thanksgiving.

Agreed. I lasted 3 days.

DamagedGoods
Jan 17, 2012

Spins posted:

Story of my life. Hope you feel better. I always do after some booze. It's the time in between that is uncomfortable. Just don't get in the car and drive after. That's a bad idea, trust me on this.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Worked earlier today, work Christmas Eve and Day, work New Year's Eve and Day. No extra pay.

Luckily there's beer in the fridge.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I managed to remain sober all day, mostly because I was hung over from last night.

Goodbye Thanksgiving 2019. Rest in piss.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Posting from work, not retail though thank God.
(The 2.5x pay for today and tomorrow on the next check will be nice though.)

Two more hours then I'll be home and opening a new bottle of El Dorado.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I'm at work but I live in a country that doesn't have thanksgiving, although our ancestors were the ones that gave it to you lot in the first place. Enjoy your bloody turkey.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
f*ck thank*giving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Thank you thanksgiving 2019 for enabling me to get crossfaded alone tonight. Now I go back to work in the morning. gently caress my life.