Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I’ve been having king of similar issue, I guess. I’m a bi guy in a relationship with a woman.
We’re in our twenties, we live together, and we’ve had sex three times in the last four months.

I think she’s semi-asexual or sex-repulsed. She has a lot of trauma from bad past partners and doctors who treated her awfully. It’s something I have a lot of sympathy for, but also... I have a partner who just doesn’t want to have sex with me. We don’t even deep kiss anymore, it makes her uncomfortable.

I’ve talked to her about an open relationship, or an open relationship where I only have sex with guys; and she hates the idea.

She is in therapy and she’s working on the issue but I don’t have a lot of faith it’ll get better, and even if it does, it could be years.

I'm gonna be the rear end in a top hat to say :sever:, you two sound like you'd be better friends than partners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I'm gonna be the rear end in a top hat to say :sever:, you two sound like you'd be better friends than partners

Yeah I agree this. It sucks but having compatible sex drives is important in a relationship.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I’ve been having king of similar issue, I guess. I’m a bi guy in a relationship with a woman.
We’re in our twenties, we live together, and we’ve had sex three times in the last four months.

I think she’s semi-asexual or sex-repulsed. She has a lot of trauma from bad past partners and doctors who treated her awfully. It’s something I have a lot of sympathy for, but also... I have a partner who just doesn’t want to have sex with me. We don’t even deep kiss anymore, it makes her uncomfortable.

I’ve talked to her about an open relationship, or an open relationship where I only have sex with guys; and she hates the idea.

She is in therapy and she’s working on the issue but I don’t have a lot of faith it’ll get better, and even if it does, it could be years.

My ex and I had our relationship fall almost directly into this. I think we would have ended up getting really resentful toward one another if she didn't land a dream job a few states away. It gave us the opportunity and clarity to realize that we would be better friends and to call it there with no hard feelings. I'm with everyone saying sever and try to lean towards friendship, don't let a relationship with a good person become spiteful.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i would also agree. to sever. i would stress that you am still their friend/love them/whatever emotional assurances you sincerely need to make and are not just platitudes, and that you are happy to help how or when you can with their recovery, but that you are clearly not a fit because she is incapable of providing you the support that YOU need. your support and love are not conditional on hers, but her restriction on allowing you to find that support elsewhere and that being so firm on her side is the straw breaking the camels back, not her problems on their own. hopefully this is gentle enough, for her and you. thank you for reading.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm not going to straight out say sever but yeah, that's the sort of thing where you need to sit down, figure out your priorities in a relationship, and make a decision from there. It is ok and normal for compatible sex drives to be a high priority in a relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if the end of that is :sever:.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Thank you all so much for your advice and your validation, it means a lot.

I’ve thought about ending things a lot. Right now, I am going to hold out hope for sex therapy - which my girlfriend is very enthusiastic about. I don’t know if it’ll work, but it’s our best chance at figuring out a way for sex to work between us, and maybe with a mediator’s help she’ll feel more comfortable with opening things up as well.

We were actually planning to do that this summer, but then a pandemic happened and I can’t find work and, well... you know.

It’s a long shot, maybe, but I really love her and I’ve never felt more emotionally supported by anyone in my life. She’s also the only person I’ve ever wanted to have children with, which I never thought I’d want.

It’s an awful, awful situation, but I think it’s worth trying this one last resort. She’s really special.

In brighter news, I finally talked to my psych about anti-anxiety meds and I am now on Klonopin and Buspiron, which will hopefully help things!

e: as thanks, here is a picture of our very homosexual cats

Pinstripe Hourglass fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 18, 2020

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I broke up with a chick because her sex drive was higher than mine, great gal but to hell with keeping up with that. I was just as miserable as she was about it. Now that I've settled into a LTR with really compatible drives I've always felt really vindicated in that decision.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

hey. this is a horrid time for wrestling and the world and seeing sexual harassment and assault everywhere has been really distressing.

but in light of that I wanted to say thanks again to you all for supporting me the other day. it made me feel really cared for at a time when I feel like I’m being torn apart.

you guys rule and I love queer people so much

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Hi Everyone, Im Bigred0427. Im a life long wrestling fan who has been on a few year hiatus and Im just now dipping my toe back in with AEW. I use to post here a lot back in the day and am hoping to have fun here again.

Oh i am also 33 years old and am bisexual and a trans women.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

BigRed0427 posted:

Hi Everyone, Im Bigred0427. Im a life long wrestling fan who has been on a few year hiatus and Im just now dipping my toe back in with AEW. I use to post here a lot back in the day and am hoping to have fun here again.

Welcome!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

Welcome to the party

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Lots of people took a hiatus till AEW, poo poo was getting DIRE for awhile there

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Lots of people took a hiatus till AEW, poo poo was getting DIRE for awhile there

Who would of thought the point WWE started taking in all these major Indy stars from the 2000-2010s is when they would start falling apart.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

if say they've been going down since 2003 but in retrospect a lot of wwe has been trash. I love it but it ages like cheese on a louisiana summer day

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Shard posted:

if say they've been going down since 2003 but in retrospect a lot of wwe has been trash. I love it but it ages like cheese on a louisiana summer day

Its just been a steady downward march into the dumpster ever since like 2001, it's kind of amazing in a train wreck sort of way

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

BigRed0427 posted:

Welcome! I'm new to wrestling and only got into it because AEW seems fun.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wwtbQXTugo

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

It's been an honour shitposting about wrassles with you wonderful gays

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Do not go gently into that good night, sweet goons :patriot:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I made a specific thread to discuss the Lowtax situation and what might happen to Fight Island.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

There aren't too many threads (either here or on twitter) that i can stand for long, but this has been one of the good ones and i was glad to have accidentally found it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Wrestling and silently this forum as a whole were large parts of figuring out my sexuality. I may have logged off in the last few years but I’m genuinely bummed. It’s been real.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This has been an extremely good thread, I hope it can continue for many years into the future. If it can't, that's ok too, I think it's done a lot of good and had some stellar discussion, but nothing lasts forever. Guess we'll see what the future holds.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

August is my birthday and if I can be sober for that, I know I've done it.

Mate, taking time off from alcohol, (or whatever else you wish to abstain from), is a good thing, and I wish you well for your sober month and a bit. Also happy birthday!

I personally like to do a Dry July, or Octsober at least once a year because 1)it's good for the body and soul, and also 2) to prove to myself that I can.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

BrigadierSensible posted:

Mate, taking time off from alcohol, (or whatever else you wish to abstain from), is a good thing, and I wish you well for your sober month and a bit. Also happy birthday!

I personally like to do a Dry July, or Octsober at least once a year because 1)it's good for the body and soul, and also 2) to prove to myself that I can.

A month sounds like a lot right now, but that’s an awesome idea. I’m still at the point of feeling some small measure of happiness in having talked myself out of exposure to the outside world just to get alcohol tonight.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

https://twitter.com/thekingnickgage/status/1280576548173688832

MDK

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MDK all loving day

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm glad you're here <3

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MDK 24/7 all day erry day

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

MDK someone drawing Nick Gage smashing JKR with a light tube on a post-it note all day erry

https://twitter.com/AirBuddDwyer/status/1280580220282601473

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I showed this to my girlfriend and she knows nothing about Nick Gage and I gave her like no context so there was a while at the beginning where she was trying to guess which way he was going to go.

Now she's down, MDK all fuckin day.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

long live the fuckin king

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

catching up on the NJ Cup, and yoshi-hashi in his match against evil is basically me going to my electrolysis appointments

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Nick Gage seems like the nicest person I'd ever be too intimidated to hang out with.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
We got Tegan Nox :toot:

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

http://twitter.com/glamfrancis/status/1282069250438500353

look at me, I’m a gay caballero

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

yet another step forward for The Gay Community!?!?!?!?!

that shirt is rad as hell

Also yall Sonny Kiss is gonna be on full Dynamite this wed, I'm unbelievably hyped

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

yet another step forward for The Gay Community!?!?!?!?!

that shirt is rad as hell

Also yall Sonny Kiss is gonna be on full Dynamite this wed, I'm unbelievably hyped

Challenging for the TNT Title no less.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just found out that Naya Rivera died. Santana Lopez was always one of my gay icons, this sucks :smith:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cody's gonna' make Sonny look like a million bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I kinda want cody to look at all the poo poo online and say gently caress it Sonnys going over.