Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It's baaaaaaaaaaaack...

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1300098737931530241

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Happy Trans Day of Visibility, queer thread!

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Happy Trans Day of Visibility, queer thread!

You too

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I found myself blissfully pain free for the first time in months, if not years, so I spent all day cleaning my room, which included tracking down and donating every stitch of clothing from my old life to charity, including both I wore at my Weddings to my ex-wife.

I've never felt like this before. It's so uplifting to get rid of all of that stuff. But I'm a deeply sentimental person and those are the clothes I wore when I fell in love. When I met great friends. When I went to film school. The dress shirts and ties I wore as I managed dilapidated old movie houses. Many of the flannels I've been wearing since I was a teenager.

I'm so happy I don't have to see them ever again, but I'm still really sad.

I suppose what I'm feeleing is grief. He died so I could live, and wording it that way just now has caused my eyes to leak.
I was re-reading the thread just now after getting a nice DM after I bumped it and saw this post of mine and I actually recently made a video about this day, if anybody's interested.

It was super cathartic and I mostly made it for me, but maybe some of y'all will enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNr4PaNJSA8

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I was re-reading the thread just now after getting a nice DM after I bumped it and saw this post of mine and I actually recently made a video about this day, if anybody's interested.

It was super cathartic and I mostly made it for me, but maybe some of y'all will enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNr4PaNJSA8

wholesome content!!

I may have a vaccination date which means I can go do stuff soon!! Hopefully. Maybe.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

wholesome content!!

I may have a vaccination date which means I can go do stuff soon!! Hopefully. Maybe.
WOOOOOOOOO! Nice!

I got my first on Monday and Washington State is opening the pool up to everybody 15 and up so it's lookin' like we're gonna' have a real Pride this year!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

https://twitter.com/SofaJustice/status/1380323705654415361?s=20

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Congrats! Hoping for a swift recovery for ya

Also Mike Parrow debuted at NWA after marrying his otter

https://twitter.com/Parrow_/status/1054386347400708096

Behold:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Horray for everyone!

I can't wait to see what nonsense happens during Parrow's segment of Gay Brunch tomorrow... :allears:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Pinwiz11 posted:

Horray for everyone!

I can't wait to see what nonsense happens during Parrow's segment of Gay Brunch tomorrow... :allears:

I wanna see the bear king hurl twinks around real bad bud

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Pinwiz11 posted:

Horray for everyone!

i dont think parrow is booked for the Big Greg Brunch

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Congrats!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

We're putting in a counter-offer on a house we're trying to buy across the country so we can move back closer to friends and family and my insides are freaking out. It was already stressful buying one house across the country, now we're selling that house and trying to buy another. AAAAHHHH

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Ganso Bomb posted:

We're putting in a counter-offer on a house we're trying to buy across the country so we can move back closer to friends and family and my insides are freaking out. It was already stressful buying one house across the country, now we're selling that house and trying to buy another. AAAAHHHH

:respek:

I move into my Condo in 10 days but the whole scale of everything that's about to happen decided to freak me the gently caress out Wednesday evening.

And on top of that, my Parents are coming up to visit the day after the move which is cool but also aaaaaaaaaaaaa. They would have been here over the Parade weekend but that's been delayed until October.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

buying a house right now seems like the most stressful thing on earth, goonspeed and I hope you smoke whoever bids against you

in other news just found out a new queer brewery opened up near us AND it's bdsm themed AND it's in a fairly conservative area, it sounds like a special kind of heaven for me and I'm going this weekend and gonna have a great time

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

buying a house right now seems like the most stressful thing on earth, goonspeed and I hope you smoke whoever bids against you

in other news just found out a new queer brewery opened up near us AND it's bdsm themed AND it's in a fairly conservative area, it sounds like a special kind of heaven for me and I'm going this weekend and gonna have a great time

Please tell me this is somewhere in the Rocky Mountain Region.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

LionYeti posted:

Please tell me this is somewhere in the Rocky Mountain Region.

No but are you in the Denver area?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Knowing you you're half excited for a haven and half excited to kick the asses of anyone who shows up to start poo poo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Shard posted:

Knowing you you're half excited for a haven and half excited to kick the asses of anyone who shows up to start poo poo

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pinwiz11 posted:

:respek:

I move into my Condo in 10 days but the whole scale of everything that's about to happen decided to freak me the gently caress out Wednesday evening.

And on top of that, my Parents are coming up to visit the day after the move which is cool but also aaaaaaaaaaaaa. They would have been here over the Parade weekend but that's been delayed until October.

OOF, that's some timing on a parent visit. On one hand, nice to have some help and comfort when moving in but that's a lot to juggle all at once. Good luck with the move!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

We found out last night that our counter offer was accepted and we're officially under contract! Assuming nothing abnormal comes up with the inspection (and we're not expecting anything) then we should be set to move into 100-year-old home built on a former burying yard. Poltergeist, here we come!

We're moving from Austin to a small mountain town so I'm jealous of the queer friendly stuff around you! Haven't been able to enjoy any of that for the past year and now we're packing up and shipping out.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

No but are you in the Denver area?

Yeah live in south Denver mid 30s queer dude.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

LionYeti posted:

Yeah live in south Denver mid 30s queer dude.

I've only been to Denver once but I have fond memories of The Triangle and getting a lap dance from an otter at Boyztown. Boyztown was especially fun although they did allow bachelorette parties so be warned that there may be stray hets wandering about unsupervised.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I've been giving it more thought and I'm pretty sure I'm pan. I won't lie I'm not as up on the lingo these days because I'm an oldie but if it means attracted to people dependent on personality and physical preferences, regardless of gender, gender identity or anything else than yeah. That's me.

Hope this isn't weird to say - just figured this place be as safe as anywhere to announce it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The sorta standard definition is pretty much up for both, cis or trans, everything goes. There's a lot of weird discourse around it vs bi, but it's meaningful enough as it's own thing to make it clear.

Also I've stalked this thread since single digits, but also big dumb enby/trans person that likes the 619 here.

And also Eddie was way hotter with the mullet than the short spiky hair.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Shard posted:

So I've been giving it more thought and I'm pretty sure I'm pan. I won't lie I'm not as up on the lingo these days because I'm an oldie but if it means attracted to people dependent on personality and physical preferences, regardless of gender, gender identity or anything else than yeah. That's me.

Hope this isn't weird to say - just figured this place be as safe as anywhere to announce it.

Bi means the same thing so it's basically down to if you feel strongly about one term or the other for whatever reason

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Bi means the same thing so it's basically down to if you feel strongly about one term or the other for whatever reason

In that case I'm fine with either bi or pan.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

I came to the same realization last year and struggled with the bi/pan thing. From everything I read, some people interpret bi with two genders and others see it as essentially pan whereas pan seems to be explicitly regardless of gender.

It's all confusing, even more confusing when I was looking up what the pan flag looked like and saw a bunch of drama about the person who created it and just gave up diving deep on anything.

I like whoever regardless of however they identify, and I guess I'll call it pan and everyone else can call it whatever they want.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

I came to the same realization last year and struggled with the bi/pan thing. From everything I read, some people interpret bi with two genders and others see it as essentially pan whereas pan seems to be explicitly regardless of gender.

It's all confusing, even more confusing when I was looking up what the pan flag looked like and saw a bunch of drama about the person who created it and just gave up diving deep on anything.

I like whoever regardless of however they identify, and I guess I'll call it pan and everyone else can call it whatever they want.

The bi in bisexual has always referred to heterosexual/homosexual, which encompass all ranges of gender expression. Bi meaning "two genders" or "no trans" is an age old misconception that's historically been used for a lot of hella biophobic stuff and is pretty frowned upon these days.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The bi in bisexual has always referred to heterosexual/homosexual, which encompass all ranges of gender expression. Bi meaning "two genders" or "no trans" is an age old misconception that's historically been used for a lot of hella biophobic stuff and is pretty frowned upon these days.

Right, I think it seems like the mainstream understanding of it is specifically two genders because of the use of "bi" but of course it's never that simple beneath the surface

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Not gonna get bogged down on The Discourse but there's bi manifestos from the turn of the 90s saying not to assume that bisexual is limited to 2 genders

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Being queer rocks.

Also, have come out as non-binary so :toot:

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I am probably bi? I知 still figuring it out but I know I知 definitely not 100% straight anymore haha.

And I have a great supportive partner who is helping me figure this out and be more honest about myself than ever before!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Woop woop to the folks coming out

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I am probably bi? I知 still figuring it out but I know I知 definitely not 100% straight anymore haha.

And I have a great supportive partner who is helping me figure this out and be more honest about myself than ever before!!!

That rules! Having a supporting partner takes such a weight off of things. I was nervous to come out to my partner just because I didn't know what it would do to the dynamic of the relationship and if anything it's made it better. I'm glad you've got a supportive partner, too!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

My biggest regret in not admitting this all to myself sooner is that college would have been a lot more fun. I'm in my 30s now and have only been with women, and it bums me out to think that the window to experiment and everything is closer to closing than opening.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Rarity posted:

Woop woop to the folks coming out

likewise :krakentoot: for my fellow wrasslegraps goons who are figuring out new facets of themselves. shine on, you friendly diamonds! or, perhaps more appropriately for this subforum, I hope you all feel the BANG! ...of being comfortable in who you are and supported by a trustworthy network of loved ones

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SatansOnion posted:

I hope you all feel the BANG! ...of being comfortable in who you are and supported by a trustworthy network of loved ones

It's a new day, yes it is :unsmith:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

My biggest regret in not admitting this all to myself sooner is that college would have been a lot more fun. I'm in my 30s now and have only been with women, and it bums me out to think that the window to experiment and everything is closer to closing than opening.

30s is the age a lot of folx want to experiment. I came out when I was 12 roughly 10,000 years ago and all it got me was almost murdered a couple times lol, because the Bad Old Days were poo poo for anyone not rigidly conforming to het crap. No one is ever too old to experiment and experimenting in your 30s, 40s, and beyond are all cool as hell. I remember an elder I used to be pals with at a queer bar, he didn't start experimenting till he was 71, got married to another cool old dude when he was like 78, and had a happy decade with his dude queering it up. I will fight anyone who says anyone is too old to experiment with their sexuality or gender.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There's also gonna be a lot of people now hitting their 30s who weren't able to figure out or come to terms with their sexuality due to the culture in their teens who are now feeling more able to express their authentic selves and taking those first steps into the world of queer. You're not going to be alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Rarity posted:

There's also gonna be a lot of people now hitting their 30s who weren't able to figure out or come to terms with their sexuality due to the culture in their teens who are now feeling more able to express their authentic selves and taking those first steps into the world of queer. You're not going to be alone.

This basically me. I just turned 30 and I知 finally not having to explain away my attraction to random men as something else!!! I came to terms with a lot of things during quarantines and lockdown, and I知 not spending anymore of my life not being 100% myself.