Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Gay dude here. Even though I don't post a lot, this forum's really important to me 'cause I'm pretty lonely in my IRL wrestling fandom. I'm fairly new to where I live (Charlotte) and don't really have any friends here, much less ones who'll understand why I get so giddy watching an Okada dropkick. I'm so happy that AEW has come along 'cause WWE finally drove me away for good a couple years ago and NJPW, great as it is, can be hard for me to follow when it's not G1 or BOSJ season.

My favorite wrestling memory is Mankind winning the World Title for the first time. The last hour of RAW went on past my bedtime, so 13-year-old me was doing his best to not freak out too loudly while his favorite wrestler triumphantly ran around the ring with his hard-won prize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Slay the Spire and (heavily modded) Torchlight II, partly because I'm back on my roguelike kick and partly because the controller for my Switch has gotten too drifty to play Smash. But hey, when my Gamecube controller arrives sometime this week I'll see if I can't get my busted-rear end Ganondorf into Elite Smash.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Strange day. Got an early call from my boss saying that we're to stay home and that further details will come later. Get a text (at 9:57) about a ten o'clock web-based department meeting we're all to attend, and after some chaos in getting everybody in the room my boss's boss tells us that somebody on the company's campus had been in contact with someone who tested positive for Covid.

The higher-ups to this point had been resistant - despite widespread grumbling - to the idea of people working from home. This incident, according to my boss's boss, did not change their mind. Working from home was not even made available as an option to us. Luckily, my co-workers were as incredulous to hear that as I was, and it made it much easier for me to speak up when others pointed out how insane it was to force us back onto that campus. My boss's boss, even more luckily, agreed. He encouraged us all to take the day off and even said that he'd "make it right" in terms of refunding the PTO we'd have to use to stay home.

Goddamn man. It would be very easy for us to work from home and still these motherfuckers seem desperate to do everything possible to endanger us. I can only imagine what things are like for people who aren't lucky.

Stay safe and fight on, comrades.

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 18, 2020

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Did anyone else pick up Persona 5 Royal? I was cool on it since P5 was a bit of a disappointment, so it was a very pleasant surprise to find that P5R is maybe the best of the "second draft" titles (in addition to Persona 3 Fes and Persona 4 Golden) that Atlus has released. So many QOL improvements, so many new things to do and places to go, so many fun tweaks added to combat and relationship-building and dungeon-crawling and aaaaaaaaaaaaaa I love this game.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
If any of you follow Super Eyepatch Wolf on YouTube, you should be aware that he just released a longform video called The Bizarre Modern Reality of Sonic the Hedgehog - I'm currently listening in giddy awe to its section on Tails Gets Trolled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQqVZsOpXgA

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 12, 2020

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
loungin around on the couch high as gently caress, making comments to myself while watching judge judy

"ooo boy she got the receipts"

so yeah things are good right now

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Wow I'm glad this subforum and thread exists. I've been around the forum mostly lurking since college and have been craving a place where I can both be queer and talk about wrestling, and what do you know. Much like...all my friends, the pandemic definitely helped me figure out my queerness in both sexuality and gender, and after some deeply complicated personal experiences that threw me out of wrestling for years (both as a worker and as a fan) I got bitten by the bug all over again in the run up to Mania, sticking around mostly thanks to Wrestle Universe and AEW Revolution. It's nice to be back into something that meant so much to me once upon a time, with my only regret being that I was so deeply closeted when I was a worker. But hey, I hear good things about being queer in your 30s, so here's hoping for a bright and colorful future.

Greetings, we're happy to have you and it's wonderful to hear that you feel welcome here. :gaysper:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Yeah, AEW is only about four years old. It doesn't offer much in terms of queer themes but it does feature a few out and proud competitors. Arguably the most notable among them would be Nyla Rose (a trans woman and the company's second women's world title holder) and Anthony Bowens (a former tag team champion who confirmed his sexuality on a recent episode of Rampage and got huge cheers for it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd3x2Bg7bxk&t=231s). Gavok was kind enough to put together a comprehensive primer thread on the promotion as a whole for those interested in learning about its history, ongoing storylines and main players.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4035230

Rhea is awesome but you might not get a lot of recommendations regarding her as she wrestles for WWE, which most folks here don't watch. She's their reigning women's world champion and typically wrestles on Monday Night RAW if you'd like to see more of her. In any case, welcome! We're always happy to see new faces, if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to post them here or in the wrestling questions thread (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898193).