Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
So much fakeness goin down
i have no idea how the law around this works but if you sign something you've created a record. they probably have it all on cameras anyway but if you sign you are saying yes it was me for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down
might be worth talking to an attorney if their fee is less than what you expect you might have to pay.

random anecdote about not signing: i got a rental car at a collision place once and the dudes portable signing thing was down so i never signed. i got insurance when i rented, which i would have had to pay for if i had signed. but since they had no signature they couldn't come after me for the bill, i had to bluff a few calls asking me to come down to sign but they gave up eventually and full insurance without the bill

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

nulldev1ce posted:

I am person B. I will never leave a running pump unattended again.*

*In person A's presence

So why did Person A drive off and try to strand you at a random gas station?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
its hilarious when you encounter people who are from states where you cant pump your own gas and they are totally clueless on how to operate a pump

it amuses me greatly

nulldev1ce
Aug 16, 2002
Shiny Globule

LabyaMynora posted:

So why did Person A drive off and try to strand you at a random gas station?

He was moving the car to free up space at the pump while waiting for me, which is normally a cool and good thing to do.

Again, "both put to death" was our eventual agreement. It's how we end most arguments in fact.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Big Oil Is Going Is Coming To Wreck Your World

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
*buys a Tesla to avoid this exact situation*
*drives away with car still plugged into house*

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Piggy Smalls posted:

Should I go in and fill out the paperwork they want me to sign? The lady didn’t recall me up last night before she left her shift. She told me to come in before 9 pm but I’m out of town so couldn’t

Not really sure. I don't know much about that part.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

nulldev1ce posted:

He was moving the car to free up space at the pump while waiting for me, which is normally a cool and good thing to do.

Again, "both put to death" was our eventual agreement. It's how we end most arguments in fact.

Yep, you're both terrible. Every circumstance in this story makes zero loving sense.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

dead prez posted:

extending this metaphor into coding lol

Well yeah if your heart is giving out it's probably because of lifestyle choices so it's kinda on you.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
do you have a YouTube link to your shame, op?

owlhawk911
Nov 8, 2019

come chill with me, in byob

I did this once. Flipped a match out the window and never looked back. I've been driving ever since

Return to the scene of your crime, OP. Destroy the evidence

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
if you pronounce iman I-MuHN it sounds like hymen hahah

Small Gay Planet fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Nov 29, 2019

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Icochet posted:

A because they're a weakling who has to pee in the middle of a trip

Although peeing in the store instead of the bathroom is pretty alpha

Should have peed in his own gas tank and ripped his dick off somehow

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

dead prez posted:

i have no idea how the law around this works but if you sign something you've created a record. they probably have it all on cameras anyway but if you sign you are saying yes it was me for sure

But he's not denying it was him, so doesn't matter.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I took a massive Black Friday poo poo while reading this, OP. Thanks.

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

So much drama goin down

Lambert posted:

But he's not denying it was him, so doesn't matter.

it might if he doesn't want to pay the bill

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Jebediah posted:

I took a massive Black Friday poo poo while reading this, OP. Thanks.

You might want to get that looked at it could be blood in your stool

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Chinatown posted:

its hilarious when you encounter people who are from states where you cant pump your own gas and they are totally clueless on how to operate a pump

it amuses me greatly
I didn't know this was a thing. I googled this in fascination, and was rewarded with the most ignorant backlash I'd ever seen against Oregon legalizing self-service gas stations.

I have no idea how the boomer generation can call millenials "entitled" when they outright refuse to even pump their own gas.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I legitimately think that anyone careless or stupid enough to make such an avoidable mistake should not be operating a motor vehicle at all. Jesus Christ some of you people are mental wrecks.

Michaeldim
Jan 29, 2011

:byodood:
Its okay bc the pump will grow a new nozzle that will be stronger than before.

Also don't sign poo poo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Cars can have a little a gas pump hose as a snack.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I accidentally did this one two years back but luckily the gas station was smart enough to have installed hoses with a quick release for just these kinds of circumstances so I returned to the hose to the people the gas station they had a sensible chuckle and said it's happened many times before and not to worry about it

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
I never understood how this can be possible, and I'm a pretty absent-minded dude.

I mean, nearly every place I've ever filled up at either (a) You have to pay inside, and can't pay until you stop pumping gas and they get the final total or (b) You have to put the handle back in its place for your card to be charged the final amount rather than the amount you pre-authorized for.

Are Canadian gas stations different, or is OP just insanely stupid?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I noticed in that video that most of the people forgetting to remove the nozzle have their gas tank on the passenger side instead of the driver's side.

OP which side of the car is your gas tank on?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

kuddles posted:

I never understood how this can be possible, and I'm a pretty absent-minded dude.

I mean, nearly every place I've ever filled up at either (a) You have to pay inside, and can't pay until you stop pumping gas and they get the final total or (b) You have to put the handle back in its place for your card to be charged the final amount rather than the amount you pre-authorized for.

It's the latter

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Maybe Oregon and New Jersey have been doing it right this whole time.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

I accidentally did this one two years back but luckily the gas station was smart enough to have installed hoses with a quick release for just these kinds of circumstances so I returned to the hose to the people the gas station they had a sensible chuckle and said it's happened many times before and not to worry about it

I thought those quick releases were federal requirements, so this should be nothing, they'll just re attach the thingy to the hose

Then again I dont know where OP is and anyone wondering how this is possible have you seen another person lately, they're staring at their phones. Babys choking to death, hang on baby I'm looking at my phone.

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
I feel bad for the OP but this is still hilarious. You should move to Oregan or something.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alan 00X posted:

I feel bad for the OP but this is still hilarious. You should move to Oregan or something.
It's "Eragon"

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
The absurd thing about Oregon is the fact they changed the law in 2016 so people can pump their own gas in rural counties - but not more populates areas.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
lok

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

kuddles posted:

Canadian (at least BC) gas stations are stupid and annoying. You just pay at the pump in the U.S. and don't have to worry about the line or the cashier being in the middle of the shift change. And you don't need to have anybody there to get gas.

And it's stupid but I'm sure the OP will never make that mistake again. If it's their worst sin then oh well.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
My card got skimmed by a gas pump today. It was a disaster because they were also apparently out of regular gas so I got like a gallon but my bank is quick as gently caress at catching fraud (the skimmers basically immediately used the card) so by the time I went to the gas station across the street I was hosed and couldn't get gas. Making matters worse I was 300 miles away from home in the middle of loving nowhere and had to backtrack 50 miles (I was on fumes by the time I made it) to the nearest bank to get some money.

In the future I will make sure to never have just one form of payment.

Also cash loving sucks.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Don’t these spills need to be reported to the state and reports filed, etc? Just pay for what you broke and move on op.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Resting Lich Face posted:

My card got skimmed by a gas pump today. It was a disaster because they were also apparently out of regular gas so I got like a gallon but my bank is quick as gently caress at catching fraud (the skimmers basically immediately used the card) so by the time I went to the gas station across the street I was hosed and couldn't get gas. Making matters worse I was 300 miles away from home in the middle of loving nowhere and had to backtrack 50 miles (I was on fumes by the time I made it) to the nearest bank to get some money.

In the future I will make sure to never have just one form of payment.

Also cash loving sucks.

Mine is too. They stop my card every time I fail to remember to tell them I’m traveling. I’m ok w that. But yeah I carry three cards. 2 personal one biz. Sorry bout the skim.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wtf does this even mean zippy the bummer? Drunk?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

tar ogar

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ZTB got it on lok down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Am i a bad person if I hate the op and wish they had exploded but without harming the gas station people