Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
I thought the pumps have a safety that'll disconnect them if you try to drive off? that's what the attendant told me at the station near me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

I thought the pumps have a safety that'll disconnect them if you try to drive off? that's what the attendant told me at the station near me

Did you read any of this at all?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Big Beef City posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Literally A Person posted:

I read both of these as "potato."

Tomato, tomato?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Jay_Zombie posted:

Tomato, tomato?

Both tomatoes. I think you're doing it wrong.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

lol

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

Both tomatoes. I think you're doing it wrong.

Potato, tomato!!!!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Let's call the whole thing off!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if you do this with a electric charger your car explodes immediately

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Chinatown posted:

Tonight on the 11 o'clock news!

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Chinatown posted:

I learned recently that some electric cars have a regular car battery that can go dead in the cold and you can’t drive the fuckin piece of poo poo until you get someone to jump start your electric car because it can’t jump itself or start from the fuckin giant rear end battery in it

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Partycat posted:

I learned recently that some electric cars have a regular car battery that can go dead in the cold and you can’t drive the fuckin piece of poo poo until you get someone to jump start your electric car because it can’t jump itself or start from the fuckin giant rear end battery in it

The traction battery is isolated from the electronics system on almost (all?) electric cars for safety, engineering and various other reasons but the low voltage system should automatically tend itself. If the low voltage battery dies dies, like, completely goes bad where it can't start up the high voltage system that can happen but it's like any other car battery, as long as you don't ignore it for YEARS you won't have that problem.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Shut up TO

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
Everytime I look around, I see
So much fakeness goin down
my hybrid has 2 regular car batteries ontop of the bigass gently caress you battery so like im sure all electric vehicles have at least as many. jump starting someone from the trunk gets a fun reaction when they realize

Kurt Loadeater
May 15, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Piggy Smalls posted:

I went yesterday to the gas station because the lady kept telling me I had to come in to write an accident report. I have to admit that I was mad and thought that I was going to talk smack because I already told her I’d pay what was needed. Well as I got to the place I saw the lady was speaking to another lady and she was handing a notepad back to the chevron lady. As she left the chevron lady told me hello and also said that the lady that just left had pulled he hose out of pump 4. She then told me “I told you it happens all the time.”

She then handed the pad to me and I saw it was just a generic accident report pad with generic questions of how the accident occurred, what’s my license plate number and a place to put my insurance information. As I was filling it out the lady told me not to fill out the insurance information. She told me she was sure they wouldn’t charge me a penny.

I hope she’s right. I closed my claim with my insurance company after speaking to the insurance representative.

is she hot?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

His i3 isn’t even a real electric car.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

bird with big dick posted:

His i3 isn’t even a real electric car.

What?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

its pretty plainly stated. its not real.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The i2, on the other hand, is real but bad.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like driving a Corolla because it is cheap but also a 3 series cause it lets everyone know my dick is real big and also I gently caress pussy bro

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who is Pussy Bro

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Big Beef City posted:

Who is Pussy Bro

A God drat national treasure is what he is.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I'm just going to pose this question again: what do you do in the Jersey area when you need gas for a motorcycle? Do you stand there awkwardly as they pump your gas and look over their shoulder so they don't spill gas all over the place? Offer them a handjob as a tip before you hop back on and take off? Someone help me out here; I may be headed up that way in the next year or two.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Let them slip the nozzle between your legs and stare them down as they pump it in.

That's how motorcycles work right?

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Outrail posted:

Let them slip the nozzle between your legs and stare them down as they pump it in.

That's how motorcycles work right?

Well, actually, the nozzle would go between my rear end cheeks.

But functionally, yes.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Motorcycles are exempt but the attendant still has to operate the pump, so they swipe your card and hand you the nozzle.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

Motorcycles are exempt but the attendant still has to operate the pump, so they swipe your card and hand you the nozzle.

Lmao why are Americans so stupid at everything

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Lmao why are Americans so stupid at everything

To be fair, only a small portion of the US does this.

E: But we are stupid at everything, that is true.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I like driving my lifted F-150 because it causes people to accuse me of having a small dick which gives me a reason to pull out and show them my big dick but it’s also kind of awkward because I’m a grower so I have to pull it out and jerk it for a couple minutes and sometimes they run away while that’s happening so they think their small dick suspicions were confirmed and then I feel sad.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

bird with big dick posted:

I like driving my lifted F-150 because it causes people to accuse me of having a small dick which gives me a reason to pull out and show them my big dick but it’s also kind of awkward because I’m a grower so I have to pull it out and jerk it for a couple minutes and sometimes they run away while that’s happening so they think their small dick suspicions were confirmed and then I feel sad.

Hey I think we used to carpool together

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
idiot op got owned by gas station

https://imgur.com/LKNFIKY.mp4

next time, pedal to the metal

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It's meant to do that, just a small, quick-change replaceable part for exactly that type of situation

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

OMFG FURRY posted:

idiot op got owned by gas station

https://imgur.com/LKNFIKY.mp4

next time, pedal to the metal

"And it was all because the man in the red shirt was on his phone."
~ Guy Who Writes The Warning Labels For Gas Pumps

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Big Beef City posted:

what the gently caress?!

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
op I skipped a lot of pages but has anyone asked you if you drive off with your dick still inside of the prostitute too???

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

op I skipped a lot of pages but has anyone asked you if you drive off with your dick still inside of the prostitute too???

I prefer to keep my dick in your moms mouth...so to answer your question YES

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I work in auto insurance and had this exact thing happen in a claim not that long ago. I was actually confused as this happened all the loving time when I managed a gas station and we had the safety releases on the hoses. I never took anyone's insurance info for those.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i had a gas pump problem a little while ago. my new car has a pop-out gas tank lid that froze shut. i love how there's no lip on it to pull it open manually anymore, it's so convenient

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mozi posted:

i had a gas pump problem a little while ago. my new car has a pop-out gas tank lid that froze shut. i love how there's no lip on it to pull it open manually anymore, it's so convenient

You're supposed to carry a lighter with you to warm it up in that event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Three Olives posted:

The traction battery is isolated from the electronics system on almost (all?) electric cars for safety, engineering and various other reasons but the low voltage system should automatically tend itself. If the low voltage battery dies dies, like, completely goes bad where it can't start up the high voltage system that can happen but it's like any other car battery, as long as you don't ignore it for YEARS you won't have that problem.

This has happened half a dozen times to the new electric smart four two I’ve been interacting with so I guess it’s a piece of poo poo