Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

What are your picks for the worst wrestlers, storylines, matches, shows, promos, promotions etc of this decade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
worst wrestler of the past decade is seth rollins

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The worst storyline of the past decade has to absolutely be the Rusev cuck storyline.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Did Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole happen this decade? Because that's the worst thing ever

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

worst feud Pope vs Joe

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've only seen them twice but worst gimmick The Librarians.

Yes, over farting Natalya.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The first Crown Jewel has the double-punch of being the worst major show in the behind-the-scenes sense while also being one of the worst shows in an in-ring and storytelling sense.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

NienNunb posted:

Did Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole happen this decade? Because that's the worst thing ever

I think that was 2011, so that's definitely the winner.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The Authority vs Daniel Bryan 2013-2014.
Under a certain perception one may argue that this was probably the best thing WWE did all decade. Under another perception it was the final warning of what WWE would become.
The trick is when you realize that the angle wasn't meant to get Daniel Bryan over. It was to get HHH, Stephanie and maybe the Shield over.
It was a transparent display of WWE's lack of regard for its fans masquerading as a satire of WWE's lack of regard for its fans.
And the last time they'd ever let their minds be changed on something that was really important.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 28, 2019

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
WWE Saudi Blood Money Events

The 3 Hour RAW

Whatever the hell global force was trying to be

Villano III & Villano IV & Villano V versus Monster Clown & Murder Clown & Psycho Clown.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Baron Corbin is the worst performer, I skip anything he is involved with

Worst angle is probably that cuck angle mentioned already

Worst match was that TNA PPV match where Jeff Hardy faced Sting and he was blitzed out of his mind

That Undertaker-Goldberg match from Saudi Arabia is pretty close, though

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

CM Punk rear end Zoom In Video

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Roman Reigns hate got old fast but that Magic Beans promo is still so cringy, so boring, so stupid. Killed any chance he still had of winning his haters over.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Shoutout to Bray Wyatt for having at least four legitimate contenders for Worst Match of the Decade (the cage match with Cena and the spooky kid, bugs in a ring, House of Horrors, the HIAC clusterfuck with Rollins) and that barely scratches the surface of how much he poo poo the bed in big spots.

He's my pick for worst wrestler and it's not particularly close in my book.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Okato was 2010 and therefore eligible

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

wwe bullying the flairs into using reid's death as part of their storylines

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Nikki Bella was utter death for me on the mic. Even the worst promos from other wrestlers I can at least get some "so bad it's good" entertainment out of or chalk it up to utterly poo poo WWE writing. But Christ everytime she spoke she came off like a lovely condescending person, face or a heel. Also a terrible terrible terrible actor. "I wish you died in the womb" gently caress off

Seth Rollins as worst wrestler. Setting the recent shittiness of him aside from the past few months, he derailed Finn Balor's title run, broke Cena's nose, and ended Sting's career due to being an unsafe worker. Also never put him on the mic again when he's a face.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's all been very good. Lol :phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline::phoneline:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Sting's 2015 run where he lost to HHH and then lost to Seth Rollins after Seth Rollins got beat by John Cena and also Seth Rollins ended his career

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hulk Hogan wrestled a match this decade so him.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
This was supposed to be a face promo and only wasn't because Dave Batista is good at wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi1W_j3gd6A

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the burial of Zack Ryder

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

This was supposed to be a face promo and only wasn't because Dave Batista is good at wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi1W_j3gd6A

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a heel turn.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The complete history removal of AJ Lee and her role in getting women to not only respected but main event status which was supplanted by Stephanie and the Bellas taking credit. To a lesser extent Paige too.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
A few things looking back at the 2010 WON Awards reminded me that year had:

Cena vs Nexus petering out
Kane having a months long title run
Stand Up for WWE
Vickie Guerrero being fat shamed somehow
This chair shot to Rob Terry (jump to 52 seconds) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vxGIJnvmGE8
Hard Justice winning worst show of the year, where the best match per Meltzer star ratings was a three star RVD-Sabu match
Orlando Jordan in TNA
The mystery GM
The start of the Cole-Lawler feud

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Enzo's entire career arc.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The worst wrestler of the decade was Tamina by far.

She is the absolute shits and has not improved a single iota since she started. And everything shes involved in is atrociously bad.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Everything done with Big Show. Specifically willing\unwilling Authority Stooge Big Show.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Linda mcMahon's senate run 2012

Vote me AND Obama

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I also want to toss in telling the crowd to do a Yes! chant for Daniel Bryan to cheer him up while injured and splicing the footage to make it look like the reaction to Vince making an announcement about The Network.

Which I believe also involved Big Show.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
They definitely tried to have Big Show coopt the chant when they didnt want Bryan to be that popular. Wild poo poo looking back.

This decade has had to have had the most please push this guy movements quashed by WWE for no reason vs any other promotion in any other decade.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

What do yall think was the biggest disappointment/waste of a good angle was this decade? Daniel Bryan's return is for sure on that list (B I G C A S S). Cena squishing out the nexus was already mentioned. Anything else notable?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Procrastinator posted:

What do yall think was the biggest disappointment/waste of a good angle was this decade? Daniel Bryan's return is for sure on that list (B I G C A S S). Cena squishing out the nexus was already mentioned. Anything else notable?

Still can't stand him but it really feels like they botched Roman's return hard.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Procrastinator posted:

The big rub from Cena's run as US Champ being wasted on ADR and his godawful Meximerica gimmick.

NULL_SIGNAL
Feb 19, 2013

John Cena vs John Laurinaitis, No DQ PPV main event.

Heatless, pointless, and had a "surprise" Big Show interference ending literally everyone saw coming. It's not even an interesting train wreck, it's just the most supremely forgettable 2010's WWE garbage.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

NULL_SIGNAL posted:

John Cena vs John Laurinaitis, No DQ PPV main event.

Heatless, pointless, and had a "surprise" Big Show interference ending literally everyone saw coming. It's not even an interesting train wreck, it's just the most supremely forgettable 2010's WWE garbage.

This was the main event over a CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan world title match!

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

TheKingslayer posted:

Still can't stand him but it really feels like they botched Roman's return hard.

He's still probably main eventing the next WM.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

fatherofmustard posted:

He's still probably main eventing the next WM.

i'll be shocked if he doesn't win the 2020 royal rumble

but that's next decade's nonsense!!!!

I feel like every return to WWE this decade has been dogshit (Bryan as mentioned, Roman both times, Dean's heel turn, Del Rio as mentioned, Seth coming back as a heel when he was at his hottest)

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Benne posted:

Shoutout to Bray Wyatt for having at least four legitimate contenders for Worst Match of the Decade (the cage match with Cena and the spooky kid, bugs in a ring, House of Horrors, the HIAC clusterfuck with Rollins) and that barely scratches the surface of how much he poo poo the bed in big spots.

He's my pick for worst wrestler and it's not particularly close in my book.

I think it's indicative that none of those travesties have anything to do with Bray Wyatt the wrestler and talent but rather Bray Wyatt the WWE production gimmick that keeps doing incredibly dumb poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eh while WWE is bad at booking I think for Bray and Seth part of why they are so awful has to go back to them