Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

MarcusSA posted:

Hell yeah!

America vs the commies

But...but Goonfleet is space communism. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
some people have really weird slightly racist (and some super racist) dislikes about chinese and brazillian players in games, but i literally love it when an MMO is full of them because they usually end up being total fodder for me to kill

i'd rather have people typing at me in non english gibberish after i smoked them than play a game with no one to smoke.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sure, Korean gold farmers in WoW were a valuable source of pvp hilarity.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

some people have really weird slightly racist (and some super racist) dislikes about chinese and brazillian players in games, but i literally love it when an MMO is full of them because they usually end up being total fodder for me to kill

i'd rather have people typing at me in non english gibberish after i smoked them than play a game with no one to smoke.

I just like having idiots to seal club, its great.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Some people are racist you say? Chinese are all dumb fodder you say?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Aramoro posted:

Some people are racist you say? Chinese are all dumb fodder you say?

i didn't, thanks for trying

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

i didn't, thanks for trying

Oh? So what is it about the Chinese that makes them more likely to be fodder for you then?

Because from here it sounds a lot like you're some sort if dipshit racist.

I mean we already know you're a dipshit, it's the racist part that's new.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Aramoro posted:

Oh? So what is it about the Chinese that makes them more likely to be fodder for you then?

It looked to me like they were happy people were playing the game, period, especially when folks anticipate the population will drop off in three months.

Who wants to play spreadsheets in a ghost town?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Aramoro posted:

within the first minute of hitting our home system, I watched a corp-mate say in local:

"English, I don't speak ramen noodle."

So yeah, very fuckin' racist.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cannon_Fodder posted:

within the first minute of hitting our home system, I watched a corp-mate say in local:

"English, I don't speak ramen noodle."

So yeah, very fuckin' racist.

Unless the corp-mate was globby, i dunno about that particular claim you're making about him. A lot of Chinese players are bad at video games, just like a lot of non-Chinese players are bad at videogames. China has the largest population and the largest population of gamers in the world, so just by going on numbers, your odds of encountering a crappy Chinese gamer are high, especially when it comes to phone games, which may not be taken seriously anyways, so the player may not even be trying to "git gud" or any of that.

That said, actual good pvpers would smoke the gently caress out of globby, he's only in it for seal clubbing.

Also, tell someone in leadership about that and who it was.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

orange juche posted:

Unless the corp-mate was globby, i dunno about that particular claim you're making about him. A lot of Chinese players are bad at video games, just like a lot of non-Chinese players are bad at videogames. China has the largest population and the largest population of gamers in the world, so just by going on numbers, your odds of encountering a crappy Chinese gamer are high, especially when it comes to phone games, which may not be taken seriously anyways, so the player may not even be trying to "git gud" or any of that.

That said, actual good pvpers would smoke the gently caress out of globby, he's only in it for seal clubbing.

Also, tell someone in leadership about that and who it was.

Since I need to spell it out for you, that's a racist thing to say and not particularly funny.

As a Mexican, I've gotten "I don't speak taco" in public and you can surmise that person wasn't trying to be charming.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Since I need to spell it out for you, that's a racist thing to say and not particularly funny.

As a Mexican, I've gotten "I don't speak taco" in public and you can surmise that person wasn't trying to be charming.

And I'm saying, unless globby said it, the post you're quoting and responding to, and calling globby a racist is misguided.

Now if globby did say that, then I stand corrected and globby is a racist.

I am not defending the moron who said "I don't speak ramen noodle" that poo poo is abhorrent and they need to get slapped post haste.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 21, 2020

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Aramoro posted:

i never said they were more likely, sorry bud but you might wanna talk to someone about your projection issues

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

orange juche posted:

this is a meme i don't understand, i'm actually pretty good at eve online, but why fight people who want to fight you and will lose pennies when you can club idiots worth gorillions of dollars who don't even bother looking at their overview

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

If it at all helps I read the post as "It's more interesting when diplomacy is strictly through actions because there is no common language"

Which it can make things interesting trying to not start a big shooting match without using words.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
The fleet system sucks, and the price of warp disruptors also sucks.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

pixaal posted:

If it at all helps I read the post as "It's more interesting when diplomacy is strictly through actions because there is no common language"

Which it can make things interesting trying to not start a big shooting match without using words.

That is a very generous way to read something from someone who solely multiboxes to gank people.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Aramoro posted:

That is a very generous way to read something from someone who solely multiboxes to gank people.

what's wrong with multiboxing or ganking friend?

there is no need for such anger, you should relax and give the benefit of the doubt to someone you've never interacted with.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

:allears: We aren't even a month in and it's already at this level? As always, Goon's greatest enemy is goons. :smithicide:

I know leadership of a game like this can be difficult, I used to try wrangle tons of goons and pubbies on mumble in GW2, I can't imagine running an eve Corp. I just hope poo poo doesn't fall apart completely :ohdear: this game is fun and good.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932792

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lol so a bunch of goons followed a moron who is a member of the imperium apparently, with a 28 post count and he took them all for a ride? Good poo poo, mobile eve delivers!

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

orange juche posted:

Lol so a bunch of goons followed a moron who is a member of the imperium apparently, with a 28 post count and he took them all for a ride? Good poo poo, mobile eve delivers!

One week in and we're already making with the goods! This is definitely 100% EVE.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i wish i walked away with all that isk, i'd have converted it into PLEX and waited 2 years and came back to the game with infinite money

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

lmoa he put PL in the old alliance

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Is that actual PL? They've been posting ads in the Spanish channel.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Traveller posted:

Is that actual PL? They've been posting ads in the Spanish channel.

Given this is all phone game BS it's probably someone else who stole their name, but you've got to admit the optics here are not good.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

if I was accused of being a pubbie, I wouldn't double down on looking like a pubbie and adding Pandemic Legion

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Other thread dead. Good riddance.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

orange juche posted:

Other thread dead. Good riddance.

10/10 drama that I have come to love and expect. But good riddance and hope true goons in EE own.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The term true goon is polluted, I'd not use that. Perhaps goons whose main aim isn't to steal from the line members?

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
If you want to play Eve Echoes with other goons, there is Groo. It's super chill. Come join and play with us.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.

orange juche posted:

The term true goon is polluted, I'd not use that. Perhaps goons whose main aim isn't to steal from the line members?

Yeah, definitely some goon loving done by that douche Val. Thank god Pharnakes saw it coming and snatched assets and emptied the wallet. It took big balls since he probably knew he looked like an awoxer. I knew Val was a piece of garbage when the chat logs and his wallet skimming were released, but what made him a real poo poo lord was when he came into discord ranting and wouldn't listen to any concerns from long time EO players and shadow-banned anyone who had valid concerns. May he burn in eternal pixel flame.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
Going to highsec to focus on production and stuff. Any goon that wants a ship is welcome to send me a message in game and we'll work at making you something at cost.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose
goodbye old thread, hello new corp

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kungfu Trader posted:

Yeah, definitely some goon loving done by that douche Val. Thank god Pharnakes saw it coming and snatched assets and emptied the wallet. It took big balls since he probably knew he looked like an awoxer. I knew Val was a piece of garbage when the chat logs and his wallet skimming were released, but what made him a real poo poo lord was when he came into discord ranting and wouldn't listen to any concerns from long time EO players and shadow-banned anyone who had valid concerns. May he burn in eternal pixel flame.

You post too hard, friendo, may i suggest mellowing out, exploring the forums, finding a group of non-eve goons to post with? It's fine if you post with eve goons but you'll miss out on the vast amount of stuff that exists on this forum if you only focus on the eve echoes stuff.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

orange juche posted:

You post too hard, friendo, may i suggest mellowing out, exploring the forums, finding a group of non-eve goons to post with? It's fine if you post with eve goons but you'll miss out on the vast amount of stuff that exists on this forum if you only focus on the eve echoes stuff.

It's funny, what finally got me to sign up after lurking for years was I wanted to join Goons in Eve. At that time there was a 1 month waiting period for new forums users to join Goonfleet and in that time I basically stopped playing Eve and I never really participated in Goonfleet after like a week in the Corp. Yet here I am, 11 years later still posting on these here forums.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is the new thread BTW for those that haven’t seen it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937883

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

MarcusSA posted:

This is the new thread BTW for those that haven’t seen it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937883

New Corp is fun. Come hang out with us and have fun and help us build fun things for goons!