Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It's Thanksgiving but all of my family is like 10 hour drive from LA this year and wife's family is all the way in Illinois so we decided to go on fun adventure to San Diego instead.

We are gonna party it up and also go to the zoo and also some safari thing and also idk other stuff too it is going to be super fun and exciting I will keep this thread up to date with all the excitement and pictures of THANKSGIVING ADVENTURE 2019!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Currently at the laundromat cleaning clothes so we can be not dirty smelly bums

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Clothes are now in the dryer guys 2 dyers set to 28 minutes, things are getting good now :f5:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Spins posted:

Is anything open???

I had to go to different laundromat than my normal one but this one is open, makes sense since no need for anyone to actually be here as employee

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Laundry is done, now I'm back home finishing packing.

Just washed out a couple growlers! Ballast Point and Groundswell are def happening idk about Stone since kinda out of the way from where we will be but bringing just in case!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
2pm and we are on the road! Our airbnb still hasn't told us where the key is lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Still on the road somewhere in the OC, gps said 2.5 hours but looks like gonna be closer to 3.5 :sigh:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
UPDATE : We got the Airbnb directions! They directions include DONT TALK TO ANY SECURITY OR MANAGEMENT and that if anyone asks us who we are to say we are staying with friends not in an Airbnb

Sketchy lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Yo, it's raining cats and dogs like for the next couple days...you picked an interesting time to come here!

Yeah well when we planned it a month ago we weren't expecting the terrible weather ):

Things have cleared up pretty nice for now though!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Tane posted:

hi we dont know each other but you need to bring back the beanie baby avatar or I will kill again

Tell the mods not to ban me then :mad:

GPS says only 24 more minutes!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

NightDad_420 posted:

nooner is married????

Ya dude our second anniversary was on the 18th, where have you been?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I went to Best Buy (lol) a few minutes after they opened tonight. got the printer and hard drive I wanted and was back home within 30 minutes. super chill. that was my thanksgiving adventure

Best buy sells hard drives?

Good adventure none the less!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

Where in SD is your Airbnb op?

You should eat some mexican food tomorrow OP!

Def planning on Mexican food there is a place right around the corner from us. Mrs nooner has never had a real California burrito before so this is a priority.

I think we are technically in DT but it's like a 5 minute walk to the gaslamp and supposed to be just 20min walk to the zoo. Not disappointed.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Pregaming right now and watching football (lol ATL suxx) then going to gaslamp to find some dinner and then get drunk as heck. It's gonna be fun I will keep thread updated. Gonna have big ole photodump on Sunday cause I don't have computer here and can't figure out imgur on my phone ):

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Oscar Wild posted:

This thread is like my unborn babies, it fails to deliver in so many ways.

gently caress you here is some loving delivery:

That is washer I posted about earlier!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

The Protagonist posted:

Were you holding onto this picture as a contingency?

No! Here is the inside of our "totally not an Airbnb we are just visiting friends" apartment

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
$70 a night (also has a bedroom )

But what they didn't mention is only 24 hour parking near by is $25 a day which is annoying

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

First of all, gently caress downtown and the Gaslamp. Get your asses to Hillcrest, North Park, South Park, Kearny Mesa, Miramar, and if or you're feeling frisky, my area of the south bay (National City, Chula Vista, Imperial beach, San Ysidro).

Hillcrest is hella gay and hella awesome and has hella brunch. North Park is full of rear end in a top hat hipsters and so many restaurants and breweries that own. (Red Wing best dive bar 100%) South Park has a few gems. Hamiltons and the death metal vegan restaurant Kindred. Kearny for a lack of better description is our asia town. Japanese, Korean, thai food. Yum. Million breweries in miramar. Everything from southbay is guaranteed delicious Mexican fiod. I might have misspelled all these places because im turkey wasted but do everything I said

This post is being taken into consideration. Is there a ballast point or Groundswell in North Park? I need to fill them growlers I brought. LA has some good breweries but SD has way better ones.

Where is best brunch in Hillcrest? Sunday brunch is 100% in the game plan.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
HOLY gently caress IT JUST STARTED RAINING SO HARD

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Groundswell brewery on 3rd Ave in Chula Vista. Next to a local fav of 3 punks brew. Ballast points are literally everywhere. Little Italy is your closest one. My personal fav sloppy as gently caress brunch spot is Baja Bettys. Unlimited mimosas and buffet. My fav sit down and delicious brunch choice os Hash House A go go. It can be a wait but theres a lil dive bar 30 feet away you can def day drink at.

I've been to hash house a go go before place was loving stupid awesome

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Outrail posted:

What the gently caress is a ballast point? Is your Prius tipping over?

It is a good rear end brewery artard

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

numberoneposter posted:

ballast point is the one with the fish on the bottle

Sculpin is an A+ beer but the grapefruit sculpin is $$$$$$

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
We are at American Junkie now seemed okay until I saw the OSU flags above the bar.

This bar sucks, don't come here.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lol holy gently caress San Diego sucks balls, you can't buy liquor after 10pm here, I didn't realize we drove down to loving Utah somehow

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chinatown posted:

liquor stores close early on Thanksgiving? NO WAY.

No they are open and the guy told me that 10 is last call for liquor at stores so we had to go back to the one bar still open and drank 3 more doubles but we met some cool navy kids that were like just 21 who were fun to talk to

E: one of them is 21 and in a bad relationship and asking for help about his girlfriend who lives across the country of they should stay together :gbsmith:

Nooner fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Nov 29, 2019

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Now she wants to ask him if they ever played ookie cookie which I thought was a fake thing we told pledges they would have to do but apparently it is a real thing in the navy

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It's Friday and we are going to the zoo today I've heard that the SD zoo is super good but last time I went to the LA zoo I saw a bear take a giant gross crap right in front of everyone so I think that will be hard to beat. Lots of pictures to of animals to come in final photodump. Meanwhile, speaking of dumps so much here is a picture of the stall I had to take one in last night at Whiskey Girl

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
At brunch at a place that has "can"died bacon on menu which is just a tallcan of beer and plate of candied bacon which is pretty cool.

I got biscuits and gravy and a Mexican coffee tho. Wife got avocado toast cause she is a gosh dang millennial

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Ok here is our zoo post, thank you for following the thread

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:siren:IVE GOT A PICTURE OF A MONKEY EATING ANOTHER MONKEYS rear end:siren:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:siren:GOT A PICTURE OF SOME TURTLES FUCKIN!!:siren:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Okay I'm back at the Airbnb and can post some photos mainly just of turtles fuggling and monkey eating other monkeys rear end

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Turtles making love

Warning about cheesing (lol south park)

It was between that or Muhammad

I wish I got video of this but monkey straight up eating other monkeys rear end

Nooner fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 30, 2019

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I do not want to scare a rhino, but I saw one today! It was real big and he was eating grass from a big bin thing

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Going to ballast point in Little Italy in about 20 minutes if you wanna show up and fight or recharge JO crystals or whatever

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
We weren't allowed to go into a restaurant because we weren't rednecks don't go to the bootleg ever

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Burt Sexual posted:

I’m certain there’s a picture of this fabled restaurant

Don't go here. The menu looked good but turns out they wouldn't let us in because they could tell my wife and I were not cousins. I made sure to email their "contact us" thing that I hope all of Clemson takes a big gross watery poo poo all over Nick Saban's face.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I'd love to know why they didn't let you in. It's an east village bar so you prob didnt meet there "dress code"

I told you dude, get your rear end out of downtown and get your rear end too North Park/Hillcrest. Go to Ocesn beach for some good ol crazy bums and good food and stay out of Pacific Beach unless you like to fight drubk frat bois. Like, 100% you'll get into a fight or fight adjacent.

Pacific Beach it is, time to show some bitch made UC kids how a CSUN Fratador throws down (:<

*Pounds 4 long islands in 5 minutes, trips over barstool and pukes all over myself laying on the ground*

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
We are gonna hit some bars again tonight then brunch tomorrow.

Best we had was dinner Thursday night at Whiskey Girl but have mostly been drinking our way through town rather than eating. Gonna get California burritos tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Went to the Safari zoo thing in Escondido today here are a few highlights!

Wife feeding lil birds forgot what they are called but they were cute and there was like a million of them in the enclosure but some how the lady working there knew each of them by name even though they all looked exactly alike. Fun fact they live to be 20 years old!

'Merica

WHO'S HOUSE????

Yee