Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So with the hollandaise season upon us now, and that means it’s time to fight the hordes out shopping, get into a fight with your significant other about which placemats to use and listen to your drunk uncle Ted rant about foreigners at the dinner table. Fortunately it also means that it’s time for yet another installment of the Sheep Game, where you can argue with your goon friends about who is the most correct about everything!

So, what is a sheep game? Here's you answer:

What the gently caress is a sheep

The game is not complicated.

1. There will be a list of questions at the bottom of this post. The object of the game is to provide the MOST COMMON response from the people playing the game, kind of like Family Feud. You receive one point for each person who provided the same answer. In other words, if the question was "What is best in life," and 10 players said "To crush your enemies," each of those players would receive 10 points. If 5 players said "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist," they would each receive 5 points. If 1 player said "Hello Kitty," he would receive 1 points (and the public condemnation of his peers).

2. Every question scores points, even if only one. The player with the MOST points, after all the questions are added up, wins the game.

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of AI will.

Send your answers along with your SA Username - seriously - to AIsheepgame@gmail.com (seriously, make sure your username is in there somewhere!) with the tag Sheep Game in the subject line. Also, if you've participated before in a Sheep Game, please send your old username, so I can update the statistics as well!

Format for your submission is important, so please send your answers, without the question numbers or the questions themselves inline; like this:

code:
Miatas
Dead hooker smell.
The reason why I ask for the answers to be submitted without numbers (or written into the questions, holy poo poo you guys) is because with the program I use to organise this, I can just do a three-second copy/paste to create your entry. Anything else adds time and manual correction to the process.

Once you have sent your entry, please post in this thread as confirmation.

You have until 11 PM Pacific Time on Sunday, December 22nd (0700 UTC on Monday, December 23rd). to submit your answers. The big reveal will be in this thread starting at or about 3 PM Pacific Time on Monday, December 23rd (2300 UTC on Monday, December 23rd), so set your calendars/alarm clocks/crude sundials made from old Jeep parts for the big day! I will be doing the reveal two questions per day with each reveal being posted at or about 3 PM Pacific Time, so you have some time to ridicule each other discuss your successes and failures.

Without further ado, the questions:

1. If you ask me, this is the most exciting car on sale today.
  2. On the other hand, this is the most boring car on sale today.
  3. In my opinion, this is the most important and defining characteristic of a luxury car, by far.
  4. When I am shopping around for a beater car, I’m unwilling to spend more than ___________.
  5. This brand makes the most reliable cars on the road today.
  6. Conversely, this brand makes the least reliable cars on the road today.
  7. The Germans have a very long history of making cars. This car built by a German company is the one that I dream of driving the most.
  8. This piece of technology redefined the car as we know it today.
  9. When a road car engine exceeds this power-displacement ratio (in horsepower/litre), I sit up and think, “yeah, that’s pretty powerful!”
  10. Italy has a long and storied history of auto manufacturing. This brand from Italy is the one I love the most.
  11. When I look back on how I got into cars, this person in my life is probably the reason why it happened.
  12. Cars and consumer habits are constantly changing. The 2039 version of the __________ will be absolutely unrecognisable to us today.
  13. On the other hand, the 2039 version of the __________ will be immediately recognisable to us today.
  14. I don’t mind working on cars, but any time this job comes up I have to force myself to do it, it’s so miserable.
  15. AI has been around for quite a while now. This is the greatest story to have been told in the entire history of the subforum.
  16. The __________ is undoubtedly the strangest engine to have ever made production in a road car (be specific!)
  17. In the 80s and 90s, we saw the Japanese car industry come to the forefront; in the 90s/00s it was the Koreans, and in the 2010s it’s looking like it’s China. Which, if any, country’s car industry will rise, or rise again, in the 2020s and 30s?
  18. If I didn’t need a car to commute to work, I would put this in my garage as my weekend toy.

Once again, send your answers to AIsheepgame@gmail.com before 11 PM Pacific Time on Sunday, December 22nd (0700 UTC on Monday, December 23rd). See you all for the reveal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sent.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You'll take what I send you and enjoy it.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

I immediately regret my choices.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Sent

I'll be genuinely disappointed if I get wolfed on 15.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Hooray, MrChips! Sent!

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I'm in! Email sent.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Sent

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
fully sent

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Scented.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

This Sheep Game goes up to eleven (and I'm in it)

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

First weekend up, and I've heard from a total of 12 players:

bolind
CAT INTERCEPTOR
CornHolio
Liquid Communism
McTinkerson
No Wake
NumbersMatching320i
Seat Safety Switch
Stevobob
The Door Frame
The Royal Nonesuch
toplitzin

Keep the submissions rolling in everyone!

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I misunderstood some of the very simple questions, but I think I still got some good answers in

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Sorry Chips.

sirr0bin
Aug 16, 2004
damn you! let the rabbits wear glasses!
Sent!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I have followed in the path of our lord and savior, Larry The Enticer, and I have Sent It.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Answers are in. Definitely expecting a mix of wolfiness and sheepiness as we run down the list.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Long time listener, first time caller.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

In like sin

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Sent answers, I wonder how the arbitrary grouping will deal with some of them :v:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Answers sent (twice, because I hosed up the formatting on one of the questions the first time :downs:)

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Two weeks to get your answers in, and so far I've heard from 20 players:

bolind
CAT INTERCEPTOR
CornHolio
cursedshitbox
Elmnt80
ephphatha
InitialDave
IOwnCalculus
Kazinsal
Liquid Communism
luminalflux
McTinkerson
No Wake
NumbersMatching320i
Seat Safety Switch
sirr0bin
Stevobob
The Door Frame
The Royal Nonesuch
toplitzin

If you don't see your name here, get your answers in or let me know!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Sent!

The best game. Can't wait for the reveals

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I have sent my answers after getting caught up at work!

nadmonk
Nov 26, 2017

The spice must flow in and through me.
The fire will cleanse me body and soul.

I have sent.
I look forward to finishing near the bottom of the pack again this year.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Getting down to the last nine days, and I've only heard from 25 players:

bolind
CAT INTERCEPTOR
CornHolio
cursedshitbox
Elephanthead
Elmnt80
ephphatha
InitialDave
IOwnCalculus
Kazinsal
Liquid Communism
luminalflux
McTinkerson
nadmonk
No Wake
NumbersMatching320i
Seat Safety Switch
sirr0bin
slothrop
Somewhat Heroic
Stevobob
The Door Frame
The Royal Nonesuch
toplitzin
turb

If you don't see your username here and you sent answers to me, let me know; otherwise, keep them coming in!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Sent, and also bump

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Maybe we could get a sticky?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Still only heard from 26 players so far, and there's only :siren::siren: 5 days left to get your entries in!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I participated.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I half-assed a piece of effort.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Su'mitted.

I'll be sure to pull down my average this time!

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Submitted

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

First time player. Sent!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
In!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Sent.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

As of now we have 35 players:

Beverly Cleavage
bolind
CannonFodder
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Chunjee
CornHolio
cursedshitbox
eaten by a grue
Elephanthead
Elmnt80
ephphatha
heffray
InitialDave
IOwnCalculus
Kazinsal
Liquid Communism
luminalflux
Maksimus54
McTinkerson
nadmonk
Nebakenezzer
No Wake
NumbersMatching320i
Seat Safety Switch
SharkyTM
sirr0bin
slothrop
Somewhat Heroic
Stevobob
StormDrain
The Door Frame
The Royal Nonesuch
toplitzin
turb
Wrar

We've still got a few more days left to get answers in (this Sunday at 11PM EST/Monday at 0700 UTC) is the deadline, and I still think we can get deep into the fifties for submissions, but I'd love to see us break our record of 61, set two years ago. Let's get on this AI!

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Late to the game, but sent!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

meatpimp submission sent. Looking forward to being solidly mid-pack, as always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Sent an addendum on a question... sorry!