Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Answers are in. Definitely expecting a mix of wolfiness and sheepiness as we run down the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I can only assume you lot have never seen a BMW 2 series Active Tourer.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Door Frame posted:

I've seen a Mazda5, yes
It's not just about what it is in isolation.

A Mazda 5, while uninspiring, does not comprehensively undermine an entire brand philosophy stretching back decades.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Deeters posted:

Yeah, no way a $1000 Craigslist car is going to pass inspection in New England

Does the $1000 include what you leave in the glove box?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Everyone who DIDN'T answer "Unimog" needs to be asked the same question by a voluptuous German lass wearing traditional dress sat on their face.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I still feel that bhp per litre is a useful metric for "state of tune", it's interesting to ballpark how much they've turned the wick up on something.

But your view is influenced by what sort of tune the cars you grew up with were in. I remember 60-70bhp per litre being what you got in the "quick" variants of production cars.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I just loving hate bleeding the fuckers, going through all kinds of brake fluid.
If you have a compressor, get an air-powered vacuum brake bleeder. Just attaches to the bleed nipple and sucks the fluid through.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I almost certainly aced 16.

15... I thought it was meant to be like one single thing that happened, rather than a full thread/long-form kind of deal. Ah well!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CannonFodder posted:

I stand by my lone wolfs (wolves?) and want to know more about the following:
Actually, mine was slightly incorrect, it was a Volvo C304, not a Pinz, the original thread was "Doccers buys a Volvo". His other half has a 6x6 5-ton, and I remember them driving the things in convoy to move house at one point.

As I said earlier, I was thinking in terms of "snapshot moment in time" singular things, rather than entire threads or projects etc.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
My answer to 18 was through an interpretation of the question as "what 'toy' do you not currently own that you would like to own if someone offered to buy you one?"

I don't really need a car to commute to work, and I currently have enough vehicles that when people ask me how many I own i actually have to stop and think (technically I think it's 14).

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Thanks Chips! Good game, good game! /Brucey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That was the one where he had to switch to a 90s Civic instead, wasn't it, as it was literally pulling the shell apart at the seams?