Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I have followed in the path of our lord and savior, Larry The Enticer, and I have Sent It.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Here in AZ, seems like everything under $1k either can't be titled or doesn't run. Can't be much of a beater if it can't be driven.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm not surprised Toyota sheeped that high. For a long loving time, the default recommendation for "I don't care about anything but reliability" in a cheap used car has been a Toyota product in one way or another.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Deeters posted:

Is anyone that picked fuel injection under 30?

Probably not :v:

It really is a huge difference in how an engine behaves. Moreso with modern fuel injection than TBI / early Bosch Jetronic garbage, but still.

Electronic ignition is right up there with it.

With a carb and points, you could have an engine where nothing was really "wrong" but all the tolerances and unpredictable behaviors stack up the wrong way during certain conditions and now it's going to run poorly or not at all. With computerized fuel injection and electronic ignition, it's going to fire right up unless something is actually broken.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fermented Tinal posted:

Nah, see, that's the 75th anniversary of the model. If anything around that time the Mustang is gonna have a throwback design.

That's why I went with the last car to be turned into a crossover, though let's be fair Mitsu will be dead along with the rest of us because CAT is right

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I just loving hate bleeding the fuckers, going through all kinds of brake fluid.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

MrChips posted:

Sockington Rust Adventure - 5
Nitrospazzz
Stevobob
Beverly Cleavage
IOwnCalculus
Alarbus

Hey now, that's not what my answer was :colbert:

quote:

The mod challenge that resulted in all those sexy jorts pics

Sockington was an... eager participant in said challenge but it wasn't his thread. Someone (whose name I can't remember) posted a "recommend me a car" thread on someone else's intentionally bad advice. The challenge, given their access to a proper vehicular photo studio, was to do a "sexy" shoot before enough other posters did.

Everyone delivered, and got custom titles of themselves for their trouble.

CannonFodder posted:

I stand by my lone wolfs (wolves?) and want to know more about the following:
Adiabatic and the Chrysler wiring diagram - Kazinsal

Someone had a Mopar product that was behaving exceptionally strangely - I want to say it wasn't shutting off or had a major battery drain or something - after what seemed to be an unrelated repair. Adiabatic correctly armchair diagnosed it and it was something absolutely insane like a defectively wired window switch.

MrChips posted:

Did that guy ever finish his Green 68 Ford Mustang? I forget his username. - Korwen
frozenphil - Powershift

Also, these are the same :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Oh, and slightly surprised nobody went with ye olde KNOW YOUR AI POSTERS banners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Liquid Communism posted:

poo poo, I forgot mooecow's glorious truck or I would have gone with that.

Easily one of the best success stories, from "I think I can change my oil" to "I rebuilt two trucks".