Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Sent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

meatpimp posted:

How did you determine the Corvette / C8 Corvette delineation, MrChips? I can see an argument either way.

I also defy anyone to look at a current base spec Ford Escape and show me something more boring.

I have driven a rental-spec Prius, and wanted to get out and push to get it up hills.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I typoed the hell out of that one, was supposed to be $3k since anything less here is 50% rust and air by volume.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Fermented Tinal posted:

I can see your reasoning, but maybe using the word "brand" instead of "manufacturer" muddied the waters a bit since reliability is probably consistent across most manufacturers' marques.

As for who really gets to be top dog on reliability; Despite being a Toyota guy I'd argue Honda is still top dog, if only barely and I am surprised Toyota sheeped higher. Both of them need to step up or they'll be on par with GM and Ford soon enough. I do not have a high opinion of Mazda but I do understand they're generally not awful (mine was awful), but Mazda is also Japanese Ford, Nissan is basically Japanese Renault, I read way too many Subaru horror-stories on this very forum for them to be considered, and Mitsubishi is Japanese Chrysler and therefore poo poo. Hyundai has improved significantly but is not quite there yet. Across the big pond, Ford and GM are superior to FCA and I think it's safe to say nobody here is broken enough to think any FCA product is reliable. Across the littler pond reliability does not seem to be a priority and thusly counts out all of Europe and the rest of continental Asia.

Subies are reliable as long as you're willing and able to do a lot of preventative maintenance. Nissans tend to grenade CVTs. Toyotas are still pretty solid driving appliances.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

poo poo, I forgot mooecow's glorious truck or I would have gone with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

No idea how I snuck into the top four, but good game all! Thanks for running this again MrChips, it's always a blast.