Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

EBB posted:

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me
A PSA on fire safety

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1201163246000070656?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/JoeSestak/status/1201262983852232704

RIP The Admiral - no longer wandering the woods of New Hampshire

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Who the gently caress is that?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

FrozenVent posted:

Who the gently caress is that?

I think he was the white guy on The Mod Squad.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://twitter.com/RachelRGonzalez/status/1200532600940576768

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Smart people don't join the military what the gently caress

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

A Bad Poster posted:

Smart people don't join the military what the gently caress

Uhh he punched his ticket. It was a checkbox.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

"Pampered kids?" The gently caress are you on about.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Ah yes, the classic method of quantifying intelligence: democracy popularity.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

They have Fortnite and YouTube and Instagrams

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

piL posted:

Ah yes, the classic method of quantifying intelligence: democracy popularity.

I think it was more which candidate appears the most intelligent.

Which is a stupid rear end question, because all of them could appear as equally intelligent if they applied Rick Parry Smart Guy Glasses (tm)

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Wait, isn't buttman the polyglot and concert pianist?

That makes you seem pretty smart.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

lol if you think the people who write wapo columns are anything but upper-middle classes

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Defenestrategy posted:

I think it was more which candidate appears the most intelligent.

Which is a stupid rear end question, because all of them could appear as equally intelligent if they applied Rick Parry Smart Guy Glasses (tm)

That was the question, but if I ask you which person is smarter, this guy you like, these three guys you agree with, or these eight strangers, I suspect it will be very difficult to tease the answer to the asked question apart of the implicit question of, "which of these names are familiar to you".

If you look at the rest of the data, the top 4 from the smartest are the top 4 for honest are the top 4 for cares the most about people like you, are the top 4 for best leader, are the top 4 for 'if the vote was today, for whom would you vote'.

I'm not convinced that what you can infer from the question matches the question itself. I think we're in agreement, based on the second half of your post.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

not caring here posted:

Wait, isn't buttman the polyglot and concert pianist?

That makes you seem pretty smart.

Also a Rhodes scholar

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Deathy McDeath posted:

Also a Rhodes scholar

Yeah but he had a goal his whole life of being the president so obviously he’s an unworthy piece of poo poo.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

Also a Rhodes scholar
So was Greitens. Same kind of guy.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
He's the perfect candidate for people who want Republican policies but have a gay friend

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Deathy McDeath posted:

Also a Rhodes scholar

But(t) of course, so is Corey Booker.

I think the big thing for Butt is that his resume is entirely "joined the military," "is a mayor," "is gay," and "is smart." So as a result, even though he's not appreciably more intelligent than any of the other candidates, media coverage makes it seem like he is because his intelligence is literally one of four things about him that they can talk about.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007
Injection-Molded

M_Gargantua posted:

lol if you think the people who write wapo columns are anything but upper-middle classes

I'm assuming that wasn't a dig at Mr Rogers then? That's how I read it the first time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

He's the perfect candidate for people who want Republican policies but have a gay friend

I've been calling him gay obama for a while now

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
If Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar and doesn't have a masters degree then what the hell was the point of getting a Rhodes Scholarship other than denying it to someone who'd use it simply so they can make it a line on their resume?

Edit: Apparently he used it to get a second BA. What the unholy gently caress.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

McNally posted:

If Buttigieg is a Rhodes Scholar and doesn't have a masters degree then what the hell was the point of getting a Rhodes Scholarship other than denying it to someone who'd use it simply so they can make it a line on their resume?

They should call it chodes scholar when you just go for a second bachelor's

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

McNally posted:

It's because he's a bitch.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Viva Miriya posted:

It's because he's a bitch.

Pete Buttigeig = smoke Crack?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

Wait what the gently caress

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Lol i forgot you could get a Rhodes for that. String him up by the ankles.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

you're confusing him with Hunter Biden, just like Hunter's dad.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Let’s not pretend “have a masters degree” necessarily makes you smart, either.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Arcella posted:

Let’s not pretend “have a masters degree” necessarily makes you smart, either.

can confirm

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I really want to see proof he speaks the languages he says he does. I don't doubt he's, say, smarter than me, but it does seem like "smart guy" is his brand and my BS alarm is just blaring on the languages thing.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

The birkenstocks version

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Best Friends posted:

I really want to see proof he speaks the languages he says he does. I don't doubt he's, say, smarter than me, but it does seem like "smart guy" is his brand and my BS alarm is just blaring on the languages thing.

On paper I "know" 4 languages. Lol

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Best Friends posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/04/pete-buttigiegs-polygot-magic/588169/

You aren't the only one asking

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Pretending to know more languages than he actually does is something that should really endear him to the common man. For instance, Trump pretends to know english.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I have a master’s degree and speak multiple languages, y’all know how dumb I am.

Didn’t join the military though.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

good.

https://twitter.com/indianz/status/1199689530401538051

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cannot wait to hear the wailing of chuds on this one

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Cannot wait to hear the wailing of chuds on this one

they'll cry out Pocahontas and call it a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/LibertyHangout/status/1200223402616860672