Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

piL posted:

Ah yes, the classic method of quantifying intelligence: democracy popularity.

I think it was more which candidate appears the most intelligent.

Which is a stupid rear end question, because all of them could appear as equally intelligent if they applied Rick Parry Smart Guy Glasses (tm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I vaguely remember something about nyc police slowing down their arrests for minor poo poo which led to a reduction in crime rates.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

LOL I went to Kennesaw State. That school is in the Atlanta suburbs. How they thought punishing the cheerleaders for that was a good idea, I'll never know

Same, and its because main campus is out in the sticks technically.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

bird cooch posted:

It's funny, if you ignore the the nobodies Twitter intro and just read the quote it sounds like somebody who's reaching out for other voters.

I mean it's Joe Biden so it's still ham-handed, but like I said if you get rid of douchebag McGee's intro paragraph it's just boring. So why are you out in the world's looking for things to make you mad? Talk about screaming into the void.

He's probably right that no party should have too much power and that there should be a loyal opposition of a sort to try to keep people honest, but those two parties are probably Democrats/Blue Dog Democrats and something like the DSA rather than Republicans and Democrats. At best it's forgetting what the Republican party has attempted to do over the last four years, at worst it's what he wants.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Mods?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

What we need is some sort of visual metaphor to round out the decade

dumpsterfire.jpeg ?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Is there anywhere that a popular right wing ultra-nationalist party hasn't gotten really popular and put in control?

What I'm saying is, in case world war 3 doesn't start and end in nukes, who will free Europe and Asia from the clutches of the USA, India, Britain , and Russia?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Eej posted:

Ah that bastion of rationality Canada, where the federal government spent billions to buy out an oil pipeline that was protested enough that the original company bailed out of the project and we close our eyes and ears to the incredibly overpriced housing market being a open money laundering racket for Chinese nationals and anyone else with sacks of cash

Just because you're dumb with money doesn't mean you're a nazi or nazi adjacent.

BigDave posted:

Whatever drugs these people are on, I want some.

You can rule out penicillin or most other antibiotics, because it's the syphilis doing it.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

The housing market... I think a large part of that is that people are afraid governmental intervention could cause a collapse.

I feel the knock on effects from having your housing market based almost entirely on chinese and russian nationals trying to hide their money from their respective home countries might be worse, but i dunno, I'm not an economist or what ever.