Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Wait, isn't buttman the polyglot and concert pianist?

That makes you seem pretty smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I was straight up told not to say it by my English friends when I lived there because "it sounds rude when a Yank says it".

Yeah, oval office is non gender specific, can apply to animals, the weather, rocks, vehicles, yourself, drat near everything. It's used casually and off handedly.

It can totally be a slur if you've got the intent behind it. It's a pretty obvious difference when you've grown up with it.

Americans always make it sound like that intent is there even if it isnt, so yeah, probably don't say it.

Edit: You would, however, never call a woman a oval office except as an insult. You just wouldn't do it unless you were looking forward to getting your head punched in. But typical casual usage of the word is not something that offends anyone in the appropriate settings, ie. don't go dropping it at a fancy wedding or at a board meeting of a fortune 500.

not caring here fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 4, 2019

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you’re not listening to the judiciary impeachment hearing, you’re missing out.

I have no idea how the republicans are gonna spin this. They are laying out everything and why and providing references.

There's gonna be no trying to go toe to toe with these experts either. Just gonna have to pull a nunes and sit there and spit out conspiracy theory twitter posts I suppose.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

god dammit i use irish spring

You should get an actual good soap.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
At Benning there was an RTB training range that got used a lot that was right by the road. One ND down the road and there was apparently some words, another ND into my old commanders Humvee driving down the road and that range didn't open back up no more.

There was also a dude at our S1 who nearly got med boarded for TBI after someone NDed a 40mm training round into his head.

There's a LOT of NDs around people who are supposed to do the majority of the shooting.

Whenever I had to carry live rounds or blanks I just never bothered chambering them. No rounds no problems.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
My wife loves her hard top convertible Miata so hard it's ridiculous.

She's definitely not a car person but she loves that thing.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

MA-Horus posted:

Noted MAGA UFC fighter Colby Covington got his jaw fractured last night by an immigrant

Immediately goes on twitter to complain about bring robbed of a victory

I don't follow mma but it took about 2 googles to find out this guy is a thorough piece of human garbage that tries to eat all that trump rear end and also to find the shot that busted his jaw and goddamn that must've felt good.

About 37 seconds in if you don't care to see mega chud super tough guy try not to sob.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

BigDave posted:

That has to be the dumbest brag ever.

What's next, "Grenada Era Veteran"?

That dude is basically chud incarnate and just reprehensible in every way, except for his ability to sacrifice jaw bone to Nigerians.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
As soon as I saw "airborne" then I knew this was gonna be a stupid mess in the worst ways possible.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Super big the closer your get to basic training units. Fuckers get out flush with more cash than they've ever had in their life and these sword people make serious money from idiots.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
USPS is loving amazing compared to a lot of overseas equivalents.

Like, so far better it's hard to describe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
In a double irony whammy, Ted Cruz immediately dropping some Benny F., the OG milf hunter.