Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What word best describes your year?
This poll is closed.
Twee 4 1.28%
Goose 34 10.90%
Strand 22 7.05%
Bowsette 115 36.86%
poo poo 46 14.74%
Kirby 31 9.94%
Sonic 14 4.49%
I told you I don't like these polls 46 14.74%
Total: 312 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hey thread! How's your year been? Better than mine I hope. Games are cool though. How about some games? This is always a slow month but there's still some good stuff.

Life is Strange 2 – Episode 5 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – December 3
Arise: A Simple Story (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – December 3
EarthNight (PC, PS4, Switch) – December 3
Saga Scarlet Grace: Ambitions (PC, PS4, Switch, Android, iOS) – December 3
Skellboy (Switch) – December 3
Simulacra (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – December 3
Farming Simulator 20 (Switch) – December 3
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – December 3
Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York (PC) – December 4
Star Ocean First Departure R (PS4, Switch) – December 5
Mosaic (PC) – December 5
Darksiders Genesis (PC, Stadia) – December 5
Assassin’s Creed: The Rebel Collection (Switch) – December 6
Ashen (PS4, Switch) – December 9
Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries (PC) – December 10
Avicii Invector (PC, Xbox One) – December 10
Hades – Steam Early Access (PC) – December 10
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Switch) – December 10
Blacksad: Under the Skin (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – December 10
Hearthstone: Descent of Dragons (PC, Mobile) – December 10
Transport Fever 2 (PC) – December 11
Jamestown Plus (PC, Switch) – December 12
Wattam (PC, PS4) – December
Superepic (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – December
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey (PS4, Xbox One) – December
Phoenix Point (PC, Xbox One) – December
Good Night, Knight – Steam Early Access (PC) – December
Shovel Knight: King of Cards (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – December
Shovel Knight Showdown (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – December
Lost Words: Beyond the Page (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – December
Tools Up (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – December

So everyone pull out that Stadia that I know we're all just crazy about and finish this year in style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

In before "HAHA HINDSIGHT IS 2020 YOU GET IT" jokes destroy the internet

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I will continue to vote Bowsette until the end of time.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
BACKLOG MOOOOOOOOOOOOONTH

i usually play a jrpg of christmas break, and i think this year it's gonna be either valkyrie profile or breath of fire 3/4

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I will continue to vote Bowsette until the end of time.

Yes but with the caveat that it's the good and proper redhead version.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Horny Contest (thread) - December

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh ashen is coming out on ps4 after all

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

Horny Contest (thread) - December

i eagerly await the results of the horny contest

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Relax Or DIE posted:

BACKLOG MOOOOOOOOOOOOONTH

i usually play a jrpg of christmas break, and i think this year it's gonna be either valkyrie profile or breath of fire 3/4

im thinking ff6 for me but let's be honest i'm probably just gonna play a poo poo ton of civ and regret it when break is over

also i don't know if you've ever played breath of fire 3 before but i played it a year ago and boy is it poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I saw "Vampire the Masquerade " on that list and got excited for a second

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress axelblaze put Kirby in a poll with Bowsette! He has discovered my one weakness :ohdear:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Decided to actually vote in the poll for once lol

Hello december chat thread people, I hope everyone's december goes well. Please keep warm!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I voted goose

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

i eagerly await the results of the horny contest

It's the last chance for everyone to up their horny score. I will be spending the entire month watching animes to really take me to the next level.

May 8, 2006

Rarity posted:

It's the last chance for everyone to up their horny score. I will be spending the entire month watching animes to really take me to the next level.

i think i'm gonna go for the hail mary of posting a lot about giantesses this month

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

i think i'm gonna go for the hail mary of posting a lot about giantesses this month
ah, the cabbagepots strategy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'll be watching animes about giantesses so check mate, mothertrucker

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
from november's thread

bushisms.txt posted:

Really depends on the game for me. The crew1 is really fun and was everything a next gen cruisn should've been. 2 was a jumbled mess, they really didn't know what they had.
what's wrong with 2? my brother seems to really like it.

Real hurthling! posted:

I like that if you dont want to be a cop you can ignore all those missions
dont think this is true. i've had no missions but the cop mission avaible a few times (which unlocked the triad mission).

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

enjoy macross

May 8, 2006

Rarity posted:

gently caress!!!

The White Dragon posted:

im thinking ff6 for me but let's be honest i'm probably just gonna play a poo poo ton of civ and regret it when break is over

also i don't know if you've ever played breath of fire 3 before but i played it a year ago and boy is it poo poo

i've never played it, no - really though vp is the frontrunner (never played it either)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

december's when i have to cram all the remaining 2019 games i have so i can put together my final ranked list

i still have a lot of apple arcade games, but also Judgment, Slay the Spire, God's Trigger, and I guess Blasphemous when humble choice is available

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The only game I really wanna play this month is Goose Game, I'm pretty okay with anything else spilling over to January and being on my 2020 list

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think this month I will buy: Wattam

May 8, 2006

i bought too many games on sales over the past week so nothing new for me this month

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Phoenix Point, Boneworks, and Mw5 for me. Should be a great month for catching up!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

<me, staring at all the games I can play> I am drowning, there is no sign of land, you are coming down with me, hand in downloadable hand

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

I'm going to fight you over this opinion

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'll post some about goty voting events later today, I enjoy keeping tabs on them.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I will buy Wattam because it looks like the perfect game to play with my kid. It's got poop, colorful objects, and explosions. What's not to like?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am sure the Crew 2 is bad but I enjoyed the Pilot Wings-style stunt plane stuff

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Grapplejack posted:

I'm going to fight you over this opinion

i'd challenge you to mandatory shisu making to advance the plot at dawn but nobody in their right mind wants to do that

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Hades is extremely good and one of Supergiant's best games - I can wholeheartedly recommend it this month when it comes out on Steam. It already has so much content that it doesn't feel Early Access at all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Very hype for this year's GOTY top 10 thread. I'm starting to get the OP together and it's going to be a banger :toot:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gonna be really silly when it's one post just saying Death Stranding 10 times in a row.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Taintrunner posted:

Gonna be really silly when it's one post just saying Deadly Standing 10 times in a row.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
I'm just reading through that blog post about Dangen being poo poo that was posted in the last thread and holy crap :stare: It's like Judd thought about all the bad things an indie publisher could be and decided 'yup, I'll be all of them!'

I was actually thinking of getting Devil Engine and Bug Fables too. Now I'm going to hold off until this gets sorted but I suspect I'll be waiting a long time for that to happen. If it ever does get sorted in the first place :smith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Every time I consider getting borderlands 3 I just think about rolling a new character in 2 instead

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

Gonna be really silly when it's one post just saying Disco Elysium 10 times in a row in the best of the decade thread.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I know I've said it every thread but this year has been amazing for games and even though I've had some sad times this year with losing my long time friends, I'm married now and happy and all in all this year has been awesome. I hope all your goonselves have found some happiness this year and some Video Games that have brought you some joy too :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Paolo fromTOKYO does a 'Day in the Life of' series about various jobs in Japan. I like it because they're nice chill looks at how Japan operates.

His recent one is on a game programmer, Masa, who works at Bandai Namco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_TxH59MclA

When they hit the library :allears: