Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for November, 2019?
This poll is closed.
:judas: Chris Jericho (AEW Champion) 39 37.14%
:stoked: Riho (AEW Women's Champion) 38 36.19%
Yuka Sakazaki (PRINCESS of PRINCESS Champion) 8 7.62%
Adam Cole (NXT Champion) 5 4.76%
:xd: HARASHIMA (KO-D Openweight Champion) 4 3.81%
:baby: Kaito Kiyomiya (GHC Heavyweight Champion) 3 2.86%
:yowie: The Fiend (WWE Universal Champion) 2 1.90%
:spooky:Sami Callihan (Impact World Champion) 2 1.90%
:nono: Bayley (Smackdown Women's Champion) 1 0.95%
:prepop: Brock Lesnar (WWE Champion) 1 0.95%
:catstare: Mayu Iwatani (World of Stardom Champion) 0 0%
:knope: None/Knope of the Above 2 1.90%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

With the AEW Champions back in the mix last October, the promotion brought complete domination with it. 75% of all votes were made for the AEW Men's and Women's Champion, with the previous month's winner Rush from Ring of Honor getting ZERO votes. Riho made a strong showing in the AEW Women's Championship's first appearance on the poll, getting over 25% of all votes, but first place went easily to Chris Jericho who had a frankly incredible month as champion (the good feelings somewhat undercut by his decision to host a monstrous piece of poo poo on his podcast earlier that month). Multiple time winner Kazuchika Okada only managed 2 votes despite a fantastic match against SANADA, and NWA Champion Nick Aldis actually managed double the votes of Okada though NWA Powerrr only made it about 5 weeks before everything blew up in their face too in the fallout from a racist comment by Jim Cornette that made the broadcast despite having weeks to edit it out. Also, after YEARS of people begging me to put the NXT Champions on the Monthly Poll, both the Men's and Women's Champions for NXT got a grand total of ZERO votes between them. I also forgot to add the Impact Champion and NOBODY noticed. Next year it may be time to reconsider some of the regular spots on the poll.

Eligible Champions are chosen on a combination of accessibility, prestige/notoriety and by overwhelming popular request. For promotions where lengthy periods of time pass with no title defenses, promos, appearances, shows etc those champions will be dropped from the poll for that period only, then return when once again relevant: this month the dropped list includes Becky Lynch, Kazuchika Okada, Kento Miyahara, Nick Aldis, Rush & Shayna Baszler - in addition, Bea Priestley, Konosuke Takeshita & Shoko Nakajima were dropped off in favor of those who beat them right at the start of the month, for space considerations. The monthly "None of the Above" option is a valid potential "winner" and has "won" the poll in the past, feel free to use this as a protest vote if you so wish.

Now onto the eligible contenders for the month just gone. Feel free to make an argument for/against any particular champion you might in this thread.

:judas: Chris Jericho (AEW Champion) - Chris Jericho's fantastic 2019 continued through November, with "Le Champion" continuing to wow audiences with his latest incarnation: a kind of modern, deranged version of his WCW personality. With title victories over Cody and Scorpio Sky (one tainted, the other largely clean) he has maintained his death-grip on the AEW Championship while making sure EVERY opponent he has faced has come out stronger than they went in. With crowds now salivating over the teased Jericho/Moxley rivalry to come, it seems we have plenty more to look forward to through at least the end of this year.

:stoked: Riho (AEW Women's Champion) - In an emotional match, Riho successfully defended her AEW Title against mentor/mother-figure Emi Sakura at Full Gear, the company's first PPV since television began, and the first PPV title defense for the Women's Champion. As always, Riho managed to get the crowd pumped up and biting on every move by the end of the battle, proving once again why she was the perfect choice for the inaugural champion of the promotion.

:yowie: The Fiend (WWE Universal Champion) - It was a rough October for Bray, who won the title from Seth Rollins at the Blood Money propaganda show WWE puts on for Saudi Arabia (where many wrestlers ended up stranded for over a day due to a pissing contest between Vince and the Crown Prince) after what was strongly considered the worst match of the year earlier in the month. Thankfully for Bray, his November opponent was old rival Daniel Bryan who once again managed to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, with Bray dominating in a way that didn't simultaneously make Bryan look cowardly or foolish, even if they were still stuck with the stupid red lighting that looks so awful on television.

:nono: Bayley (Smackdown Women's Champion) - Bayley defeated Nikki Cross to retain her title at the start of the month, and spent most of the rest of November caught up in the Survivor Series build and clashing heads with Raw and NXT Champions Becky Lynch and Shayna (particularly) respectively.

Adam Cole (NXT Champion) - Cole was arguably WWE's MVP for this month, as he was all over NXT, Raw, Smackdown, a Takeover show AND Survivor Series while also defending his belt three times, against Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins and Pete Dunne all while Tommaso Ciampa and now Finn Balor were lurking in the background. Hopefully it didn't grind him down too much, because Cole remains one of the shining lights of the current WWE scene.

:prepop: Brock Lesnar (WWE Champion) - Brock spent the month looking for revenge on Rey Mysterio for... getting revenge on Brock? Eventually he got it at Survivor Series, where despite a No Holds Barred/No DQ stipulation and the assistance of Rey's large adult son Dominic, Brock was able to pin and beat Rey Mysterio after an F5 to retain his title.

:xd: HARASHIMA (KO-D Openweight Champion) - Following Sanshiro Takagi's completely original idea (do not steal) to main event DDT's biggest show of the year with a double title match, the 45-year-old Extreme Champion showed Konosuke Takeshita that he's not quite ready to hand over the reins of DDT just yet. HARASHIMA went on to defeat Yuki Iino to retain his title three weeks later. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI

:baby: Kaito Kiyomiya (GHC Heavyweight Champion) - NOAH's champion doesn't often feature on these polls any more, but the youngest champion in their history extended his reign to a full year against his archrival Kenoh, and in the process led NOAH to an extremely successful return to Sumo Hall, drawing over 5000 fans and coming within a hair of outdrawing a stacked DDT show. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI

:catstare: Mayu Iwatani (World of Stardom Champion) - Mayu survived a deadly looking fall from the top rope to put Bea Priestley's reign as Stardom's top champion to an end. Mayu still has work to do if she wants to end the 2010s as Stardom champion however as she faces long time rival Kagetsu at the Year End Climax. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI

:spooky:Sami Callihan (Impact World Champion) - After taunting Brian Cage into getting the title shot he wanted and winning the belt in October, Callihan had to defend the belt in a rematch against Cage at the start of November and did so successfully. After that he took the belt to REVOLVER's November to Member where he successfully defended the belt against Clayton Gainz.

Yuka Sakazaki (PRINCESS of PRINCESS Champion) - In an emotional match against her best friend and former tag partner, Shoko Nakajima, Yuka Sakazaki was able to fill the legendary Sumo Hall with the sound of AYAYAYAYAYAY to ensure that she will close the year as TJPW's champion. At the big show on January 4th, she faces her first challenger in TJPW's ace, Miyu Yamashita. Thanks to GEORGE W BUSHI

:knope: None/Knope of the Above - If you look at the current list of champions and it makes you say "Knope", feel free to vote None of the Above!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Dec 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kiyomiya vs Kenoh is a must watch.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

vote

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

for Riho

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s riho’s month let’s goooo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I'm :stoked: to vote for Riho.

Jerusalem posted:

Also, after YEARS of people begging me to put the NXT Champions on the Monthly Poll, both the Men's and Women's Champions for NXT got a grand total of ZERO votes between them. I also forgot to add the Impact Champion and NOBODY noticed. Next year it may be time to reconsider some of the regular spots on the poll.

This is delicious.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
:stoked:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well goddamn, look at that, 36 votes in and Jericho and Riho are neck and neck. Exciting!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Voted Yuka :colbert:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Same, I will feel bad if Riho falls to the Judas Effect by fewer votes than Yuka got.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I would like to thank you all for the tactical vote help and also apologise to Yuka Sakazaki

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Same, I will feel bad if Riho falls to the Judas Effect by fewer votes than Yuka got.

same and same

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cretins

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Same

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yuka "Jill Stein" Sakazaki

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Unless the NXT Championship is defended on a PPV or changes hands on TV it shouldn't count in the poll. hth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Venomous posted:

Unless the NXT Championship is defended on a PPV or changes hands on TV it shouldn't count in the poll. hth

That's why Cole is on this month's (he defended the title at Survivor Series) but Shayna isn't. But I think any aired title defense is worthy of including the champ on the poll, the question is really which champs should be on the poll in the first place.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

Wasn't it on Survivor Series last month?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Wasn't it on Survivor Series last month?

Yes, I mean from here on out

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I voted for the Fiend because I wanted J-ru to put the dumb fiend belt in the picture

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Jericho, I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think unless titles are defended on $9.99 amazing value content networks they shouldn't be on the poll.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I want to vote for SCU but tag team wrestling is apparently not respected in this thread.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Jericho gave people a discount on shirts but Riho has the only good AEW shirt

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my dad told me the people who voted yuka really wanted jericho to win but don't want to be labeled for what they are. that seems like an extreme take but idk might be true

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm glad to see Riho is dominating the poll, however I'm confused why Jerusalem included her twice, once correctly and another time severely misspelled as jeRIcHO

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's about a day and a half left to vote, and currently there's only 5 votes between 1st and 2nd, don't forget to vote!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I want to vote for SCU but tag team wrestling is apparently not respected in this thread.

HulkaMatt(?) used to do a Tag Champs of the month thread but it just kind of fell off over time sadly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Current difference between Jericho and Riho: 6 votes.
Current vote total for Yuka: 6 votes.
:thunk:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also equaling 6: votes for Adam Cole (4), Bayley (1) and Fiend (1). They're the ones who made the mistake, not us :colbert:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i want to vote for yuka :(

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who is the Sami Callihan voter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

These are the last few hours to vote so don't for-

Cavauro posted:

who is the Sami Callihan voter

Well I'll be damned.... he DID get a vote :aaa:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

drat Mayu couldn't even get a single vote despite Bea getting one every month.

I'm assuming the Sami voter and the Bea voter are one and the same choosing the worst option in the poll

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A SECOND SAMI CALLIHAN VOTE HAS HIT THE POLL! :derp:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/cNgxyL5zEAk

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Awwww SONUVABITCH! :bahgawd:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i went with my heart :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Couple hours left to vote, and it is SOOOO close. Vote!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
please vote for Riho thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

juda s