Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

straight up brolic posted:

Rui Hachimura being a legitimately good basketball player is surprising

My poor friend is a Wizards fan now because of Hachimura.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Strawberry Panda posted:

He's dope.

Your friend is also dope

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Still not as embarassing as whatever the gently caress is going on in Portland.

How

DARE you

Carmelo is better than literally everyone on wherever team you are posting about. I don’t even remember because I already deleted it out of your quote and I’m just melting down and refuse to check

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Being a fan of bad teams and organizations builds character

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

zelah posted:

How

DARE you

Carmelo is better than literally everyone on wherever team you are posting about. I don’t even remember because I already deleted it out of your quote and I’m just melting down and refuse to check

To be honest, this is the first team he's been a part of that isn't requiring him to carry the majority of the offensive load while still letting him play to his strengths.

And I love him

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Olympic Melo byke

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

straight up brolic posted:

Rui Hachimura being a legitimately good basketball player is surprising

He looks good when he's using his height and length to take pop a shots over guys heads, he looks good when he's batting in lay ups. Stronger bigs tend to make him fall down, and he's a less enthusiastic rebounder than some guards on the wizards.
He sometimes shadows opposing 3-5s realy well, but sometimes he's vapor

Trapping him works really well, he can be frightened into picking up his dribble really quickly. But all in all I thought he could have been a bust, so good for him for taking advantage of washington clearing the roster so he could get a lot of minutes. Keep watching the Kevin Garnett tape

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 2, 2019

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Remember when the jazz were supposed to be the best team in the west? That was funny

i thought it was weird that people were pre-crowning them and the clippers. west seemed and still seems pretty wide open

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Digging back here but could you link the League Pass games page? I can't seem to find it.

https://watch.nba.com

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Maneck posted:

I'm happy the raptors keep winning. But even with a championship in hand, I've still got the gitters thanks to years of them doing well in the regular season but being awful in the playoffs.

They did fairly well last year when Kawhi sat during the season, so it's not like their success should be entirely unexpected. Their ceiling is obviously lower but the east looks a bit more open than I expected so they could easily do some damage in the playoffs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Changing to nurse as coach and Lebron being in LA also help

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dejan Bimble posted:

He looks good when he's using his height and length to take pop a shots over guys heads, he looks good when he's batting in lay ups. Stronger bigs tend to make him fall down, and he's a less enthusiastic rebounder than some guards on the wizards.
He sometimes shadows opposing 3-5s realy well, but sometimes he's vapor

Trapping him works really well, he can be frightened into picking up his dribble really quickly. But all in all I thought he could have been a bust, so good for him for taking advantage of washington clearing the roster so he could get a lot of minutes. Keep watching the Kevin Garnett tape
Yeah I thought he would be a bust and he’s...not

A lot of shooting upside too

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
are either or both of these videos showing up for people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKeqIbiU-xQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMAeMgqPywU

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Yeah! Both.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Both my man and also lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dokmo if you like bad dunks there was a really good one by Cabcolo in the second half of the Wolves/Grizzlies game yesterday

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Cursed image

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
News: Los Angeles Clippers forward JaMychal Green suffered a tailbone contusion after a hard fall in Sunday’s duel against Washington Wizards.

Views: I got one of these a couple months ago. Afterwards it felt something like a horseshoe crab had dug into my flesh if I attempted to bend over. Hindrance to basketball rating 2/10 with painkillers

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
@ dokmo please make a video of bad post ups to the tune of Please, Mr Postman by The Marvelettes.

It shouldn't be too hard to find examples, just watch any Knicks game.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

I guess they're 3-3 with Melo but 1 win was against OKC and the other two were against Chicago.

So uhh. I think he's playing pretty decently but maybe "Apology Form" is a bit premature.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

looks like the league has not tried to shut down my videos so far. nobody narc me out please.

also this guy is a good follow

https://twitter.com/ProHoopsHistory/status/1201532589510664193

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Why were the Sixers playing Seattle in Boston?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Your videos will probably be fine because of the low view count and you're not trying to make money off of it

E: I say this because the music you put in it will most likely get you than the nba

Metapod fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 2, 2019

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I'm not sure, I can't find any info on this. SuperSonics were an expansion franchise that year but still had decent attendance.

edit lol Wilt was 8-30 on free throws that game and 38% on 11.4 FTA/G for the season

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

dammit

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

ketchup vs catsup posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeDynon/status/1201544084038406149?s=20

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the wolves look so much worse at home and i dont think its just a schedule fluke thing i think there's something weird going on

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

zelah posted:

How

DARE you

Excuse me but Rudy Gay aint a chump
https://youtu.be/WK7lIjFsGvg

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Excuse me but Rudy Gay aint a chump
https://youtu.be/WK7lIjFsGvg

Rudy Gay got a Christian Wood Trademark SlamaJam straight to the face last night. It was brutal. Christian Wood is a bench warrior. He's the best garbage man other than Ben Simmons in the NBA (Not really but I'm pretending it's true so that I can be happy)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Wizards are the weirdest team because when you look at the numbers of their rotation players they should be okay but they're just terrible.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rick posted:

Wizards are the weirdest team because when you look at the numbers of their rotation players they should be okay but they're just terrible.

Top-five offense, worst defense in the league by far

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

morestuff posted:

Top-five offense, worst defense in the league by far

This will be fixed when superstar John Wall returns in the future, am i rite?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Zas posted:

the wolves look so much worse at home and i dont think its just a schedule fluke thing i think there's something weird going on

Yeah, it really is strange. KAT said they are really buying into the "Nobody Believes In Us!" thing when going to other courts, and while I don't usually subscribe much to that kind of stuff it seems like it's making a difference.

I mean, they are 7-2 on the road, the only better road teams are the Lakers and Bucks. Home record: 3-7, same as Chicago. Really weird to be one of the best road teams in the league and also one of the worst home teams.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

iamsosmrt posted:

The Wizards stats are almost entirely due to their league-best pace and John Wall will probably gum that up (his teams have always had middling pace iirc) so define "fix" in the proper way and you'll be right

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Lockback posted:

Yeah, it really is strange. KAT said they are really buying into the "Nobody Believes In Us!" thing when going to other courts, and while I don't usually subscribe much to that kind of stuff it seems like it's making a difference.

I mean, they are 7-2 on the road, the only better road teams are the Lakers and Bucks. Home record: 3-7, same as Chicago. Really weird to be one of the best road teams in the league and also one of the worst home teams.

Maybe the home crowd needs to stop believing in them. Just replace the logo with each opposing team as an experiment.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

iamsosmrt posted:

it will fix it in that they will no longer have a top five offense, yes

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Rudy Gay got a Christian Wood Trademark SlamaJam straight to the face last night. It was brutal. Christian Wood is a bench warrior. He's the best garbage man other than Ben Simmons in the NBA (Not really but I'm pretending it's true so that I can be happy)
Yeahhh i love christian wood. Gay's reaction to that is just further evidence that rudy gay should be the only spur over 25 we dont trade 🤣

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Yeahhh i love christian wood

:eyepop:

Gonna get a lot of mileage out of this name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

:eyepop:

Gonna get a lot of mileage out of this name
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Time to start that christian singles dating site officially sponsored by CHRISTIAN WOOD

I love Gay and Christian Wood and this post will never be quoted out of context