Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I'd rather have a Popeyes thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Icochet posted:

I wish i was in church right now

You are?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

When I was really young my Dad was laid off and the church we went to at the time told him it was his fault because he didn't give enough money to the church. I don't know exactly what happened after that but we stopped going to church and my Dad basically disavowed all forms of organized religion, despite coming from an insanely Catholic background and his sister being a nun.

My aunt is still a nun and constantly tells us that we don't need to go to church and that most organized religion in the US today is bullshit (her words) because it's been corrupted by people who preach that money = success and that need to associate the exchange of money directly with happiness. I tend to believe this and my bullshit alarms go off any time a church starts passing around a collection plate and don't just let you directly help out people who are in need.

I think it's one thing to pass around an optional collection plate/basket (at least it was optional in my old Catholic church when I was a kid), which the church (at least states) is being split between a charity or family of the week and church needs, and charging a goddamn cover charge to let you in the door like in the OP.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Do they stamp your hand so you can come back in?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
How big is the bouncer?

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I watched football in church yesterday with all the people. Lots of food. Team lost but I liked talking to people I didn't really know. It was awesome. They had a big projection screen. I was in church pretty much all day.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Jesus is the bouncer. Sometimes you don't see him when you leave the church early but that's just him carrying you out, sinner :bahgawd:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm a pastor. For :10bux: I'll send anyone to whatever afterlife they want, guaranteed.

I mean are you gonna come back and complain if I gently caress it up and put you in the wrong one? C'mon.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if i give 20 bucks can i get a combo of nirvana and unlimited back massages from voluptuous lady angels?

or is that more of the 50 dollar tier

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Mozi posted:

if i give 20 bucks can i get a combo of nirvana and unlimited back massages from voluptuous lady angels?

or is that more of the 50 dollar tier

Nah, $20 is fine for back massages. But if you wanna get down with a lady angel, you gotta talk to her about it. I'm no angel pimp (these days)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm a pastor. For :10bux: I'll send anyone to whatever afterlife they want, guaranteed.

I mean are you gonna come back and complain if I gently caress it up and put you in the wrong one? C'mon.

I'll take one ticket to Valhalla but gayer.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Just :lol: if you're over 18 and didn't say "gently caress you mom" instead of going to church.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
I was kicked out of a church on christmas eve, don't remember what for.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

JEEVES420 posted:

Were you lending money? In my church they do sting operations, like the pastor goes "psst buddy, can you lend me five bucks, i'll pay you back next week" and if you say yes, BANG, the sexton has you in a headlock and you're out on your rear end. Has happened to me twice.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the only churches i post from are the bathroom and Costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I can’t believe my mom makes me go to church.....I’m going to post about it

Sometimes I want to make a thread about growing up as a little poo poo atheist in a Jehovah's Witness family, but I bet it's been done.

JEEVES420 posted:

The clincher for me was coming home from a party with no shoes and my pubes dyed violet and no memory of how it actually happened.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 2, 2019