Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I think that's pretty hosed up they only get one paycheck. They have 2 mouths to feed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dixville posted:

I think that's pretty hosed up they only get one paycheck. They have 2 mouths to feed!

Oh yeah do they get government assistance for two kids or just one?

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

MarcusSA posted:

Oh yeah do they get government assistance for two kids or just one?

I guess if They have 2 birth certificates they should get 2. I'm assuming they would still issue 2 birth certificates for conjoined twins but I don't really know for sure. It probably doesn't come up too often

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Dixville posted:

I guess if They have 2 birth certificates they should get 2. I'm assuming they would still issue 2 birth certificates for conjoined twins but I don't really know for sure. It probably doesn't come up too often

They probably get separate birth certificates, but printed on one slightly larger piece of paper. Also, the paper gets stuck in the printer and comes out all messed up.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Same.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

klafbang posted:

They probably get separate birth certificates, but printed on one slightly larger piece of paper. Also, the paper gets stuck in the printer and comes out all messed up.

:stonklol:

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they couldnt fit them both in frame.

They didn't even try.

Seems fairly easy to guess which is the more popular head. (Man, that's a weird sentence to use)

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Shut up Meg posted:

They didn't even try.

Seems fairly easy to guess which is the more popular head. (Man, that's a weird sentence to use)

It's pretty :smith: that their school email address doesn't have both of their names.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

klafbang posted:

Oh gently caress lol

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Colonel Cancer posted:

At the same time? I mean they got 2 heads

You know how classrooms sometimes have those doors that connect them to the room next door?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

klafbang posted:

I'm in awe

AutumnDDP2
Nov 11, 2018

We all have to think about things sometimes. I guess.

CPL593H posted:

You know how classrooms sometimes have those doors that connect them to the room next door?

Rick and Morty clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q8k4PfsjHk

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

every weekday morning

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shut up Meg posted:

They didn't even try.

apparently they both have two boyfriends or some poo poo. so idk how that works.

how i feel at work everyday.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Every time I see those girls mentioned somewhere my first thought is "That must be so awkward never being able to take a poo poo by yourself.". do they look away from each other or is it such a mundane fact of life to them that they don't even notice and they have conversations or are just whatever about it and they both read stuff on their phones at the same time. Also they have separate digestive tracts so what if one of them has to get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom while the other is in a dead sleep?

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

CPL593H posted:

Every time I see those girls mentioned somewhere my first thought is "That must be so awkward never being able to take a poo poo by yourself.". do they look away from each other or is it such a mundane fact of life to them that they don't even notice and they have conversations or are just whatever about it and they both read stuff on their phones at the same time. Also they have separate digestive tracts so what if one of them has to get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom while the other is in a dead sleep?

Considering they've never in their life taken a poo poo without their twin attached to them I figure they are pretty used to it. I think it would be fascinating to sit in on one of their classes. I couldn't imagine being a fourth grader, and not being constantly distracted by my two headed teacher.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
did anyone post start the reactor?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

peanut posted:

:3: :3: :3: They're teaching 4th and 5th grade math :3: :3: :3:

Yeah, that's super great :3:

Maybe the teaching job is only one of them? Like, the other's working on a novel or running an Etsy shop.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Considering they've never in their life taken a poo poo without their twin attached to them I figure they are pretty used to it. I think it would be fascinating to sit in on one of their classes. I couldn't imagine being a fourth grader, and not being constantly distracted by my two headed teacher.

What's even wilder is how they haven't had a TLC deal yet

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

kazr posted:

What's even wilder is how they haven't had a TLC deal yet

They have. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_%26_Brittany

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

quote:

They intensely dislike being stared at or photographed by strangers while going about their private lives.

quote:

The twins appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show on April 8 and April 29, 1996. During the same month, they were featured on the cover of Life under the caption "One Body, Two Souls", and their daily lifestyle was described in the article, "The Hensels' Summer".[10] Life followed up with another story in September 1998. In 2002, they appeared in Joined for Life, a TV documentary by Advanced Medical Productions, distributed on the Discovery Health Channel[11] and a 2003 follow-up, Joined at Birth.[12]

In 2003, an updated story of them at age 11 (filmed in 2001) was published in Time and again in Life. ABC TV also did a documentary called "Joined For Life".[13][14]

A UK television special in 2005 as part of the series Extraordinary People.[15] In 2006, Advanced Medical made another documentary, Joined for Life: Abby & Brittany turn 16,[16] that discusses their adolescence, school, social life, and activities such as getting their driver's licenses.[6]

The twins starred in the reality TV show Abby & Brittany that started in August 2012.[1] Abby and Brittany: Joined for Life was shown by the BBC in the UK in May 2013, and covers the period from their finishing college to starting a part-time teaching job.[17]

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Colonel Cancer posted:

At the same time? I mean they got 2 heads

They teach in a sort of Goofus and Gallant type of way.

"Goofus teaches math like this. Gallant teaches math like that."

Although I feel no one in that class is going to learn anything. Just 25 kids with thousand yard stares for a year.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

What if one of them wants to go to a movie or something and the other is like "That looks fuckin' terrible, I'm not going!"? Do they have to buy two tickets? There's two people but they're only going to take up one seat.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I've never seen an elderly pair of conjoined twins.

Weird.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

LadyPictureShow posted:

It's pretty :smith: that their school email address doesn't have both of their names.

Based on the photo and the e-mail address I suspect actually just one of them does the teaching or most of it. I don't want to underestimate people's stupidity, but it would be hard to gently caress up the presentation so bad, so I think it's more likely deliberate.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its crazy to even think of separating them. they'll walk eventually like that with enough leg training. split em up and the'll each have one leg and be uncomfortable all the time sitting on half an rear end

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

The hansel twins are interesting because as children they were very adamant that they were two separate people but as they got older they have started referring to themselves as a collective 'I' and often talk in unison. The line between 'we are twins stuck at the spinal cord' and 'I am a two headed person' seems very blurred with them. Unfortunately, they refuse to acknowledge any interviews or questions that come up about it, it seems their whole life they and their family have been trying extremely hard to make them as normal and milquetoast as any other person from the midwest and how dare you even suggest they are anything but normal people?

Like, come on, you guys are extremely not normal and that's part of what makes you so interesting. I wish they would be less guarded with their interviews, I want to know how they are able to do things like drive and walk. Each head controls that side of the body, so is it a telepathic sort of communication that allows them to work on tandem? They dont have to speak outloud to let the other know 'okay I am going to turn the steering wheel this way now' or 'okay time to shift the weight onto this foot so we dont bust our rear end while we walk.'

DamnitGannet fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 8, 2019

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

One of God's little fuckups miracles :)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MorgaineDax posted:

https://www.moundsviewschools.org/sunnysidefifthgrade They're grade school teachers, and they only get one paycheck!

That’s some bullshit! They’ve got two brains!

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

DamnitGannet posted:

The hansel twins are interesting because as children they were very adamant that they were two separate people but as they got older they have started referring to themselves as a collective 'I' and often talk in unison. The line between 'we are twins stuck at the spinal cord' and 'I am a two headed person' seems very blurred with them.

See the school knows whats up. Stinking two headed freeloader trying to collect two pay checks. We know its just you in there controlling everything Britney!

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Although I feel no one in that class is going to learn anything. Just 25 kids with thousand yard stares for a year.

You'd have to learn stuff, because there's no way you could get away with anything. One of them would be looking down marking tests or reading from slides, but the other is always watching the class. Two-head teacher would be neat for the first week until you find out you can never text in class again.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
I am curious how they behave in situations where one of them engages with a another person, but the other does not need to. Say discussing a film that one likes and the other is entirely disinterested in.

Does the second one join in, nod along or listen to music on their Ipod?

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Shut up Meg posted:

I am curious how they behave in situations where one of them engages with a another person, but the other does not need to. Say discussing a film that one likes and the other is entirely disinterested in.

Does the second one join in, nod along or listen to music on their Ipod?

I bet they never have that problem. I could be totally wrong but I'd guess that living literally attached to another person, and experiencing every single thing the other does probably lead to them being almost identical in thoughts and feeling toward things like movies. Also I would think that if one is feeling pleasure fear anxiety, or whatever the other would be feeling the same thing because they share so much of their nervous, and vascular systems.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Smiling Mandrill posted:

I bet they never have that problem. I could be totally wrong but I'd guess that living literally attached to another person, and experiencing every single thing the other does probably lead to them being almost identical in thoughts and feeling toward things like movies. Also I would think that if one is feeling pleasure fear anxiety, or whatever the other would be feeling the same thing because they share so much of their nervous, and vascular systems.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I wish they would talk about in their interviews. No one cares about your trip to Paris or whatever, we wanna know how your weird body works!!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I’m not liking this thread.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'm getting some major lawlz out of this thread. I too want to know the ins and outs of their anatomical inner workings but they should also be left alone.

As for the poor children in the op, their mom is a very common form of monster, and my opinion or hot take won't change the fact that they will have a short and painful life, and the mother is to blame

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

What does your other head think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

When you think about it, you could gleane some really useful insights into the human psyche that you could never learn in any other way.

Just having two people growing up and sharing exactly the same experiences is unique, let alone the fact that you have two brains that share the same dna could tell you reams about being a human.