Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

heeheex2 posted:

lmao wtf i meant they're all on mcc

Reach wasn’t. Just 1-4 and odst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Is there any difference between Reach on the MCC and just playing the 360 Reach since it’s BC?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

Reach wasn’t. Just 1-4 and odst.

Apparently it was added this year and I’m a dummy.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Is there any difference between Reach on the MCC and just playing the 360 Reach since it’s BC?

Enhanced graphics settings (seems like just draw distance) and I guess new matchmaking/netcode stuff

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Started playing the Reach campaign... pretty good, bringing back some major Halofeels from college

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I hate the campaign of these games but I'm fairly hype about playing the multiplayer drunk.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Having fun with the reach campaign 4p co-op with the skull that pops you back to a checkpoint when someone dies. It kind of felt like we were just meandering forward until we turned that on

The vs is fun too but I prefer the modes where you don't start with the battle rifle.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
The launcher on Xbox gsmepass doesn't start the game lmaooo the link is broken

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lmaooooooo word.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Just tried co-op and there's 2 seconds of lag because of internet play peer to peer. As expected the lag isn't present on local network

Master Queef Collection

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
My friend Pedro just dropped on gamepass so I'm less mad

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

SpaceAceJase posted:

The launcher on Xbox gsmepass doesn't start the game lmaooo the link is broken

If this happens to anyone else, I had to go to downloads and there's a 10 MB Halo Reach profile needed before it can start.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

firefight is the best multiplayer mode. are people going back to it? Last year when I picked it up again there was no one playing it.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Over There posted:

If this happens to anyone else, I had to go to downloads and there's a 10 MB Halo Reach profile needed before it can start.

managed to get it launching from the Start Menu shortcut, the Xbox Console Companion front-end, and GOG Galaxy 2.0. xbox gamepass app does not work

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

shouldf i buy the MCC on PC

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

the only halo i ever played was halo 2 on xbox but i rememeber it being reall bitchin

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

shouldf i buy the MCC on PC

Game Pass dude

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

you can get that on pc too?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

you can get that on pc too?

Yeah

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Halo? Outer worlds?? Dishonored 2?>??> I thought this would be like the ps+ garbage but this is incredible

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Over There posted:

Thank you Xbox Game Pass

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Halo? Outer worlds?? Dishonored 2?>??> I thought this would be like the ps+ garbage but this is incredible

they also pretty routinely give it out for a dollar, it's obscene

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got 3 months for $1 and I'm playing Outer Worlds and Halo Reach. It's awesome

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got 3 months for $1 and I'm playing Outer Worlds and Halo Reach. It's awesome

Slay the Spire should be on there too

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

👆 That's right

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Oh word? Good thing I didn't end up buying it on Switch lol.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh word? Good thing I didn't end up buying it on Switch lol.

i mean, if it gets its hooks in you, you’ll still end up buying it on switch. game loving owns

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff posted:

they also pretty routinely give it out for a dollar, it's obscene

A few months ago they did a promotion where you could spend a dollar to upgrade your remaining XBL Gold time to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 so I redeemed my excess store points to get three years of Gold before doing it :cool:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Playing through these games makes me realize that the one thing missing from Destiny that really kills it for me is the lack of fun vehicle levels. Some of the best parts of Halo games are the missions where you and your buddies are driving around in warthogs and scorpion tanks and banshees and stuff and there’s essentially none of that in Destiny. The main storyline of Destiny 2 has one level where you drive a Cabal tank for a few minutes and that’s the only one I can remember.... There isn’t any real equivalent to the warthog at all in either Destiny and that just really blows.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I guess Bungie decided to ditch having a few dozen unique weapons with their own diverse roles in favor of grinding the same few weapon types, and throw out fun exciting vehicle segments in favor of grinding the same few weapon types, and scrap consistently good memorable level design in favor of grinding the same few weapon types, and get rid of friendly AI units in favor of grinding the same few weapon types, and have a compelling universe with characters that aren’t just Marvel Cinematic Joss Whedon a Universe quip quip quipsters in favor of grinding the same few weapon types.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah the only vehicles that feel good to ride and fleshed out in Destiny are the sparrows but they're basically WoW mounts, just something you use for traversal out of combat. Every other pilotable vehicle basically feels like it was programmed for a 5 minute turret setpiece

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

A few months ago they did a promotion where you could spend a dollar to upgrade your remaining XBL Gold time to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 so I redeemed my excess store points to get three years of Gold before doing it :cool:

they're already selling the consoles at a loss and are basically giving away all the games. i think it's just part of the long game of having microsoft be relevant next gen because theres no loving way theyre making money off this lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
bill gates is using his billions to subsidize gamers

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the destiny vehicle might as well be a rascal

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I guess Bungie decided to ditch having a few dozen unique weapons with their own diverse roles in favor of grinding the same few weapon types, and throw out fun exciting vehicle segments in favor of grinding the same few weapon types, and scrap consistently good memorable level design in favor of grinding the same few weapon types, and get rid of friendly AI units in favor of grinding the same few weapon types, and have a compelling universe with characters that aren’t just Marvel Cinematic Joss Whedon a Universe quip quip quipsters in favor of grinding the same few weapon types.

God this is so loving true it’s sad. The game could be so much fun if it didn’t require a crew of six to do the end game content, with the only alternative being grinding our exotic weapon ”quests” which is the most tedious content in the game.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Lumpy the Cook posted:

you can still do this. load up on XBL gold time, then do the $1 thing, all that time gets converted to gamepass ultimate time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

people are going to be apocalyptically pissed when gamepass inevitably turns off in 2 years

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

But what a great years it was.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Why’d they remove the “If they came to hear me beg...” cheevo? That one was a lot of fun to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Why’d they remove the “If they came to hear me beg...” cheevo? That one was a lot of fun to get.

That was a pain in the rear end but i agree with you.