Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I want to write stories with a similar aesthetic to this game, so this will probably be a good lesson on how not to do it. I also vote for Female Clever Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Callistege and the Cult seem like the more interesting options to me, too.

agradine posted:

See, this is what I actually enjoy about the setting; it's completely bonkers, off-the-wall, everything-you-could-think-of-and-many-things-you-couldn't weirdness that you just couldn't get with a more coherent and structured setting. I like that not only will you not know what's coming next, you'd have absolutely no way to even guess based on past experiences. If the setting has an underlying motif, and I'd argue it does, it's wonder and discovery (it's not for nothing that the 1.5/2e revised core rulebook is called Numenara: Discovery).

I can sympathize with this approach, but the problem with it is that the mystique and wonder and discovery can't last forever and it would help a lot if there's something else under the surface to hold a story together. I guess that's up to a DM to provide when you play the game on tabletop?

agradine posted:

Early-game Proper-Nouning is basically par for the course for fish-out-of-water games like these. You will learn about all of these things over the course of the game and how they piece together to build a surprisingly coherent story.

What's the best way to avoid overloading the audience with jargon when introducing weird secondary worlds like this one? Asking for a friend.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I'm catching up to this thread again after a long absence, so all I know regarding the party vote is that I want to see Rhin's story through to the end.