Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Moxley Get the Next Title Match?
This poll is closed.
Yes! 17 16.50%
No 14 13.59%
No, but he will challenge at the next PPV 72 69.90%
Total: 103 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont like SCU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

oh but seriously I posted:

put the belt on jungle jack perry but for the love of god do not let him talk

Yeah, I cheered when he talked and all but make sure that's a rare thing, let Luchasaurus handle the promos for him.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

They seem to be presenting BBB and MJF as separate foes for Cody, like BBB being the short term feud and also slow building to whatever goofy stip of 'if MJF wins he gets Cody's house and also can be Maxwell Jacob Rhodes if he wants' at the PPV.

the cuck angle, but its MJF sleeping in Cody's truck.

truck cuck

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

big black turnout posted:

Yeah that was a good match

I'll rewatch it sometime.

DoctorGonzo posted:

I dont like SCU

I didn't like them at first, now I'm okay with them. One of the less interesting teams though.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah, I cheered when he talked and all but make sure that's a rare thing, let Luchasaurus handle the promos for him.

it's a wild world where the big man in a dinosaur mask does the talking for his smaller unmasked partner

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I did like that Jericho's list is basically him telling the truth as well. Like, he's probably not wrestling Darby, Omega or AJ Styles this year.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Alaois posted:

it's a wild world where the big man in a dinosaur mask does the talking for his smaller unmasked partner

Kane was always a better promo than X-Pac

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

I dont like SCU

I don't like U

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Alaois posted:

do not be constrained by the ways of the past just do whatever works the world is full of infinite possibilities

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Episode highlights:

- Dustin getting to do his "hold up, I'm tired' comedy spot. When Private Party did it, it was a "play along because it's funny" thing that would works in the indies, but it makes total sense for Sammy Guevara, the relative newbie, to get really confused and ask the ref if he's allowed to do that, unwittingly giving Dustin the time to execute the joke. Beautiful.
- Luchasaurus going with the fake-out roar. Of course, Jungle Boy is going to lose to Jericho, but Jericho is going to make him look amazing in the process.
- Kris Statlander is incredible. Being a wrestling outsider works to her advantage too, since she can make stuff up and look completely unique as a result.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

do not be constrained by the ways of the past just do whatever works the world is full of infinite possibilities

i'm not saying it's the wrong thing to do because Luchasaurus is a good talker its just funny.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gaz-L posted:

They seem to be presenting BBB and MJF as separate foes for Cody, like BBB being the short term feud and also slow building to whatever goofy stip of 'if MJF wins he gets Cody's house and also can be Maxwell Jacob Rhodes if he wants' at the PPV.

Well, that MJF promo that aired on Twitter (but not on the show? Seriously AEW?), MJF said he paid 3B to attack Cody, and because Cody said 3B could choose his partner, in reality, that meant MJF could choose his partner.

But holy poo poo:

Gaz-L posted:

goofy stip of 'if MJF wins he gets Cody's house and also can be Maxwell Jacob Rhodes if he wants' at the PPV.

That would be INCREDIBLE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Brandi is a really good promo and it is straight up insane how incredibly attractive she looks in that dress, like holy poo poo, seriously, what the gently caress, but that segment with her was weird and went nowhere. I hope this leads to Kris and Shida against Kong or something.

Rest of the show was great. The amount of good-to-great matches they packed into two hours of TV while also having a bunch of promos and vignettes was just delightful.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

IcePhoenix posted:

posting this again because lol the way twitter categorized them

I do wonder if Twitter trends to looked at by TNT to grade AEW. I'd hope so these days or any program.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Toru Yano got the low blow over as a face move and Pentagon Jr is going to take it the next level as the ultimate baby face finisher

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

This episode of Dynamite absolutely slapped.
~ Shida/Statlander was the match of the night in a night where every match was a banger, even the one where Chris Daniels badly botched the moonsault.
~ Cody is really starting to evoke some mixed feelings in me. He may have taken the wrong page from his dad's handbook IRT booking the world to revolve around him as the top face but HOLY poo poo HE IS SO loving GOOD AT IT! I also love stealth nerd Cody with the Hylian shield keychain and the iron man socks.
~ Jericho getting a pop for THE LIST then immediately shutting it down is why he's making headway on the GOAT argument. Even if you want to argue Shawn is still the GOAT Jericho has been able to keep himself fresher longer.
~ 0-6(?) Jungle Boy being able to keep the crowd hype AF for him is incredible.
~ Dustin trying to keep up with the Bucks was awesome.
~ Back when we were watching Nitro I remember watching World War III and seeing Juvi try and fail to do a double rope jump rana. I'm really wondering if Fenix could hit that spot.
~ Did the Dark Order eat that poor fat man? Because that kinda does a running leap from 'wrestling' over 'sports entertainment' and winds up smack dab in the middle of 'Telanovela'. Poor friendless fat man.
~ The Brandi segment is the only whiff of the night. Should have just ended in a Stat/Kong brawl but either you're showing Kong as mortal or you're clowning Statlander after her star-making win.
~ We talk about horny a lot IRT AEW but it's all booty. As a breast man I feel left out. So I would like to thank Brandi for filling that gap.
~ The more I think it the more I think the only real misfire of the B&B&B debut was Excalibur calling it like they were established characters. That's what turned it into a meme.
~ Why the gently caress did I have to fight back tears at the 'Dusty is Proud of You' sign?

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 5, 2019

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

I'm surprised Cody's partner, chosen FOR him, wasn't Wardlow.

Which ones?

Hasn't been reported yet.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Man, I really like the shows and am having a great time, but things like Brandi/Kong and MJF's promo not being on the air and MJF's promo and the BBB promo contradicting each other are some storytelling problems they've gotta get better on.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

NienNunb posted:

I can't argue this week, I wasn't on my A-game. I didn't deserve to be poster of the week. I'll concede this loss

dont give up friend, i will give you my power!!

also thanks for the honor of being STRONG STYLE POST LADY OF THE WEEKE

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I enjoyed the Dragon Gate trios match on American TV.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i really, really wish they would devote more time to character building

shuffling it off to youtube and twitter is NOT working

i need to know why these people are important ON the show

they got a little better this week but i am annoyed!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ChrisBTY posted:

~ Did the Dark Order eat that poor fat man? Because that kinda does a running leap from 'wrestling' over 'sports entertainment' and winds up smack dab in the middle of 'Telanovela'. Poor friendless fat man.

This is what I want. Serious sport-type wrestling program OR completely loving insanity. Either or, no middle ground.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Dimebags Brain posted:

I enjoyed the Dragon Gate trios match on American TV.

no one ran train so it was only half DG

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I don’t think they ate him, it looked like some kind of ritual beating/mutilation. Y’know, normal pro wrestling stuff

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

I don’t think they ate him, it looked like some kind of ritual beating/mutilation. Y’know, normal pro wrestling stuff

im sure theres more to the story coming

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i feel like this show is still in a larval state, they're learning a ton every week but there are a lot of rough edges. in 6 months or a year i can only imagine how loving hype they'll be.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Not going to lie, the saga of the Fat Lonely Guy in the Dark Order vids is my favorite on going story in all of wrestling right now.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Who was Cody referring to in WWE when he said the Crossrhodes is botched on two channels now

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

MJeff posted:

This is what I want. Serious sport-type wrestling program OR completely loving insanity. Either or, no middle ground.

Give me lucha underground level storytelling

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

MJeff posted:

aew is magical realist

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Jericho said Marty

Broke: Scurll
Woke: Jannetty
SMOKE: THE MOTH

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

big black turnout posted:

Give me lucha underground level storytelling

I just kind of assume that all wrestling exists in the LU universe, and most promotions just make a point of Trying to keep out crazy magic people.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

I just kind of assume that all wrestling exists in the LU universe, and most promotions just make a point of Trying to keep out crazy magic people.

i miss drago and the hunter guy gently caress i cant remember his name now

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Zyla posted:

Sadly King Cuerno joined the circus

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Zyla posted:

When I watched LU I decided that King Cuerno was the guy I was going to cheer for. King Cuerno owned.

What I’m saying is find some way to get King Cuerno into AEW

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

CarlCX posted:

Man, I really like the shows and am having a great time, but things like Brandi/Kong and MJF's promo not being on the air and MJF's promo and the BBB promo contradicting each other are some storytelling problems they've gotta get better on.

I am willing to accept B&B&B accepting the bounty because they wanted to destroy Cody anyway.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Zyla posted:

i really, really wish they would devote more time to character building

shuffling it off to youtube and twitter is NOT working

i need to know why these people are important ON the show

they got a little better this week but i am annoyed!

it's really brain dead to not run that mjf promo on the show. take 2 minutes and show this poo poo. show pip promos when people are on their way to the ring. lord almighty. it's the only thing that's annoying me about aew

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zyla posted:

It doesn't matter what his name is because he's in WWE now so a year from now he'll be unmasked and trading boring wins with someone else to try and become the next Rey Mysterio.

ChrisBTY posted:

I am willing to accept B&B&B accepting the bounty because they wanted to destroy Cody anyway.

I also would put forth that MJF might just be a liar taking credit for stuff he had nothing to really do with.

But its also not a time sensitive bit of information so I think people are overreacting to it not being on Dynamite. There was no real down time in the episode and it has the same affect a week from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

The Lord of Hats posted:

When I watched LU I decided that King Cuerno was the guy I was going to cheer for. King Cuerno owned.

What I’m saying is find some way to get King Cuerno into AEW

I'm so sorry to tell you this, but Cuerno was diagnosed with a terminal case of Signed By The Fed about a month ago.