Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Anime.

It's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

What's the one with giant robots n poo poo

Power Rangers

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It could be argued that Rick and Morty is an Isekai.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Skypie posted:

It's about a 14 or 15 year old girl who was a war orphan and then trained as a child soldier. After the war ends, she's lost both her arms which were replaced with robotic prosthetics.

Haven't seen this but let me guess. Does it do the anime thing were one of the central themes that just goes on and on and on is how losing the limbs is SO bad and SO awful and just literally the worst thing to ever happen. But the whole time the robot prosthetics are obviously superior in every way and in fact literally used to save the main character and/or loved one's lives, in a situation where they would have died without them.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Dude you unironically suggested that a bunch of 30+ year old people watch a cartoon that stars a 14 year old child soldier. Do you honestly not understand even a little bit how that might seem weird at best and downright creepy at worst?

That's what Beasts of No Nation was and it was not anime and it was a good movie made for adults.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

PinheadSlim posted:

So I did a quick Google search and Skypie is leaving out the part where the 29 year old superior officer falls in love with 14 year old her, and reunites with her at the very end of the show. He might have even fallen in love with her when she was even younger, because she was ten years old when they first met. But he definitely confesses his love when he thinks he's dying, and again she's 14 years old.

smh at this baka gaijin disparaging the noble culture of mystic Nippon.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Labes for days posted:

I have enjoyed many an anime but it absolutely has a problem with sexualizing children, misogyny, and racism. That’s why I don’t watch much of it these days. Still, I will never understand why they choose teenagers instead of adults to tell their stories okay i understand but don’t want to understand that pedo creeps are everywhere

Anime more like problematime

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Icochet posted:

Yo op can you add a poll:
A) anime is good
B) anime is bad

And no drat Goku option

Let's get this sorted.

A vote for Goku is a vote for anime.

It always has been.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Rad-daddio posted:

Can someone explain why they names seasons of anime differently?

Like, there will be a show called "Harachu Race" for instance, and then next season it's called "Harachu no Gochu" and then after that it'll be called "Harachu Standalone Complex".

pls explain

no why

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I like anime and I say the Fate franchise is unintelligible nonsense. It's just a series absurd contrivances designed to weakly explain why a bunch of characters are doing over the top Anime Things that other characters then have dramatic reactions to.

Also it inspires a lot of hentai.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Caesar Saladin posted:

I like Mob Psycho more than One Punch Man, its got more heart

Mob Psycho is real great and it's hilarious that the name makes you think it's about a deranged slasher or something. But "Mob" is just the main character's name, and "psycho" is a weird way of saying "psychic".

The show is basically "Psychic Steve".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SubnormalityStairs posted:

Inspires hentai? My dude, it started its life as hentai. The only reason they made any non-hentai is because the hentai was incredibly commercially successful.

:eyepop:

You learn something new every day!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh my good lord.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

oh yikes apparently me liking Fate started A Thing

the thing is you really have to ignore literally anything not directly called Fate/stay night or Fate/zero. if it does not have "stay night" or "zero" after the slash, it's at best not meant for normal people and at worst outright loving garbage. most of the negative perceptions of the series as being "HISTORICAL FIGURES, NOW WITH BIG TITS AND/OR AS CHILDREN IN STRIPPER CLOTHES" comes from the god-awful spinoffs. (i'm still loving mad at Apocrypha for thinking that Jack the Ripper design was in any way, shape, or form okay.)

the main canon of the series, which as far as anime is concerned is currently Fate/zero -> Unlimited Blade Works -> Heaven's Feel, has precisely one gender-swapped historical figure, who wears full plate armor for 95% of the story (because she's King Arthur). it also has no children in stripper clothes. actually most of the historical figures are dudes, even.

instead, in Fate/zero, you get one of the most entertaining protagonists i've ever seen, a guy who chooses to fight in Wizard Highlander using the incredible magical powers of "having a big fuckin' gun" and "being willing to shoot people with his big fuckin' gun." at one point, one of the other jackass wizards sets up all these stupid traps in a hotel, and the show makes it look like the protag's gonna have to fight his way up to the top floor The Raid-style... and then it just cuts to the protag in a parking garage, holding a detonator and casually smoking a cig. he then presses the button and the whole loving building collapses on rear end in a top hat Wizard. because Emiya Kiritsugu is a stone cold motherfucker among stone cold motherfuckers.

Look at this post. LOOK AT IT.

This guy is for real.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is this thread a honeypot or what

I don't think it was originally, but LORD OF BOOTY is determined to make it one by offering himself as the first sacrifice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The main issue with Fate is not that it's horny, but rather that it's cliche-ridden trash. It is badly written and stupid.

Yes, relevant to other anime.