Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I don't know if 30 Netflix Animes is proof of anything. Netflix anime is pretty bad.

Except the one where three teenagers take on Mexico's drug cartels with the power of Kung Fu. That one's good. There's Drug Vampires and a Witch who keeps a dude in line by triggering his war flashbacks. Is that one an anime or just a cartoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Miserable Maid posted:

I never got the weird Goon hatred for anime. Especially since we're in Star Wars/Warhams/

Excuse me. I also really hate Warhammer. I mean a lot.

Goddamn embarrassing-rear end, derivative bullshit. It's the dumpster in the alley that sits between sci-fi and fantasy. They just take the old, used up trash out and play with it. You can still see all the name brands because they didn't even bother to paint over them. Even Warcraft, the Warhammer ripoff, changed some things. Not the original-brand Warhams, though, no sir. Can't even be bothered to make up their own chaos symbol. There's your Heinleins, and your Asimov's Foundation, and your Alien, and you can bet your rear end there's Moorcock. They just threw it all in one pot and started eating it. And then they forgot it started as some kind of parody and all the fascism was supposed to be Bad and Grim and Sad.

And they just won't shut up about how awesome they think it is.