Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
Been on and off this game for a couple months. Didn't even consider looking up guides. Joined the Kingdom as duderclese. Level 42 right now. Guess I'll go read up what I'm doing wrong, lol.

Edit: worst page snipe.

Duderclese fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
I'm about to hit 100, going melee warrior type, should I pick up adept next? Currently running battle master, have all the first and second tier classes.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Silly Newbie posted:

I'm about to hit 100, going melee warrior type, should I pick up adept next? Currently running battle master, have all the first and second tier classes.

Adept is going to feel like your darkest days, the tier change at 100 is intense, and adept is honestly just not a great class. I actually went back to battle master until like 115, simply because the best gear I had was mage.

It's a prerequisite for a really good class, majestic is fantastic in comparison. When you have the orns together you'll want to go back and do whatever you have to to get druid as well though, they have some of the best buffs in the game.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Sweet, thanks for the advice. I'm just going to buckle down and bear through it, shouldn't be too long. Just built myself a blacksmith too, so I can upgrade gear as I go.

One other question, what should I be looking for with pets? My dog does nothing, currently, and shops have 3* at best.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Typical pets for melee is wisp and then twilight wisp. I don't have much experience in others but those ones heal you.

I went dragoon and that has an awesome spell to one shot pretty much anything around your level.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
Joined Kingdom as Nosthula.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Wisp is *godly* for sustaining your way through fights at times. The second you can snatch one up, you really should.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
So what's the deal with the guys on the leaderboard?

Is it just a bunch of guys spoofing their GPS or are there really guys travelling across the country for this?

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
You know how some people travel for work so much that they build a tiny, tiny, miniscule pc to play games in their hotel room?

These fuckers play orna in their rental car instead.

I'm torn between picking up druid now to have the buffs, or saving another 75k orns for blademaster. Just hit 150, kinda under-geared so it takes a couple hits for every monster of the new tier right now. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Just hit 125, currently getting absolutely mutilated by frost trolls and high draconians, as expected.
The problem I'm running into is that the gear they're dropping isn't as good as what I currently have, which is mostly starlord and holiday stuff, along with a 6* woodblade I lucked into.
Should I wait for legendary/ornate high draconians stuff and upgrade that, or continue to upgrade what I have?
Currently top hat, famed meteor armor, legendary solar boots, ornate bone shield.
Currently adept, like 10k orns from dragoon or majestic.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
28 as a fighter and the tier jump is brutal.

Oh, also the fact that I have gotten a grand total of one loving drop, a cloak, that I can use. Stop giving me thief and mage poo poo holy hell.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
^^Just wait til you hit 100. That tier change was painful as gently caress, and I had decent gear for it.

Silly Newbie posted:

Just hit 125, currently getting absolutely mutilated by frost trolls and high draconians, as expected.
The problem I'm running into is that the gear they're dropping isn't as good as what I currently have, which is mostly starlord and holiday stuff, along with a 6* woodblade I lucked into.
Should I wait for legendary/ornate high draconians stuff and upgrade that, or continue to upgrade what I have?
Currently top hat, famed meteor armor, legendary solar boots, ornate bone shield.
Currently adept, like 10k orns from dragoon or majestic.

Keep piling on Scruggs. A good top hat, booties, and weapon are the best you'll get for a long while. I've really liked majestic so far, it's worlds better than adept.

I'm not a fan of the monster drops in your tier, there isn't really anything compelling there outside of continuing to search for the troll boss and hoping for a pair of good necklaces.

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 23, 2019

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Hey good work, we are kingdom level 3 now. Now theres another raid boss you won't be able to hit and you'll get one shotted from. Might have some good gear though!

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
My friend has joined as Stinky Carl.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Cool.. all are welcome. I am kicking the inactives after 3 days but they are more than welcome back too.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So, didn't see this in the OP, but there is an option to have the monster levels appear on the world map without clicking every one of them. Enabling that is good and I'm super glad I did it. Built a store at my home and it makes things sooooo much faster. Saving up for battlemaster next and then I'm gonna go back and build everything else

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Been playing this about a week and I'm at 86
Started as Mage, then unlocked Archmage and took Apprentice as specialization...is that the recommended way? To just go all in on a type? Or should I do a melee specialization to get myself better physical stats?

Another question:
Anyone else have a quest bug where you meet the requirements but it doesn't recognize it? I have Hermes' Revenge to kill a Bandit Lord, and have liked at least 5 but it still says 0. I have one that had been spawning at my house the past day and I keep killing him but it's not counting...does it have to be in the same area as Hermes'?

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
I'll add that to the OP.

And it doesn't really matter which route you take. You'll eventually figure out what playstyle you want and go from there. You can't really make a mistake that can't be corrected with time and grinding. And yeah I have a bug similar to that with an NPC.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Is there any way to reset the creatures around your home base? I've been grinding pretty hard almost all day and I'm up to level 90, but I've got like four level 95-100 berserk mobs that just gently caress me sideways if I even step in to the ring with them. Some of them I do literally zero damage to. There is no way I will be able to beat them for a very, very long time.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
The only way to do a reset of them is to use an affinity candle. Unfortunately this spawns even harder monsters. You kinda gotta just keep trying to kill them until you gear up. Sleep dart can work wonders.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I just installed this last night and worked my way up to level 10. I finished the first main quest (kill 10 blue slimes or something) and it gave me enough XP to jump to level 18. I certainly didn't expect that kind of progression!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I installed this game and found a legendary claymore which boosted my hits from 5 to 70

Playing as Fortior

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Dec 30, 2019

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Early progression goes really fast. And finding gear in that time is important.

He released a patch today:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
There's not a lot of stuff around my new apartment, sadly. Work's slightly better, but I'm super low on lumber. I managed to make one shop, get in my 60s, and unlock the Paladin/Rogue. I kind of want to go full caster, but getting some supporting classes first. At least I managed to kill the guardian of wherever I am right now so I own my own little spot of land.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Make sure you set your origin town, you will always own that and it gives you a stat bonus when you are there. Dismantle a bunch of equipment you aren't using for wood. You'll find a lot of it that spawns in the world. Kill the guardian in the exploration tab doesn't give you ownership of the land. You have to kill the player under the Control tab for that. Just keep killing poo poo and moving along, you'll have plenty of everything before you know it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I cheesed some lv100 lich guardian using sleep darts and poison, so I guess that was just a trial. Yeah, I set my origin town, I just need to get enough stone and wood now for a keep. There's next to no wood/stone spawns here so far, maybe because I'm in a big city. When I was passing through some more rural places there were a lot more. I'm just cruising right now, one more 2-star class nets me a fat 25k orn bonus.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

please knock Mom! posted:

I cheesed some lv100 lich guardian using sleep darts and poison, so I guess that was just a trial. Yeah, I set my origin town, I just need to get enough stone and wood now for a keep. There's next to no wood/stone spawns here so far, maybe because I'm in a big city. When I was passing through some more rural places there were a lot more. I'm just cruising right now, one more 2-star class nets me a fat 25k orn bonus.

A keep isn't anywhere near as good or necessary as a blacksmith, beastiary, and eventually way more shops. At Max upgrade, all a keep really does is give you 100k a day, and allow you to store followers/equipment. And you should be dismantling any equipment you don't think is cool or that you'd use, anyway.

I didn't realize that the update went live and I burned down dracon while watching TV from 75% health. Sorry! I truly didn't mean to. I just kept tapping attack and then he died. :shobon:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
That's fair, my plan was to unlock the tier 2 mage for that fat orns bonus, then grind on further to buy a blacksmith so I can finally get those quests/achievements. There's absolutely nothing in the neighborhood, maybe I'll check the nearby university.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Are pets only available in shops or will I be lucky enough to come across one in the wild?

Edit: Just found the wiki, which explains that Bestiaries are where pets can be acquired. Time to go find one (or save up to build one)

FreshFeesh fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 31, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Applied as MarcusSA

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Just walking around town is so much better than couchsitting, I might just exclusively play while out and about. Defeated a few rookie players and got myself closer to 100, good stuff.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Also, there's an ingame chat in the kingdom panel now. Funky.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

please knock Mom! posted:

Also, there's an ingame chat in the kingdom panel now. Funky.

Kind of a pain in the rear end to use, can't see the chat box when it's behind the keyboard overlay

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

holy poo poo this community is garbage

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
Yeah seriously.. its when you are trying to hit a luck statue.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
New update came out to unfuck the chat. Also added some more crap but thats not as important. Now I can properly tell you guys you suck for losing whatever we lose.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Someone named Goalish just ate poo poo versus an omnimancer, you know that loser?

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
I don't need a chat function to know that I suck. Once you get up to the higher tiers PVP is ridiculous.. can't hurt mages because their gear has high def and res. Mages seem to kick rear end at the higher levels. Everything else takes forever to kill because of ward and healing. It is nice that it gets a lot more complex than just smashing a single attack over and over though.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I'm still at the level where I just hope my sleep dart hits or my Sorrow 2 doesn't get interrupted, and then I win. If either of those 2 happen, I probably lose. If my opponent has a bunch of resists, my mana runs out and I lose. I usually win though, it's dumb that mages get def/res armor while melee only gets def armor, especially since mages also get def/res++ with the druid buff which only debuffs melee damage. I want to switch to melee, but since I'm a Druid now and I absolutely hate charge skills (have to kill a bunch of critters every morning to not hit for 1 damage) I'm probably forced to go Battlemage first just so I don't have to hunt dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night
A lot of the classes have charge skills higher up. They aren't too bad especially the bezerk/arisen one. Magistrate is time based so you don't have to do anything besides wait a little bit. And yeah being melee with no mana and no res blows, but its really not too bad. The elemental classes have to kill world bosses to charge up which would suck. Doing a regular gauntlet in the morning is a quick way to boost up though.