Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

lmao look at that dead muslim

love da' troops!

I have a cat with lymphoma and he has lost a bunch of weight. What is the best way to give a cat calories? I have tried high calorie pastes and it is malty and not appetizing for a cat, is there some kind of easily administered extremely caloric thing to give to a cat to get them serious calories?

Edit: a McDonald’s burger has better results than hill’s diet a/d or whatever super palatable prescription food.

Torpor fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Dec 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

love da' troops!

YourCreation posted:

Is he on chemotherapy/steroids/any other meds? How is his appetite? Any idea where the lymphoma is? Might try some B12 injections as they can be deficient with GI lymphoma.

He has a great appetite. He’s on a bunch of pred and antibiotics. I’ve taken him to two vets. He has an inoperable tumor and he’s anemic, with eosinophils and some other antibody sky high, stratospheric. But he is at half weight.

I could probably take him to a veterinary oncologist but I’m not sure if that is; a) reasonable, b) economical.

Edit: it just sucks, he has great energy and great appetite but his body is just betraying him and he’s wasting away.

Torpor fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 24, 2020

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

love da' troops!

My little guy is still kicking, running on steroids, his appetite is good and he is active and social, but he seems to be on a very slow trajectory downwards. Still refuses to eat fancy pants cat food only Halo turkey stew. I think he’s lost over 1/2 of his body weight.

He’s still putting in hours at my wife’s WFH job ‘helping’ her do zoom meetings by standing on the desk and blocking the camera and he still greets me at the door every day when I come home for lunch and at the end of the day.

I’m wondering if I should have gone to a veterinary oncologist.

Edit:

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

He's not passing blood anymore. Normal colored stool, a bit large. I'm still giving him miralax.

May I ask what ratio they gave you my guy has a liquid-easily-tracked-around-the-house-poop problem.

Torpor fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 13, 2021