Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Great Outdoors
Aug 11, 2010
Hello,

I am looking for some help wtih a behavioral problem im having with one of my cats. Please let me know if there is a better place to post this. I have 2 cats about 4 years old, male and female, both outdoor cats (i only let them out at night usually for about 4 hours a day). A few months ago my male was experiencing a partially blocked urinal track and sludge in urine which thankfully was solved with a diet change. During (and before) his recovery when he was having trouble urinating he was ignoring the litter box and often peeing in random corners of my house, which i was mostly letting him get away with due to his condition. Anyway, for about 2 months after his recovery he was acting completely normally but i noticed one afternoon that he had been peeing in one corner of my house under a table and not always using the litter box. I then cleaned it, have tried bringing a litter box into that room, rearranging the 3 (now 4) litterboxes, and gating off the room that hes been peeing in. The results over the last few weeks is that he will constantly just pick a new random corner of my house to pee in, completely ignoring the (clean) litterboxes. I've tried everything i can think of, and cant really see a pattern or reason for his behavior, he will use the litter box some of the time, but will sometimes ignore it even when they are freshly cleaned only hours ago and completely unused. Open to any and all ideas anyone might have to solve this problem as i really dont want to have to give him away so please let me know, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU