Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The blue bunny
May 29, 2013

Chainclaw posted:

Thanks for the suggestion. I really want a vet to recommend an option like that, but even after seeing the new vet today we were told "Oh, we can do a super special poop test for $200 and we'll get you the results on Monday." When we asked if there was anything we could do now, they said no. Right now me and my partner are each spending about 2 hours a day cleaning cat poo poo, we have to lock the cat in the bathroom overnight so he won't pee on the bed and he meows very loudly and is very upset about it for a while, so I'm woken up several times throughout the night. We might call the vet again tomorrow and ask about soluble fibre.

I have no idea how he is so energetic and so poopy at the same time. You would think he was a Tron motorcycle leaving a trail of poo poo from the last mess we just cleaned.

Somehow we're able to stay patient with him through all this. I think if he was a less cute cat it would be more difficult.

My cat gets runny poos. A vet diagnosed it as a food allergy. I was advised to switch food in and out to work out what she is allergic too. I finally worked out she is allergic to something they put in dry food and some wet food brands. The allergy is not with protein but some additive or filler. She now eat Felix and fancy fest and has no runny poo problems.

My advice is to have extra litter boxes, that can be swap out quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU