Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
This is gonna be rambly bc its been stressing me out for awhile and Im nervous :,( I may have even posted this months ago elsrwhere idk anymore

I am scheduling my dogs single leg Tplo surgery, long overdue, after a period of having to save up the money for it and the first surgeon having to take medical leave. I looked around a LOT before I found another vet I like, but now the original surgeon is back and I am not sure which to go with for her surgery. I am going to schedule consults with both and base it off that. Any suggestions on what I should look for/ask? I like both vets so far.

One is offering a generous discount to do this after seeing me get denied for a few charity foundations online. The other initially offered a generous discount as well because they had gotten a grant for $400 to them for other dogs needing the procedure in the future. This is the one where the surgeon took medical leave, they offered that donation before he left and now I am not sure they will offer it.

At this point money isnt the main factor I just feel so awful thinking about how scary this procedure will be for her and knowing how absolutely painful and long the recovery will be. It breaks my heart. I know she isnt happy with the current lifestyle of doing nothing endlessly bc we used to be very active. But just thinking about how much pain she will be in after the procedure....

I also have a very small fear of something going wrong during surgery, like she gets an infection from it or the anasthesia has an issue or heart issues during it, or just anything going wrong.

Im :( worry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2

- Wisdom of the ages.
No I appreciate it, that all is comforting to read :) Thank you. She is probably hurting more now than she shows so I am hoping the recovery is overall less bad than current pain. I know she will be happy to get out again. Definitely hope she gets good medicine after. No pre existing stuff just 7 years oldish.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2

- Wisdom of the ages.
Her surgery went fine, as far as I can tell! They didn't give her good meds out the door (only gabapentin wtf) so I had to go back the day after when she clearly was in pain, and she has been doing great since :, )