Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
We adopted an absolute perfect pup about 3 weeks ago who was heartworm positive at the shelter. I don't have experience with heartworm treatment, but we're sticking closely to the plan (no exercise, antibiotics for the first 30 days, she's on Heartgard and after two months of that she'll get her treatment shots, then 30 more days of strict rest)

My question is, at what point should I worry about the symptoms? Googling is mostly just showing what to look for BEFORE heartworms. She has some heavy breathing and coughing now and then, which I gather is a normal side effect of the worms. Should I only call the vet if I notice she isn't eating or blood in stool/urine or extreme lethargy etc?

Edit-- to clarify, she went to the vet last weekend for a check-up and they said she looked good.

Count Thrashula fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU