Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenaBoy
Jan 7, 2005

I like to fart in the bathtub and bite the bubbles...GRAVITAS!!!

Just trying to make one of my best friends comfortable.

I got an old cat who is about 17 and a half and is definitely showing age. We have to give her an IV every two days and some anti inflammatory drugs. Watching her get old and slowly not be able to do things she used to is crushing me. I'm fortunate I can be home a lot to keep an eye on her due to the ongoing lockdown. I'm doing my best to try and keep her comfortable and she is just moving slower I feel like every day. She got checked out by the vet a little while ago and was super constipated and needed an enema and hasn't been the same since. Other than her ongoing renal failure the vet says she's doing well given everything.
She now has trouble moving up and down our bed so we got her some steps. She does her best effort to make to the litterbox. She gets right in front pees then goes in it. But then she will get litter in her vagina that I have to clean out. We are pretty sure it's muscle and joint pain. We are getting a cat box made for old cats. She drinks a lot and still tries to play our little games/give me soft meows/even try to stumble sit on my shoulders a couple times a day. I feel guilt ridden because she stares at me if I'm nearby and will always want my lap. She is the pickiest eater ever so finding food she's interested is the hard but she will still, barely, eat and is still losing weight. We are also giving her miratazapene to help increase appetite and gabapentin for pain inflammation but makes her seriously wobbly. 

TLDR; I have an old cat who I'm trying to make comfortable while she lives out the rest of her life as she slowly deteriorates. Any special tips, foods(she is picky and usually likes trash kitty food constantly something different), massages, cat litter (she keeps getting litter in her vagina that I have to clean so I got paper pellet litter), aroma therapy candles, I'll do whatever to keep my friend comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenaBoy
Jan 7, 2005

I like to fart in the bathtub and bite the bubbles...GRAVITAS!!!

Thank you for the suggestion for the pain meds. I called the VET today and they may switch it when I pick up her IV fluids tomorrow.