Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Honourable mentions (basically tied 10th): Game of Thrones, and Silicon Valley.

10. Legion
I'm a sucker for its visual inventiveness. It wasn't at its best this season, but its highs remained excellent (I really loved the fairy tale episode, but something even as small as the shepherd's crook used by division 3 just killed me).

9. Bon Appetit's Gourmet Makes
Maybe not traditional television, but close to the thing that I watched most religiously week to week (or bi-weekly, or whatever it is). Its just super fun watching Claire Saffitz slowly lose her mind, I guess.

8. The Good Place
One of the funniest and most thoroughly enjoyable things on TV. I find a lot of the Eleanor/Chidi romance stuff a bit uninteresting and think it takes time away from the gags I love the show for, but it's been a great season nonetheless.

7. What We Do In The Shadows
I loved the movie, so I'm glad they've managed to capture the same magic for the TV show. All the new characters and perfect and hilarious.

6. You're The Worst
It turned out to be a love story the whole time, and it was a great one.

5. Chernobyl
The most horrifying thing I couldn't stop watching. Jared Harris and Stellan Skarsgard are excellent.

4. Barry
Funny and upsetting in equal measure. The Chechen mafia remain the best. Also, ronnie/lily is one of my top television episodes of the year. Just an insane trip.

3. Mr. Robot
This probably goes down as one of the most beautifully-composed television shows I've ever seen. I think this season hit a number of highs for the series (the house play episode stands out). It definitely helps that I never gave a gently caress about the sci-fi macguffin, but I thought it 100% stuck the ending.

2. Watchmen
Lindelof gave us the Leftovers in capes. It lets itself be funny and weird in between impactful moments. It's perfect.

1. Fleabag
In hindsight, I can't believe Phoebe Waller-Bridge managed to fit so much into 6 25-minute episodes. Its incredibly funny, sad and romantic, and I'm bummed that it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU