Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

10. Los Espookys
An extremely weird, goofy little show that managed to make me laugh more than just about anything else this year.

9. I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson
Except maybe this! A strange show that I binged in one sitting, this show managed to produce some of the funniest sketches I've seen on any show in years.

8. The Mandalorian
Another single-session binge, this one makes the list for just being a ton of fun. A simple concept perfectly executed.

7. Arrow
The finale season has been a perfect victory lap, simultaneously revisiting characters and plots from the show's past, building to the big crossover event, and providing an interesting foundation for a spin-off.

6. The Magicians
A show that seems to get better as it goes along. The finale was beautiful and heartbreaking in equal measure, and gave me a new appreciation for A-Ha.

5. Game of Thrones
The much-maligned final season probably won't land on too many lists, but I enjoyed the hell out of it and the ending worked just fine for me. GoT at its peak was must-see appointment television, and however polarizing it may have been this season was no different.

4. Legion
How do you make one of the strangest shows on TV even stranger? Add time travel! This final season had some issues, but the highs were so very, very high.

3. Watchmen
The idea of this show was so strange to me when I first heard about it, but I put my trust in Damon Lindelof and that trust was rewarded. Just excellent television start-to-finish, and a worthy “adaptation” of one of the great graphic novels of all time.

2. Mr Robot
Another final season! The show went off the rails a bit in previous seasons, but this year Sam Esmail brought his A-game, culminating in a thoughtful and affecting series finale.

1. Fleabag
Hilarious and moving. As soon as I finished the season I penciled it in as my #1, and nothing over the rest of the year dethroned it.

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I changed my #9, because while I loved Russian Doll I completely spaced on I Think You Should Leave and that definitely deserves a place on my list.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

esperterra posted:

Does anyone have or know where one could find a list of shows that started or continued to air in 2019, thx in advance

I used this, not sure who made it but Alan Sepinwall retweeted it a while back

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oPPV_lYwhin0NvLaniY2H8xAxSYkEmlyUKl2hywO4sE/edit#gid=1854891953