Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

My friend works in a coin and jewelry store and someone brought them these and sold them. Mickey Mantle trolled legendary Yankees manager Casey Stengel a lot

Please discuss your favorite shithead people in pro sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Toxic Mental posted:

Mickey Mantle trolled legendary Yankees manager Casey Stengel a lot

these rule, ty for sharing

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Michael Jordan's on-court trash talk ruined people's entire careers

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Ad by Khad posted:

He would literally tell a defender exactly what he was about to do to the guy's face, then proceed to exactly what he said and the other guy was powerless to stop him. And he did this constantly, in like, every game.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Toxic Mental posted:

My friend works in a coin and jewelry store and someone brought them these and sold them. Mickey Mantle trolled legendary Yankees manager Casey Stengel a lot

Please discuss your favorite shithead people in pro sports

loving lol

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Aaron Hernandez and OJ killed people but it's still Bruce Jenner

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
We all know that biggest rear end in a top hat is T*m "son kisser" Br*dy

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Supreme Allah posted:

Aaron Hernandez and OJ killed people but it's still Bruce Jenner

Ray Lewis killed a few people and now he is an announcer and the Ravens put a statue of him outside their stadium

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Ad by Khad posted:

Aw, Muggsy Bogues :smith:

He was so little

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Lance Armstrong ruined a bunch of careers covering up his PED use.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
A bunch of English football players have killed people in drink driving accidents (Luke McCormick, Marcos Alonso).

Joey Barton put a cigar out in some poor lads eye.

Wales manager Ryan Giggs had an affair with his brother's wife for 8 years. Got the courts to put a gagging order on the tabloids to try to keep it a secret.

Luis Suarez bit someone during a game, racially abused another, and his club made t-shirts for all his teammates to wear in support of him afterwards.

Ched did nothing wrong.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

All the ones who raped people. Ben Roethlisberger. Kobe Bryant. Jameis Winston. Many others we probably don't know about.

Joe Mixon punched a girl in the face in a fast food restaurant. It's on camera, too.

Ray Rice, punched his fiancee unconscious in a hotel elevator, she still married him. :(

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Mickey Mantle owns

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Colin Kaepernick disrespected are troops

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

you broke my grill posted:

Mickey Mantle owns

This is the best thing ever.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
dear mickey mantle,
I actually knew you were going to own me so it doesn't count rear end hole
regards,
c.s.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
But really, it's Pete Rose

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

LabyaMynora posted:

Ray Rice, punched his fiancee unconscious in a hotel elevator, she still married him. :(

That's life under patriarchal capitalism.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Michael Vic is probably pretty high up there.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

"[Mickey Mantle] was a practical joker, always pulling stunts in the clubhouse. My rookie year, he went around the clubhouse, and he was raffling off a Smithfield ham. He was talking about how great this ham would taste. And we all put, you know, 2 bucks into the hat or something like that, and we got a number. And then he drew the numbers, and it was my number. I don't know if this is a rookie setup or not, but I went over to his locker and I said, 'Hey, Mick. Hey, I got the winning number here. Where's the ham?' He said, 'Well, there is no ham.' I said, 'What do you mean?' He said, 'Well, that's one of the hazards of a game of chance.' "

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Mickey Mantle owns

gently caress you all for making me like a stupid loving yankee

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Mickey Mantle owns

Showing some writing skill here - set the scene, setup, and punchline. Homophones "come" and "cum" used properly as well.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

This Micky Mantle guy sounds like a real American hero.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
OP, any of the owners of these respective sports teams have done far more damage than any individual player are ever capable of doing combined.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

numberoneposter posted:

This Micky Mantle guy sounds like a real American hero.

he got to play gently caress, marry, kill with marilyn monroe

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

For baseball at least, Ty Cobb has to be in the running.
Probably Albert Belle too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYDBFAFOqC8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV3fNK31HD4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Cleveland_Indians_corked_bat_incident

Bonds shoved his pregnant wife down the stairs, but unfortunately spousal abuse is too common among ballplayers to really make him the "biggest" rear end in a top hat :(

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
It's Ty Cobb, a notoriously violent racist.

quote:

On the field, he was famous for violence, but off the field it was his almost sociopathic personality that won him headlines. In 1907, a black groundskeeper greeted Cobb in a way the ballplayer felt was too familiar, and hothead Cobb violently attacked the man; when the groundskeeper's wife tried to intervene, he began choking her, and might have killed her had a catcher not knocked Cobb out cold. In 1908, when a black laborer complained to Cobb about how he'd just walked through freshly poured asphalt, Cobb went into attack mode again, earning a battery charge.

But the most outrageous incident might be what happened more than a century ago today. While playing against the Highlanders in New York, Cobb was so incensed by remarks from a heckler named Claude Lucker that he charged into the stands and attacked the man. As Cobb began beating and stomping the man with those razor-sharp cleats that had punished so many basemen, a crew of his teammates held people at bay. Some in the crowd protested, since Lucker had lost all of one hand and most of the other in an industrial accident, and couldn't defend himself with his fists. A cry went up: “Cobb, that man has no hands!” Cobb reportedly yelled back in a psychotic rage, “I don’t care if he got no feet!” Protected by his teammates, the beating went on until a cop and an umpire led Cobb away.

https://www.metrotimes.com/the-scene/archives/2015/05/15/103-years-ago-that-rear end in a top hat-ty-cobb-attacked-a-fan

When I was looking for this I noticed there seems to be an attempt to whitewash his legacy. Disgusting. There's a lot more stories like these too. One good thing is by the end of his life he started to realize he shouldn't have been such an rear end in a top hat and died a lonely regretful old man.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Conrad Dobler was an offensive lineman during the 70's for the Cardinals. Normally these are the guys getting thrown around by the bigger, faster defensive linemen and linebackers. He knew he wasn't good at football so he made the game into a streetfight. He would punch, kick and bite as much as he could get away with. His intention was to make the other guy forget about playing football and concentrate on this personal dogfight. At one point he had to have a cast put on his hand and forearm after a break. He realized he could use it as a club and did so until the league realized that he had it on far longer than he needed to and ordered him to take it off. Eventually he started getting flagged regularly and fell out of the league.

He was not the biggest rear end in a top hat to play offensive lineman.

Richie Incognito bulled a second year on his own team so badly that the player had a breakdown and left pro football.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

The coach told Incognito to bully that guy to toughen him up

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The coach told Incognito to bully that guy to toughen him up

poo poo, I hadn't heard this. Was it Joe Philbin? 'Cuz before he was the head coach for Miami, his son raped a girl, and Philbin tried to destroy some evidence. The son later on drowned in one of the lakes in Wisconsin (Philbin was OC of the Packers at the time.)

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Nooner posted:

We all know that biggest rear end in a top hat is T*m "son kisser" Br*dy

Nooner posted:

Ray Lewis killed a few people and now he is an announcer and the Ravens put a statue of him outside their stadium

Come on Nooner. We're all witnesses to Tom Brady kissing his son, but there are no witnesses of Ray Lewis killing anybody.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

It's Ty Cobb, a notoriously violent racist.

https://www.metrotimes.com/the-scene/archives/2015/05/15/103-years-ago-that-rear end in a top hat-ty-cobb-attacked-a-fan

When I was looking for this I noticed there seems to be an attempt to whitewash his legacy. Disgusting. There's a lot more stories like these too. One good thing is by the end of his life he started to realize he shouldn't have been such an rear end in a top hat and died a lonely regretful old man.

The guy who developed beanie babies was named after this dude, and that’s the only thing I knew about Ty Cobb prior to this post. Thanks

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Do not put in boy
Hand deliver

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Dennis Rodman pals with mass murdering dictators.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Thots and Prayers posted:

Lance Armstrong ruined a bunch of careers covering up his PED use.
He made himself the villain, completely unapologetically.

Tons of dopers in the sport remain very well thought of (and every pro sport but no one gonna touch the NFL with a ten food pole regarding doping) but his little mafia was ruthless and it goes beyond a "love to hate him" kind of personality to where it's just reprehensible, and in a lot of cases it was his own American team mates he was throwing under the bus. The phrase "if you're not cheating, you're not competing" comes to mind but with Lance it's so much more.

While he remains a great athlete and watching his old victories is still impressive he is now disgraced, and I think a lot of it is because of how his true character came to light and not specifically that he doped.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 8, 2019

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Karl the Mailman Malone was a gigantic aggressive rear end in a top hat on the court, but that's also why he loving ruled. I still occasionally look up videos of that dude wrecking people. Malone played basketball like a hockey player and it loving owned.

BV
Oct 23, 2005

NO ITS FUNNY. FUCK YOU. TIA
John Rocker was a pretty big rear end in a top hat

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Nooner posted:

Worst of all, he's a blue lives matter guy.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yzeo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Honky Dong Country posted:

Karl the Mailman Malone was a gigantic aggressive rear end in a top hat on the court, but that's also why he loving ruled. I still occasionally look up videos of that dude wrecking people. Malone played basketball like a hockey player and it loving owned.

Karl Malone raped a 13 year old girl and she got pregnant and had his kid, Malone is EASILY one of the worst people, and fans still love him

There’s a lot of terrible athletes