Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gimme a good compilation vid please.

https://youtu.be/IfD3k33FxUQ

Iirc the Isaiah Thomas shot in there resulted in a fuckton of stitches. Malone was a titanic rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Andre Agassi finger-hosed my rear end without clipping his nails first; v rude/sharp IMO!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Najeh Davenport poo poo in a womans laundry hamper in college. Doesnt make him the worst ever but that's pretty good.

quote:

During his career, Davenport was given the nicknames "Dookie" and "The Dump Truck." While playing for the Packers, a portable commode was placed inside of his locker during training camp as a rookie hazing prank, and a spirited letter writing campaign to the Green Bay team equipment manager asked in jest that he be issued jersey Number Two for practice, which is still referenced during the opening of the "D-List" show on WAUK ESPN 540 in Milwaukee.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Kazak posted:

What's up with Lance Armstrong he lied about doping and what else?

He forced everyone else on his team to dope so that they could help him win and if anyone tried to speak up about it he would get them blackballed in the sport and effectively end their careers. Has shown zero remorse for his actions. God, what a loving rear end in a top hat

AF fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 8, 2019

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I just remembered Marvin Harrison is probably a crime lord.

https://www.espn.com/espnmag/story?id=3827402

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Toxic Mental posted:

My friend works in a coin and jewelry store and someone brought them these and sold them. Mickey Mantle trolled legendary Yankees manager Casey Stengel a lot

Please discuss your favorite shithead people in pro sports

As much as I love these, they guy your friend knows got ripped off. The non "April Fool's" ones can't be real, Casey Stengel got fired in October 1960. Those are dated 61.

Edit: Got it backwards, the april fool's ones are dated 60, it's the other 2 that are dated 61

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Only took 2 pages to find someone who will defend Ty loving Cobb.

this is one of the weirder hardline internet positions i've seen lately

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Felipe Vazquez was recently arrested for a sexual relationship with a 13 year old. they also found lewd pictures of her on his phone. He claims that he asked her for her ID and she tricked him with a fake one. Lame excuse of a defense, but I guess that all hes got.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
I'd argue that the biggest assholes are not the ones who did Bad Things, but the people above them who knew about it and covered it up because that was best for The Team/School.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The Packers drafted a dude that went on to become a serial killer who possibly killed upwards of 45 people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Woodfield

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

ElectricSheep posted:

Aw, Muggsy Bogues :smith:

He was so little

Not so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaPzdodcliU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Are we scoring e-sportsters as pro "athletes"? Either way i nominate those assholes from Penn State for the list of worst assholes in sports.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Whorelord posted:

I feel like a significant number of Italian footballers are fascists.

Italian Club Lazio has a huge chunk of fash suporters, recently they got beaten 2-1 by Celtic, who have a huge chunk of anti-fash suporters.

Lazio fans turned up giving nazi salutes:

Celtic's response:

Celtic players and fans celebration after scoring;

All leading to mussolini's dipshit grandaughter having a whine and calling for them to be prosecuted;
https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/fasci...o-be-prosecute/

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Can I put in a vote for Shane Warne?

Convicted match-fixer Shane Warne? Convicted drug cheat Shane Warne, who blamed his mum for the "diet pills" he was busted for? Shane Warne who once threatened to beat up a 14 year old New Zealand boy because the kid took a photo of him smoking? Shane Warne who left an interview promoting his waxwork figure in Madame Tussauds in a sook after one of the interviewers commented on how the figure was of him when he was younger and slimmer? Shane Warne whose "charitable foundation" in practice donated negligible amounts of cash to charity yet still found the money to pay it's CEO, (Warne's brother) a 6 figure annual salary? Shane Warne who once ordered Pizza to a Chinese restaurant where the Victorian team was having a team meeting because he didn't want to eat any 'foreign food'? Shane Warne who went on national TV, (in a show as classy as I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here no less), and claimed that he didn't believe in evolution and thought humans came from Aliens?

Undisputedly the best leg-spin bowler to ever draw breath Shane Warne?

Coz he is a oval office.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Convicted match-fixer Shane Warne? Convicted drug cheat Shane Warne, who blamed his mum for the "diet pills" he was busted for? Shane Warne who once threatened to beat up a 14 year old New Zealand boy because the kid took a photo of him smoking? Shane Warne who left an interview promoting his waxwork figure in Madame Tussauds in a sook after one of the interviewers commented on how the figure was of him when he was younger and slimmer? Shane Warne whose "charitable foundation" in practice donated negligible amounts of cash to charity yet still found the money to pay it's CEO, (Warne's brother) a 6 figure annual salary? Shane Warne who once ordered Pizza to a Chinese restaurant where the Victorian team was having a team meeting because he didn't want to eat any 'foreign food'? Shane Warne who went on national TV, (in a show as classy as I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here no less), and claimed that he didn't believe in evolution and thought humans came from Aliens?

Undisputedly the best leg-spin bowler to ever draw breath Shane Warne?

Coz he is a oval office.

oval office SOUNDS LIKE A FUKKIN LEGEND *waterboards child with VB*

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Those old wrestling anecdotes. Went to find them but google is a pigs breakfast

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Pound_Coin posted:

Italian Club Lazio has a huge chunk of fash suporters, recently they got beaten 2-1 by Celtic, who have a huge chunk of anti-fash suporters.

Lazio fans turned up giving nazi salutes:

Celtic's response:

Celtic players and fans celebration after scoring;

All leading to mussolini's dipshit grandaughter having a whine and calling for them to be prosecuted;
https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/fasci...o-be-prosecute/

LOL, that poo poo is awesome.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Shut up Meg posted:

I'd argue that the biggest assholes are not the ones who did Bad Things, but the people above them who knew about it and covered it up because that was best for The Team/School.

Joe Paterno wasn't in professional sports though, doesn't count for the thread.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Coz he is a oval office.

Yeah Warnie is a massive oval office that really turned me off cricket for a while.

Let's not forget AFL "legends" like Gary Ablett Sr & Wayne Carey. Gary, who took a 20 year old woman back to his hotel room and told her the heroin he was snorting was coke because apparently he didn't want her taking heroin but coke was okay. She died anyway and apparently he kept the "truth" secret because he said her family didn't want their daughter's name dragged through the mud even though it already had been. Yeeeeeah that makes sense. Either way, no charges, regarded as one of the game's greatest.

And as for Wayne I'll just quote wikipedia

quote:

In 1997 Carey pleaded guilty to indecent assault after grabbing a passing woman's breast on a Melbourne city street after 12 hours of drinking with teammates.[31] He allegedly told her "Why don't you get a bigger pair of tits".[32] Carey later settled out of court when the woman filed a civil suit against him.[33]

In 2004, while holidaying with his then wife, Carey was subject to arrest for a misdemeanour battery report while holidaying in Las Vegas.[18] He was placed in custody for one night then released. The local District Attorney elected not to pursue the case.[18]

Carey again became the subject of public comment in February 2006 when he announced he was leaving his pregnant wife Sally for model Kate Neilson.[35] His daughter Ella was born six weeks later. In December 2006 Neilson allegedly reported Carey to Australian police for domestic violence, alleging he had punched her in the face.[36] Neilson and Carey denied this report. Subsequently, US security guard Kyle Banks told the Nine Network's A Current Affair he saw Carey attacking Neilson while working at the exclusive W Hotel in New York City in October 2006. Banks said he saw Carey break a bottle of French champagne over his own head.[37]

On 27 January 2008 Carey was arrested after reports of a disturbance at his Port Melbourne apartment. Police had to subdue Carey with capsicum spray and he was seen hand-cuffed after allegedly assaulting the officers.[38]

Two days later, the Nine Network announced it would not renew the television contract of Carey after it was revealed that Carey had been arrested and charged with assaulting a police officer and Neilson in Miami, Florida on 27 October 2007, after he allegedly glassed Neilsen in the face and neck with a wine glass.[39][40][41] Police Lieutenant Bill Schwartz, however reported:[42]

When officers went and spoke to him, he immediately was belligerent, starting striking out at the officers, in fact, kicked one of the female officers in the face with his foot, elbowed another one in the side of the face. They had to wrestle him down and handcuff him. When he was in the police car, he used his head as a battering ram and tried to smash a hole between the front compartment of the police car and the prisoner compartment.

To stop Carey harming himself and damaging the car, the officers put him into a leather hobble restraint around his hands and legs.[42] Carey faced up to fifteen years in jail and US$30,000 fines. Additionally Carey was fired from commentary jobs at 3AW and the Nine Network following the coverage of the two arrests.[30] Ultimately Carey pleaded guilty to assaulting and resisting Miami police. In exchange for his guilty pleas, prosecutors agreed that Carey should only serve 50 hours of community service, attend alcohol and anger-management classes, serve two years probation, and pay US$500 to a Miami police charity.[43] As a consequence of his criminal record in the United States, Carey was refused an entry visa in October 2009.[44]

Carey was attempting to visit Barwon Prison in February 2012 to speak to indigenous inmates as part of a mentoring program, however he was found to have traces of cocaine on his clothing following a routine drug scan. Carey was informed that he could enter the prison if he submitted to a strip search. He declined and left the correctional facility.

Again, regarded as one of the game's greatest. Currently being paid big bucks to host coverage of the sport as if nothing had happened. I swear in Australia you can get away with anything if you're a sportsman who isn't aboriginal

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Checking to see if ‘bitchmade’ also counts as a probatable gendered slur for example ‘this gbs mod policy regarding gendered slurs seems bitchmade as hell’

E: to clarify I’m ok with the current policy as is but using ‘gendered slurs’ as the reason seems disingenuous bc it is that one word that is probatable, not gendered slurs as a whole as far as I’m aware.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 9, 2019

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Rae Carruth arranged for his soon to be mother of his child to be murdered and she eventually did die along with the child

quote:

On November 16, 1999, near Carruth's home in Charlotte, North Carolina, Cherica Adams, a real estate agent he had been casually dating, was shot four times by Van Brett Watkins Sr., a night club manager and an associate of Carruth. Adams managed to call 911, and said that Carruth had stopped his vehicle in front of hers, and that another vehicle drove alongside and its passenger had shot her. Carruth then drove away from the scene.[8]

Adams was eight months pregnant with Carruth's child at the time. Soon after her admission to the hospital, she fell into a coma. Doctors delivered the baby via emergency caesarean section. Carruth went to the police and posted $3 million bail, on condition that if either Adams or the infant died, he would turn himself in.[8] Adams died on December 14, 1999. The baby, named Chancellor Lee Adams, survived, but suffered permanent brain damage and cerebral palsy as a result of being without oxygen for 70 minutes before he was born.[7][9]

At trial, prosecutors contended that Carruth hired Watkins and others to murder Adams because of her refusal to abort their unborn child.[13] Carruth's lawyer David Rudolf claimed that Carruth had been caught up in a drug deal gone bad. They claimed that on the night of the shooting, after Carruth had refused to fund the drug deal, Watkins shot Adams in a sudden rage when she "flipped him off" after he had attempted to ask her about Carruth's whereabouts.[14]

Carruth was found guilty of conspiracy to commit murder, shooting into an occupied vehicle, and using an instrument to destroy an unborn child. He was sentenced to 18 to 24 years in prison. He was found not guilty of first-degree murder, and was spared the death penalty.[15][16]

Carruth sent a letter in 2018 apologizing to Saundra Adams, the mother of Cherica Adams, via WBTV in Charlotte, North Carolina, for accusing her of lying about him in interviews for years.[1][17]

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Not really a piece of poo poo off the court but Bill Laimbeer was accused of ruining basketball by Michael Jordan. Nobody could stop Jordan so Laimbeer would just foul the loving poo poo out of him and anyone else. His presence on the court just took people off of their game because they didn't know when they were going to catch a thumb to the eye or get pushed out of the air.

He has a video game called "Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball" which is kind of hilarious.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Honky Dong Country posted:

They should unionize anyway. Just because I personally don't consider it a sport even though it requires athletics doesn't mean they shouldn't tell Vince to go gently caress himself and unionize. Especially considering how those dudes wreck their bodies for their job. Professional wrasslers should definitely unionize.

Jesse Ventura basically had the entire locker room unionized and Hulk Hogan ratted him out to Vince.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
guys you just need to post a photo of yourself holding your username upside down before you're allowed to use the 'australia approved slur'

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

After Ty Cobb beat up that disabled heckler, his team went on strike to protest Cobb's suspension. So the Tigers had one day to find a new major league baseball team. They fielded three coaches who were former players, most of a college baseball team, and an amateur boxer who had never played baseball before. They lost 24-2.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

ulex minor posted:

guys you just need to post a photo of yourself holding your username upside down before you're allowed to use the 'australia approved slur'

its a not aussie site with not aussie mods it really doesn't matter if it's just a general swear and not a slur here

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I just got called a "dead oval office" by some drunk rear end dude at the Albion train station after I told the young Asian man he was about to hate-crime to walk with me. He was wearing basketball shorts so I elect him as biggest rear end in a top hat in sports.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
The dude who played Random Task in the Austin Powers movie.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Atleast he didn't call you a dog, the most powerful of insults

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Welllllp okay sorry moddy

I got a question for the baseball fans. Was the guy with "gently caress face" written on the base of the bat he posed with for his card an actual fuckface? Billy Ripken I think his name is

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

luncheon meat posted:

I swear in Australia you can get away with anything if you're a sportsman who isn't aboriginal

Titus O'Reily has written a pretty good book on that subject.

underage at the vape shop posted:

Atleast he didn't call you a dogflog, the most powerful of insults

Unrelatedly, let me add another Australian arsehole sportsmen. Matty Johns.

He was involved in a non-consensual group sex encounter with a woman, (He picked her up in a pub, and while they were having sex his mates climbed in the window and joined in and rain a train on her as she protested. Or maybe he was one of the guys that climbed in the window. I don't remember the details). Anyway for his part in this rape he appeared on a TV news show to apologize to his fans, his club, his wife and his family. At no point did he apologize to the woman he raped, nor, (if I remember correctly), face any legal repercussions for his part in a rape.

Oh, and like Wayne Carey, he kept his TV job as a commentator/pundit.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

luncheon meat posted:

Welllllp okay sorry moddy

I got a question for the baseball fans. Was the guy with "gently caress face" written on the base of the bat he posed with for his card an actual fuckface? Billy Ripken I think his name is

Not really, he said he wrote "gently caress face" on his bat so he could distinguish it from his teammate's bats during practice. He's mostly known for that card and being Cal Ripken Jr's younger brother.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Titus O'Reily has written a pretty good book on that subject.
For those curious: A Sporting Chance: Australian Sporting Scandals and the Path to Redemption

I haven't read it but I read his previous book (A Thoroughly Unhelpful History of Australian Sport) and it was decent enough.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hollandia posted:

The dude who played Random Task in the Austin Powers movie.

If you want to see something that'll make you feel better he gets his nuts wailed on in UFC

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhHoeSc9CrE

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Louis Chiron was one of the most successful and well known drivers in pre-war Grand Prix racing (the precursor to modern Formula One). At around the same time, a female driver by the name of Hellé Nice was also relatively successful, especially given the attitudes around gender at the time.

WW2 and it’s aftermath essentially stopped auto racing for a decade, but as it was starting to build up again, Chiron accused Nice of being a Nazi collaborator at a party in 1949. There was absolutely zero evidence of this, and it completely ruined Nice’s career permanently. She lived the remainder of her life in extreme poverty.

It’s not clear why Chiron thought she was a collaborator or what his motivations were.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

Rae Carruth arranged for his soon to be mother of his child to be murdered and she eventually did die along with the child

The child lived. He has cerebral palsy because of the circumstances of his birth, but he's been raised by his grandmother. Lee Adams attended a Panthers game last year and here's a good Sports Illustrated story from a few years ago on Adams.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The X-man cometh posted:

I just remembered Marvin Harrison is probably a crime lord.

https://www.espn.com/espnmag/story?id=3827402

:staredog:

Well that was unexpected.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Also, letting people post without using capitals or periods these days is way, WAY more offensive than c-bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Worth noting that cock-punching was a completely legal tactic in the UFC at the time.

Also worth noting that the guy getting repeatedly punched in the cock is a brutal gang rapist currently serving 27 years in prison for murdering his cellmate while serving a 9 year prison sentence for the aformentioned raping. So, you know, a few rungs further up the rear end in a top hat tree.