Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Hey guys, Sean's wife here.

I appreciate all the memories you guys are sharing. Sean was a great guy who really cared about others and this community really meant a lot to him. We've both been goons for over a decade. I'm so inspired that goons are already dedicating creative projects to Sean's memory, and I am so thankful for the support of this community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Hekk posted:

I waited to post something because I didn't have anything thoughtful or insightful to add. I thought a day or two would give me some clarity and allow me to write something more memorable. I was wrong. Sean was a cool dude and I enjoyed his conversation on discord and on these boards. I am sorry he is dead and will miss him.

Honestly, hearing this kind of thing is exactly what's been getting me through the past few days. Just knowing there are other people out there who miss him makes it easier.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Thanks again to everyone who posted, or contacted me with memories, or donated. It all means a lot. I know he'll never be forgotten.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

I don’t come around much anymore but I remember your husband from the old days and you from your av. I hope he went easy and you have many good memories to cherish.

Thanks. He passed suddenly and likely without any pain. As for the memories I'm lucky enough to know so many people whose lives he touched. It's been a blessing to hear everyone's favorite stories about Sean.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Thank you to everyone who has been keeping Sean's memory alive. I finally have a date for his inurnment at Arlington National Cemetery. September 17th at 10AM. Unfortunately, due to COVID at this time only 10 people will be able to attend which will limit the crowd to close family only. However, due to generous contributions to the gofundme and the generosity of Sean's loved ones, I'll be able to hire photographers and videographers to document the occasion. The company I am using has even reduced their prices for livestreaming during the pandemic so it's very likely that I'll be able to provide you all a link to watch the service in realtime.

I know you loved him too.

Thank you for your support.

--Maria

Wroughtirony fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 16, 2020

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Great news! Arlington has relaxed some of their COVID restrictions and the limit on gatherings has been raised from 10 to 50. This means that anyone who wants to attend Sean's inurnment will be able to do so. If you plan on going, just give me a heads up so I can keep you caught up on details as the date approaches.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Will there still be some option for those of us overseas to partake?

Yup. I'm having the service both videotaped and livestreamed.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Anyone who plans to attend please give me a heads up so I can expect you. There's room for everyone. For the rest of you, watch this space for a link to the livestream. Sean's dad hired a bagpiper so that will be an added element.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

https://my.anc.media/2BMmCAs

There's the link to the livestream. It'll go up around 0950 on Sept 17.

We miss you so much, Sean.

Wroughtirony fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Aug 25, 2020

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

I'm just happy to be able to provide the option. If you tune in via the livestream make sure to PM me or hit me up on discord and let me know you were there. I'd like to personally thank everyone for coming- virtual or not.

If you're able to attend in person, that's even better. Again, send me a PM and I'll send you all the details about where to be and when. Don't feel awkward about not knowing anyone- a lot of people are going to be in that boat and you all have something important in common- Sean.

Thank you all so much for your love and support during this difficult time. I know Sean would be proud of you for stepping up the way you have.

--Maria

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Thanks so much to everyone who attended and watched the livestream. There will be a final, edited video as well as still photographs available soon, and I will let everyone know where to find those. Your support has meant the world to me during this difficult time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Here's a Google Drive link to the photos of Sean's inurnment ceremony: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PYn47KNQbIe_mGnSs4i0cG7ABjIMTRIh?usp=sharing

The final, edited video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB1g2t-jUcM

Thanks again to everyone for their love and support over the past year.