Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buddha_beatnik
May 17, 2010
** sniff **

Caroll Spinney passes.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/caroll-spinney-dead-dies-sesame-street-big-bird-oscar-the-grouch-1203428981

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Caroll Spinney used to poo poo talk Barney, now he's gone and Barney is still here. Owned.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Big Bird and Juice Wrld gone at the same time, tomorrow’s gonna be tough for 4 year olds

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrZyMptC2eQ

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

RIP Big Bird

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
Matt Vogel does these characters now, so they're not going anywhere?

Edit: Correction, Eric Jacobson does Oscar the Grouch.

schmuckfeatures
Oct 27, 2003
Hair Elf
big bird

more like

big interred

:owned:

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rip lil peep

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

So um, this is what it says on WIki

"Spinney died at his home in Woodstock, Connecticut, on December 8, 2019, at the age of 85 where he took his last breath in the Big Bird suit."

Thats gotta be a joke right?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"B...b...bring me the suit"

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

aw poo poo I thought that would be funny but I just made myself sad

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
i dislike every muppet. but big bird was allright. rip

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

End of Shoelace posted:

i dislike every muppet. but big bird was allright. rip

You dont like Pepe the Prawn? He is the best!

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

The_Continental posted:

aw poo poo I thought that would be funny but I just made myself sad

I’m giggling like an idiot, it’s sad and funny. I was talking about Sesame Street just the other day for like the first time in decades, the back in the day era of Sesame Street, Mr Rogers was like feel good positive time. I’ll miss that bird.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

"Spinney died at his home in Woodstock, Connecticut, on December 8, 2019, at the age of 85 where he took his last breath in the Big Bird suit."

Thats gotta be a joke right?

Sounds like how any furry would like to go out. :shrug:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Imagine how the bird suit smelled, hahaha.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Well that didn't take long a video of his final moments has surfaced. Its pretty sad you can for sure hear the death rattle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbmgsP125a8

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
There's no way Caroll Spinney didn't know that Kevin Clash was a closeted gay man who was chasing underaged tail while his wife and children lived a lie, it was an open secret among the entire Childrens Television Workshop/Jim Henson Company and he was especially close to the man. Just a lil something to think about.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Are they gonna make a Big Bird / Oscar death episode?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NjFbz6vGU8

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Well that didn't take long a video of his final moments has surfaced. Its pretty sad you can for sure hear the death rattle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbmgsP125a8

I can't catch my breath for all the laughing.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Sleeveless posted:

There's no way Caroll Spinney didn't know that Kevin Clash was a closeted gay man who was chasing underaged tail while his wife and children lived a lie, it was an open secret among the entire Childrens Television Workshop/Jim Henson Company and he was especially close to the man. Just a lil something to think about.

And big bird is more complicit in this why?

hitchensgoespop fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 9, 2019

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rip big turd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Big Beef City posted:

Rip big turd

you shut your loving mouth RIGHT NOW